about health problems

Moderator: youngj

about health problems

Postby cheryz » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:08 am

Heatstroke: First aid

Heatstroke is the most severe of heat-related problems, after heat cramps and heat exhaustion. Heatstroke often results from exercise or heavy work in hot environments combined with inadequate fluid intake.

Young children, older adults, people who are obese and people born with an impaired ability to sweat are at high risk of heatstroke. Other risk factors include dehydration, alcohol use, cardiovascular disease and certain medications.

What makes heatstroke severe and potentially life-threatening is that the body's normal mechanisms for dealing with heat stress, such as sweating and temperature control, become inadequate. The main sign of heatstroke is a markedly elevated body temperature — generally greater than 104 F (40 C) — with changes in mental status ranging from personality changes to confusion and coma. Skin may be hot and dry — although if heatstroke is caused by exertion, the skin may be moist.

Other signs and symptoms may include:

Rapid heartbeat
Rapid and shallow breathing
Elevated or lowered blood pressure
Cessation of sweating
Irritability, confusion or unconsciousness
Feeling dizzy or lightheaded
Headache
Nausea
Fainting, which may be the first sign in older adults

If you suspect heatstroke:

Move the person out of the sun and into a shady or air-conditioned space.
Call 911 or emergency medical help.
Cool the person by covering with damp sheets or by spraying with cool water. Direct air onto the person with a fan or newspaper.
Have the person drink cool water or other nonalcoholic beverage without caffeine, if he or she is able.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
cheryz

Re: about health problems

Postby angel » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:04 am

this is the most common health problems during summer time so be careful dont go out when the sun is up or when the time from 10am- 4pm philippine time because its really scarry of the hot of the sun its not good for us.
angel

Postby wayne208 » Sun May 04, 2014 2:20 am

I have seen people walk around in the Hottest hours . Some are trying for that Perfect Tan and Some are just unaware of how Short a time it takes to get Heat Stroke or a Severe Sunburn . I have seen people warn people about the dangers but Some People will not listen to anyone . Some end up having to go to the Hospital others have their Vacation wrecked by the Heat . Me I live in a warm Place and I am use to the Sun and Smart enough to go inside and turn on the Aircon when I need it . The hottest temperature I have ever been in was 120 degrees a couple of times . The only thing to drink in that kind of Heat is Cool Water .
wayne208

Postby cheryz » Sun May 04, 2014 2:33 am

thats right wayne. i used to drink 8 or more glasses a day. the heat feel that i want more water to drink super thirsty. :D
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
cheryz

Return to All We Need Is LOVE!