What was your day like?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: What was your day like?

Postby jadegil6 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:56 pm

crisipicada wrote:It has been a busy day for me since the business one stop shop for business licensing has been started since January 2. I am so happy that so far there has been no short of fire code fees collection and so i am glad that the Lord guides me always. It is almost half a million that has been collected until today and already deposited in the bank.

Glad to see you are back, crisipicada. I am glad that your accounting has all added up, and that you did not come up short. But it is not surprising that all the numbers add up since you do have a Master's Degree in Mathematics. :D
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby red » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:04 am

jadegil6 wrote:
red wrote:I can imagine the cold water. :D It is good day today here and it might snow tomorrow. I usually don't believe the prediction of the weather on smartphone. Went to have our girls checked on their eyes and they were prescribed for glasses but just for reading, computer use and some. Yesterday was exciting had the chance to watch seahawks playing. I can't believe i am now following football. My husband influenced me on this.

We are getting cold weather down here in Texas, too. It may either snow tonight, or we will have an ice storm. I prefer the snow because ice storms are too dangerous and threaten loss of electric power.
Glad that your hubby has influenced you to start liking American football. There is only 2 games left this year...the Super Bowl, and the Pro Bowl. Very few watch the Pro Bowl because nobody cares who wins, but there will be many millions of people watching the Super Bowl. I predict that Denver Broncos will beat Seattle Seahawks, but I will be rooting for the Seahawks. The media is calling this the Pot Bowl because the two teams that are playing are from states that have recently legalized marijuana (called pot).

I prefer snow as well. Not safe to drive on road with black ice, hail or sleet. Wind chills worsen the temperature too. Tomorrow is going to be wintry mix and single digits again next week for temperature. The delayed classes and no classes really hurting us a lot but fun for the kids.
I am personally against the legality of marijuana because it can be abused even same sex marriages glad our state here is not allowing it. We can expect worse of america with the legality of marijuana for some states like maybe more crimes. :( Anyway, looking forward for superbowl. My husband said "wow you are really an american now you even sing along those advertisements on tv and cheering the games". Have no choice but to get along he owns the tv when it is weekends.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby jadegil6 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:43 pm

A lot of people watch the Super Bowl just to see the commercials and the halftime show. They have finally brought in some more modern groups this year, instead of choosing old-timers like Aerosmith, Madonna, or Tom Petty, which are acts they have used in the recent past. This years bands will be Bruno Mars and the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
We had black ice on the roads last night, and many, many accidents. I was smart enough to stay home. We also had snowfall overnight, and I woke up to a white landscape. It lasted until mid-afternoon when the sun came out, temperatures warmed to above freezing, and most of it melted. It is rare that we get snow here.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby red » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:04 pm

Snow showers now and it is sticking on ground. Our girls can't wait for snow sliding. Our yard at side of house little bit slope so it is a really good spot for snow sliding. They had it last year, snow lasted for couple of days. It was fun for them. This morning we were talking about Philippines of how we enjoyed the beaches and open door swimming pools. Our older girl gets frustrated every time she sees beaches posted on facebook by our relatives. She said "so unfair, I am here and they are enjoying the beach in CDO" Then the younger one said " but it always typhoon and flooding there". She is scared of the storms there. The older one desires to live in Phils because of the malls and beaches. She loves ocean a lot. That she wanted to be a lifeguard on beach someday. She's dreaming of owning her own beach. Anyways, not bad to dream it is free. ;)
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby jadegil6 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:12 am

I lived my first 9 years in Oklahoma City, and we had snow several times each year. I remember having a snow sled that we all played on, and finding a hill to slide down was always lots of fun. Or we would take turns pushing each other around on it. We also had fun having snowball fights. Kids can usually find a way to have some fun in the snow.
We don't get much snow here in Central Texas...maybe once a year, and it usually isn't much. We had some last week on Thursday and Friday, and this morning we had precipitation that froze as soon as it hit the ground, so everything is covered in ice. There is one place in town that has a very steep hill, and when there is ice or snow, then kids of all ages go there to slide down the hill. Very few have sleds, so they improvise using cardboard or even trash can lids.
Last news I saw this morning, there had already been over 100 auto accidents around town. Schools are closed because of the dangers of travel, and I can't work on my construction project because of the ice. I need some time off anyway because I fell 2 weeks ago, and seriously injured my knee. I have had a hard time walking since then, and when I do work, I stay mostly around the saw, and do all of the cutting, and let my helper do the climbing, etc. One of these days, I will officially retire...sure am looking forward to that day. :)
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby Smiley » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:54 am

