What was your day like?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: What was your day like?

Postby red » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:09 pm

Chas wrote:You cannot beat a Christmas present in Stockings ;)

IHmm yes i agree with you Chas...imagine that my stocking is empty? lol..how santa forget me on this day..hehe....anyway, I will go online shopping for myself. :D
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby jadegil6 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:38 pm

Quiet day for me..I just stayed home and rested. I will spend tomorrow with my daughter. Having time with her is the best gift I could get. She did get me a DVD of collected movies with John Wayne. Most are Westerns, which she knows are my favorite. My favorite Westerns are the three-part made-for-tv series called "Lonesome Dove". If you have never seen it, I highly recommend it.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby angel » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:36 pm

been busy lately... my internet connection got a problem so i have to call to costumer service i waited for 24hrs to resume. :( but at the same time i keep my self busy window shopping at the mall :lol:
angel

Postby cheryz » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:30 am

spending time with my family....eating, laughing, shouting :lol: i love to spend time with them.. having a great day!
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
cheryz

Postby angel » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:39 pm

advance happy new year to all! :D hows everyone? busy?
ive been very busy too! too many reports to be finish and im not yet done.grrr... anyway have a nice day to all. :D
angel

Postby Chas » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:41 am

The sun is out, but hangs low in the sky at this time of year, hiding amongst the tops of the trees. It is a frosty morning and the grass glistens white in the middle of the lawn, whilst near the edges the inherent warmth in the shrubs has kept the frost at bay. Where the sun catches the tops of the shrubs the dew glistens and sparkles as if diamonds had been sprinkled over the top.

The local wildlife was busy trying to find food. A woodpecker attacked the lump of suet and seeds hanging in the Lilac tree. A pheasant, escaping from the dangers of the nearby fields, is digging up worms. A squirrel is dashing about, finding its stores of buried food, nibbling its nuts. A last minute feeding frenzy before it starts its hibernation to hide from the harsher weather we will no doubt get in the coming months.

This is the scene that greets me as I relax over a late breakfast. Warm and cosy in my kitchen, a steaming cup of coffee clasped in my hands. I enjoy the peace and quiet. You could hear a pin drop, the only sound the distant burble of the hot water in the heating system. Sometimes nature can be harsh, as experienced by those unfortunates in the path of Yolanda, but mother nature also provides great beauty, a feast for the eyes that makes you happy to be alive.

PC290070.JPG
PC290070.JPG (243 KiB) Viewed 9440 times

PC290068.JPG
PC290068.JPG (176.69 KiB) Viewed 9440 times

PC290085.JPG
PC290085.JPG (247.38 KiB) Viewed 9440 times
Chas

Postby angel » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:52 pm

hows your new year everyone? mine its been wonderful.... feeling great... :D
angel

Postby mystic » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:23 am

Oh, it's really a busy new year. Running-working, working-running... uh...
Well, it is a good start if I am so busy :D :D :D :D
"The real opposite of love is not hate, but indifference" (Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz)
mystic

Postby jadegil6 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:33 pm

Part of your time has been spent helping manage the forum and also the new website. Thank you for all of the time you have spent in doing both.

I have been busy working on the same construction project I have been on for the past 2 months. I have added several new profiles on jaderune this week after work, and been answering emails. My 2 adopted kids who are now grown have been writing this week,. They both live in Central America. Also my daughter who lives in North Texas has been telling me her problems, and asking my advice. I have been dealing with carpal tunnel syndrome for a long time, and this past few weeks it has gotten much worse. Many nights, I have trouble getting more than a few hours of sleep because of the intense pain. I realize that the construction work I do is not helping this condition, but it is what I do to earn a living, and I need the income, so I must persevere.
There are some lighter moments as well this week because the college football Bowl Games are all being played, and I do enjoy watching these games. By next Monday, all of the college games will be over until next season (September), and then maybe I will be able to devote more time to promoting the new website.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby cheryz » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:10 am

happy new year to all! :D i wish more good health to all of us....
my christmas and new year was so happy being together with the one i love, my family and reconciliation. :D
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
cheryz

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum