Photo Quiz

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Photo Quiz

Postby angel » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:54 pm

jadegil6 hi!
maybe chas was right in cebu. at first i guess at baclaran.hehehe but no idea with that picture.. its more fun in the philippines. many beautiful places here. so come visit philippines.
angel

Postby jadegil6 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:21 pm

Chas is right. It is Sto.Nino Church in Cebu City.

Next is:
where in the world.jpg
where in the world.jpg (205.96 KiB) Viewed 10471 times
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby Chas » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:19 pm

I think it is the Loboc River on Bohol. There are similar boat trips on the river at Sagay on Negros from Barangay Fabrica to Old Sagay. I think this is Loboc as I think I recognise the bridge.

On my first trip on the Loboc River it was the first time I saw the Tinikaling dancing. It was amazing. I could never do it :D
Chas

Postby jadegil6 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:46 pm

Yes, it is the Loboc River Cruise boats in Bohol. Good job!

Next one may be a little harder.
The hint is that it is a freshwater lake.

where-is-it-edited.gif
where-is-it-edited.gif (208.58 KiB) Viewed 10466 times
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby Chas » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:42 am

Taal lake, Tagatay, Luzon. I only know this as I was researching Tagatay as a possible place to visit on one of my Philippine trips, I have not been there yet!
Chas

Postby lyrehc » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:51 am

Chas wrote:The final picture of mine, the beach and bancas, was of Honda Bay. Honda make motorcycles and cars.

Wow Lyrehc. My initial thought was that your building photo was from Corregidor Island, but then I realised the building was in too good a condition. I wondered if it was one of the abandoned Sugar Cane Mansions near Silay. It seems Angel knows the answer.

I used Google to help me with the second photo. I looked up Cyndy@dscene and was directed to her Multiply site, though it seems Multiply no longer operates. I saw an index that indicated she (he?) had been to the Lucban festival in Quezon, Luzon. So I thought you might be from there. Following Angel's answer I googled Bacolod Festival and saw images of the same design of mask. So you are from Bacolod. :D

Bacolod is one of my favourite cities in the Philippines and because of my interest in the sugar cane railways I have been there a number of times. Last time was April this year. I love eating at Trattoria Uma near the Fisher Hotel. They serve some yummy Italian food.

Previously I stayed at the Sylvia Manor Hotel so I booked in again this time and I was very disappointed. The staff were wonderful, but the hotel itself needed refurbishing. I then stayed a few days in a cheap hotel with a swimming pool, across the road from Trattoria Uma and down a side street. I forget its name, but it was good value. I think about 1000 pesos a night for an aircon room.

You are very lucky living in Bacolod. Salamat for sharing the photos.

i'm actually from bacolod the next time you visit try contact me..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
angel was right its from the ruins, sylvia manor was a new hotel there are others who are cheaper but very nice place to stay.... nice subject you have her :D :D
lyrehc
lyrehc

Postby lyrehc » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:58 am

where i am???
Attachments
ash.jpg
ash.jpg (145.63 KiB) Viewed 10466 times
lyrehc
lyrehc

Postby Chas » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:52 am

Hi Lyrehc

I think your photo is of the bottom falls at the Mambukal Mountain Resort near Bacolod :D

I have no plans to go back to Bacolod at the moment, but if I ever get to Guimaras I expect I will travel via San Carlos - Bacolod - Iloilo, The road over the mountains from San Carlos to Bacolod is nice. You even see some small rice terraces.

Chas
Chas

Postby angel » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:21 pm

hello everyone!

chas is amazing a big WOW!
your kind of traveller here, i think you've been into many places here in philippines. you've been tour in many beautiful places here. do you have a tour guide chas? or you accompanied with someone?
angel

Postby cheryz » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:22 am

chas, angel is right. i name you Chas the explorer :D he wanted to tour around the world.

sir michael i thought the last picture you post is from top of guimaras island but chas had the answer and he really knows it was in taal lake.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
cheryz

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum