Christian Living

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Christian Living

Postby crisipicada » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:21 am

The Christian is one who has renounced his own will and submits to the will of God for his life in all that he does (Goodman).
The problem that faces every Christian is how to ascertain the will of God.
The life of Jesus Christ on earth is a perfect illustration of absolute conformity to the will of God.
Hebrews 10:7 “Then said I, Lo, I come… to do Thy will, O God. “Jesus Christ came to earth to fulfill God’s will.
Jesus actually finished the work that the Father gave him to do on earth. John 17:5 “I finished the work which Thou gavest Me to do.”
As Jesus was assigned a specific task to perform on earth, so similarly, each Christian is assigned a special task. It is your responsibility and mine to learn from the Lord the plan for your lives.

I. God has a Plan for Every Life
There is a divine blueprint for each one of God’s people. This plan is suited to our personalities, talents, needs, potentialities and environment.
Ephesians 2:10 “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. “
God has ordained certain specific tasks, works for each individual Christian.
Hebrews 12”1 “… run with patience the race that is set before us.” There is a different race for each one of us. Paul could say, “I have finished my course.” He fulfilled his ministry and his work was completed. 2 Timothy 4:7
Acts 22:14” And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know His will.” God wanted Paul to know that Lord’s will.
God’s plan for you is very personal. It is just for you. Psalm 32”8 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with Mine eye.”
God’s plan is very detailed. Psalm 37:23 “The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord.” God doesn’t always reveal the distant future, but step by step.
God’s plan is continuous. Isaiah 58:11 “And the Lord shall guide thee continually.”
God’s plan is definite and specific. Isaiah 30:21 “And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, “This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.” The Lord guides by His Spirit through the Word.
God wants us to enquire about His plan. Psalm 143:8 “Cause me to know the way wherein I should walk.” God wants us to be much in prayer for daily details.
The will of God is always good, acceptable and perfect for that particular believer. Romans 12”2 “…that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”

II. God’s Plan is very Important For Every Life
It is a sad fact that it is possible to miss the plan of God in our selfish and stubborn ways to do our own planning. This is a tragic mistake and to be avoided.
We are incapable of planning our own lives. Jeremiah 10”23 “O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: It is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. “
Only God knows the future and He is the One capable of choosing our vocation or path.

III. God’s Plan always Includes Certain Features
Separation from sin unto holiness. I Thessalonians 4:3 “For this is the will of God, even your sanctification. “God is holy and it is His will that we be like Him.
Prayer and thanksgiving are always God’s will for us. 1Thessalonians 5:17, 18 “Pray without ceasing. IN every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ…
Doing good deeds is always God’s will. 1 Peter 2:15 “For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men.”

IV. Conditions of Guidance
1. Trust in the Lord, Psalm 37:3; Psalm 32:8. Guidance is only for the believer.
God’s plan for the unsaved consists of one point – believe and be saved.
2. Delight thyself also in the Lord, Psalm 37:4 – be eager, willing to know His will and obey.
3. Commit thy way unto the Lord, Psalm 37:5. We must have complete, explicit faith in Him.
4. Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him, Psalm 37:7. God promises to guide, but not necessarily to reveal his will the same day that you request it.
5. Surrender to the will of God. We must be willing to obey His will, Romans 12, 1,2.
6. Separation from the world and all known sin. Romans 12:2 “And be not comformed to this world… that ye may prove… Separation, then, the revealing of His will.
7. Spiritual mindedness, Romans 12:2 “Renewing of your mind”
Your mind in tune with the Lord, His Spirit, His Book, to hear His still, small voice.

V. Methods of Guidance
The question then comes, How does God reveal His will to the seeking individual? The truth is that God is sovereign and does not work according to a set pattern, for He deals with each person differently.
Sometimes God reveals His will through opportunities, circumstances, the wish of parents, the advise of friends, the evaluation of one’s own abilities, personal inclination, the needs of the day and conscience. (Drummond)
1. God often guides through verses of Scriptures that speak loudly to you. Caution: Don’t close your eyes and point at a random verse. God does not act haphazardly.
Saturate yourself with the Word of God that the Lord can bring various portions to your mind. God’s will is never contrary to the Bible. Therefore, know the Word.
2. Inner conviction that is given by the Spirit of God. Romans 8:16 :The Spirit Himself beareth witness with our spirit, “ – that a certain course of action is good, right or wrong.
Caution: Is it the voice of my own desires or is it what God wants me to do?
Acts 13:2 “The Holy Spirit said, “Separate me Barnabas and Saul” The Holy Spirit has been given for the purpose of guidance. John 16:13 “But when He, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth.
3. Circumstances. God may close one door and open another. Nothing happens to the child of God by accident. Each item is planned by the Father.
We accept the circumstances as guideposts in the direction of His leading.
In driving, the red lights are just as important for guidance as the green lights.
In “guidance”, a mitigating circumstance may be a stop light, while we “wait patiently” for Him.
4. God sometimes guides by a vision. Paul in Acts 16:9,10 “Come over into Macedonia and help us.”
5. By putting out a fleece, Judges 6:37-39. Gideon prayed that if certain things happened this way or that, then the Lord’s will would be accordingly.
Caution: Be careful and do not arrange the conditioning circumstances in such a way that our own will would almost inevitably win. Don’t say in a rainy season, “If it rains tomorrow I will go to town; if it doesn’t rain I will stay home, “ when you really want to go to town very badly.