We are having an old fashioned winter here,not as much fun as it seemed to be when I was a kid. There is a river here that separates Canada and the US,it is over a mile wide and flows at a constant rate of several miles an hour. It frozen from shore to shore the other day,not firm enough to cross over on but still a strange sight to see snowdrifts in the middle of the river. I`m ready for some summer ;)
Smiley

Postby Smiley » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:00 pm

Having just said that I am ready for some summer,I am now heading down to register for some evening classes to update my credentials in order to head to northern Alberta for a year or two in the oil camps. It will be pretty much goodbye to summer for me. :cry:
Smiley

Postby cheryz » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:01 pm

red wrote:Snow showers now and it is sticking on ground. Our girls can't wait for snow sliding. Our yard at side of house little bit slope so it is a really good spot for snow sliding. They had it last year, snow lasted for couple of days. It was fun for them. This morning we were talking about Philippines of how we enjoyed the beaches and open door swimming pools. Our older girl gets frustrated every time she sees beaches posted on facebook by our relatives. She said "so unfair, I am here and they are enjoying the beach in CDO" Then the younger one said " but it always typhoon and flooding there". She is scared of the storms there. The older one desires to live in Phils because of the malls and beaches. She loves ocean a lot. That she wanted to be a lifeguard on beach someday. She's dreaming of owning her own beach. Anyways, not bad to dream it is free. ;)

when i was young i ask my parents why there is no snow here...they only laugh at me because ive seen it in tv and ask about it, they told me that when you grew up you would know that. :lol: now i know :D but still i hope one day i can see a snow :D .
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
cheryz

Postby cheryz » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:51 am

time comes fast its February love month again... :D anyone has a date?

so busy taking care with my precious baby... it summer time the weather here so hot last month its rainy and cold, now super hot grrrr...
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
cheryz

Postby jadegil6 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:52 pm

I think you would need to travel north to Japan or Korea to find snow anywhere near you.
I have had time off because of the bad weather here, and we are expecting ice storms for 4 out of the next 6 days (Thur, Fri, Mon, & Tues) It may get up to 70 on Saturday. lol We have strange weather patterns here this winter, and it looks like we might have super cold for a few days, and then some warm temps, and cold again, alternatiing for the rest of February.
I heard from my daughter today and also from my adopted daughter in Honduras. The one in Honduras has 3 kids, and she is super poor. I have to send her some money to pay for her kids school because both she and her husband have no work. My daughter in Texas is a student, and I paid for her college tuition before she started college. But they had one clause in the contract that I did not see until a few days ago, and that is only 8 semesters of fees will be paid. She has been going part time, and working part time, and the semester that started last week makes her 8th semester, so they contract will no longer pay student fees. They will contiue to pay tuition, which is the biggest cost, for a total of 120 college hours. Most courses use 3 hours per semester.
I sent her an email today telling her about the clause that says the contract will only pay for 8 semesters, and apparently she thought it also meant tuition, so now she is officially freaked out. She thinks she won't be able to finish school because of the cost, and each class hour costs $325.00, or $975 for one three-hour class. (she emailed me). I have been trying to reach her, but haven't been able to, so I can put her mind at ease. I have emailed her twice about it, so I hope she reads my mail before she cries too much. Student fees are somewhere between $100 to $150 per semester, and tuition for 12 hours run $3,900. So she thinks she has to pay over $4,000 per semester to continue school, but in reality she only has to pay $100 to $150.
Pobrecita mi hija :(

(When I say, "she pays", what is really meant is that Daddy pays) :lol:
jadegil6
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum