1950s Music

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

1950s Music

Postby Edwin » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:20 am

Carol is four years older than I am, so each of us belongs to a slightly different era. Carol graduated from high school in 1960, so music of her era was 1950s music. Now it seems like there is less difference in our ages than back then. I remember seeing her when I was a little kid, and she was already a big kid, so to speak. I was an eighth grader in the elementary school, and she was graduating from high school. Back then there was no attraction at all; she was just a big girl! We have been down the road a long ways by now; as it will be 45 years the end of August! Anyway we have a younger daughter who really loves us. We were in Walmart, and our daughter saw her looking at some 1950s music, so she bought it for her. Now she is listening to that music. She is not really fond of some of the music, but some of it she really likes, and it is nice for her! When she starts listening to her music whether it be this music or the Gaithers my chance at piano playing is doomed, but that is ok, because I can play the piano most any time I wish, and she no longer objects to my playing the piano as she did before. I think it was a pain for her to listen to me trying to play while I was learning! I was so slow coming out with the notes, and then many times they were wrong notes that I was playing. I think for her it was like listening to someone trying to talk who has speech problems, whether it would be hesitation or studdering. Sometimes when I really mess up and play some really clashing notes, she will yell at me, but she is not mean about it, she just scolds me. She did tell me not long ago that it is a pleasure for her to listen to me play the piano as long as I am playing the right notes! :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Re: 1950s Music

Postby crisipicada » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:15 pm

Been listening Christian music to get rid of stress in life. I love to listen as it give me encouragement and hope about the Christian life and God's promises.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby angel » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:26 am

musics and the lyrics can enlighten you if you have problems,and gives you happiness in times when your sad. it gives you peaceful mind when you listen to it. i love acoustic music.
angel

Postby crisipicada » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:31 pm

I am listening to music by Collin Raye, these songs are love songs. I love the lyrics that the guy is always there for his love one. What a wonderful life to be with someone you love. :D :D
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby cheryz » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:38 pm

its nice to hear the music of carpenters i love the rhythm of the music. its nice to listen every songs that play in our stereo it feels like your in the cradle waggling and you feel asleep when you listen to it. 8-)
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
cheryz

Postby lyrehc » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:09 pm

Something by the beatles

Something in the way she moves
Attracts me like no other lover
Something in the way she woos me
I don't want to leave her now
You know I believe and how

Somewhere in her smile she knows
That I don't need no other lover
Something in her style that shows me

You're asking me will my love grow
I don't know, I don't know
You stick around now, it may show
I don't know, I don't know

Something in the way she knows
And all I have to do is think of her
Something in the things she shows me

i like this song, i like this lyrec, i hope someone will sing this for me one day :D :D
lyrehc
lyrehc

Postby angel » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:16 pm

i know lyrech someday someone special will sing it to you, i pray with you.

i love to listen to christmas songs now, it nice to listen to it. i can see children caroling every house to house to sing christmas carol. :D
angel

Postby cheryz » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:09 pm

while christmas is near some dj's play christmas songs, lately i heard of it, it make me sing together with the music plays.every night children christmas carolers pass by in our house, i think every night they drop by because their faces is familiar to but still enjoy with them while there singing. it makes me smile eventhough they not as good as you want to be. :lol:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
cheryz

Return to General Forum