VI George Mueller’s Formula For Finding Guidance

1. Surrender your own will. Have no definite choice in the matter. Be absolutely neutral.
2. Seek the Spirit’s will through God’s Word.
3. Note providential cimcumstances.
4. Pray for guidance
5. Wait on God.

VII F.B. Meye’s for Guidance
“ When the Word of God, the impulse of the Holy Spirit in my heart, and the outward circumstances are in harmony, then I am convinced that I am acting in accordance with the will of God.”

Conclusion
Often guidance is a combination of several factors. You only need light for one step at a time. Obey the light that God has already given you and then He will give you further light. Remember that God wants to give you both the master plan and minute details of your life. Wait patiently on Him and he will reveal them day to day.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Re: Christian Living

Postby crisipicada » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:39 am

This topic is taken from a 100 Bible Lessons by Alban Douglas. Hope this will serve as guidance from those who wanted to do the best in their relationship in finding the right person as their wife or husband.

Hope that you will save a lot of trouble and time and effort, and be the wife or husband to your future partners in life. God bless you all. :D :D :D
crisipicada

Postby cheryz » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:40 pm

once again crisi thank you for this kind of topic.
in my leisure time ill try to read it and its very interesting topic you have and its really help and motivate us to become a good christian for the inspiring and spiritual messages you have post.

Thank you and God Bless us all. :D :D :D
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
cheryz

Postby crisipicada » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:36 pm

Today, many came over the office, and ask for something. They are coming from other parts of Bukidnon. It is good to show kindness to them as Christian, we must love each other not just in words but also in action. May this Christmas and everyday in our lives be Christmas as we live a Christian life. Merry Christmas to all.
crisipicada

Postby angel » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:10 am

christmas is near, 6 days to go before christmas. by giving and sharing to one another is a great achievement as a christian. loving towards other friends, families and people this christmas. forgives and peacefulness towards others is a christian attitude.
angel

Postby cheryz » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:42 am

giving and sharing is one of a symbol of christmas. this christmas maybe i dont have more gifts to be given because i dont have work now i dont have enough money to buy new things to be given to the one i love. but this time i would try make a christmas card to everyone special to me.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
cheryz

Postby lyrehc » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:40 pm

When we say Christian, it means Christ so in Christian living we must live like Christ life when he was here on earth....The Lord was King, Priest and savior... in christmas the 3 wise men give baby Jesus the gift of gold,frankincense and myrrh,...The meaning of the gift Gold symbolizes royalty, frankincense is a perfume or an incense used by priest during that time and the myrrh as anointing oil. Christmas was a reminder that lord give his only son to us to be King, to preach and to die to save us from our sin.
Many was excited of Christmas because of gift, foods and party but one thing we need not forget, its to tank the Lord for Giving us his only son to save us from our sin...may everyone have a blessed Christmas.
lyrehc
lyrehc

Postby m&m » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:32 pm

cheryz wrote:once again crisi thank you for this kind of topic.
in my leisure time ill try to read it and its very interesting topic you have and its really help and motivate us to become a good christian for the inspiring and spiritual messages you have post.

Thank you and God Bless us all. :D :D :D

I am glad that the topic helps you and you are interested to it. It is really a good topic and very inspiring knowing that we must have standard of how we live in this world. We should not let the world carry us like a wind, but have standards to live on. We must let the world know that living a Christian life, is the most joyous, most happy and most different one.
An intimate relationship w/ God must b our highest priority. When U hav right or poor relationship w/Him,out of that relationshp flows everything else in our life. Thus, your relationship to Him determines how you live your life. It all relates to that
m&m

Postby angel » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:24 am

Being a christian living doesnt mean your dont have any shortcomings or obstacle in your life. each of us has a different way of living here on earth we must face whatever circumstances that God given us. it only a test how we handle the trials of God by the grace of God and faith with him we can overcome all of it.
angel

Postby crisipicada » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:17 pm

Everyday is a challenge dor us Christian
.Living in this stressful world is not easy especially when you are not ready to face it. So we all nees strenght and ask through prayer..in times like this we need an.anchor
crisipicada

Next

Return to General Forum