would it be possible for ex lovers to be friends?

Moderator: youngj

Re: would it be possible for ex lovers to be friends?

Postby Edwin » Sat May 26, 2012 11:44 pm

tess wrote:yeah i thought too... but for me if i treat my ex nicely its not that i want something from him but also because he has been part of my life. and i wanna treasure that friendship.

"For me if I have unsuccessful relationship, even though I was really hurt by him I still want to be friend with that ex lover.. But I don't understand why he don't like it when we part ways for good and no bitterness.." quote= tess

This can be somewhat complicated, and everyone sees this differently. From what I have seen there seems to be more animosity early on when the break up is fresh. Usually there is a lot of unhappiness for what ever reason that causes the breakup. I have seen some separated couples become friends later, even after a lot of bitterness. Tess, I can understand your thoughts that you want to treasure the friendship that you had. It sounds like your ex doesn't understand things the way you do. You want to be sentimental, it seems, and your ex doesn't see it exactly that way. I hope for the sake of old times, that you can get together with each other without troubled feelings! :D :D :D :D

My cousin married pretty much out of high school. They had two daughters, and a very stormy short marriage. There was some violence involved. It is usually the male that is violent to the female, but in this case the female was abusive. Anyway they parted ways. My cousin got remarried, and had a few years with his second wife. She had a stroke, became handicapped, confined to a wheel chair, and moved with her daughter for her to take care of the mother. My cousin got really sick and died. At the funeral the first wife got up to talk at the funeral, and I think some of our relatives wanted to die! She started out by saying that she knew that no one there wanted her to talk, but she was going to say what was on her mind, and she did, much to the horror of the people in attendance. After the funeral the second wife went home and died shortly after. Now the first wife, and the two daughters are all that remain of that family. It was a very sad ending. I think that is why our daughter said that she didn't like it when they opened up the funeral for anyone to talk and comment who wanted to do that! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Edwin

Postby cheryz » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:46 am

definitely yes for me, my ex lover and i still friends. we decide to be friends after we broke up but then when he come back abroad (where he works) he still message me and ask me hows life! im happy to know we move on after we broke up. now we dont communicate we have different path and maybe someday i know if we bump each other we could smile and say hows life going on! :)
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
cheryz

Postby angel » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:52 pm

In most relationships, the time to say goodbye usually arrives at one point or another — unless you intend to walk down the aisle, of course (and even then...). With your ex, you've shared memories that will either make you laugh or cry, and it's time to take your experiences, put them in your back pocket and move on. But somewhere on the road of parting ways couples feel the need to promise to stay friends — which ultimately leads to more broken promises.

So, can you ever be friends with your ex? Does it have to be all-or-nothing?

maybe in different kind of situation, in my opinion NO! i dont want because its useless you can say were friends but in the end one day you bump each other then the situation is you see each other but you will ignore one another!thats my point because i been in there.
angel

Postby cheryz » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:09 am

Leaving the past behind is hard enough, and you don't want part of your past still programmed in your cell phone. Although it's easier for the dumper, recovering from a breakup is still a hard thing to do since it means being single again, getting back into the dating scene and no longer making that daily goodnight call you and your ex used to share.

But having that person lingering in your life as a constant reminder makes it even harder to move on with your life, meet new people and turn a fresh page. It's almost like keeping one foot in the past, and another struggling to make it back into the pickup scene.

It also might be a better idea to leave things with pleasant memories of the other person, rather than drag the potentially doomed relationship through the mud.

In a perfect world, the ideal would be for exes to succeed at being friends, but in one where bitterness, jealousy, passion, and human nature exceed reasoning and rational thought, it's impossible. Unless the two of you were the best of friends before, both broke up on the same terms in a perfectly mutual breakup, both have no qualms about either of you seeing new people, and have both instilled a policy of total honesty, you're better to leave the friendship behind... along with the memories.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
cheryz

Postby m&m » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:50 pm

Well, there are stories that it did happened. They have been into relationship and later on be friends. That would be good. As Christian, it is important that we maintain relationship even in friendship. In fact, it is better to be friends, because no struggle, no worries, and one could be true and be a close friend. I would love that too. For some, it would be hard, but it is just the feeling we felt, and in due time, we will be able to erase that feeling, and be friends.
An intimate relationship w/ God must b our highest priority. When U hav right or poor relationship w/Him,out of that relationshp flows everything else in our life. Thus, your relationship to Him determines how you live your life. It all relates to that
m&m

Postby cheryz » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:00 pm

angel wrote:In most relationships, the time to say goodbye usually arrives at one point or another — unless you intend to walk down the aisle, of course (and even then...). With your ex, you've shared memories that will either make you laugh or cry, and it's time to take your experiences, put them in your back pocket and move on. But somewhere on the road of parting ways couples feel the need to promise to stay friends — which ultimately leads to more broken promises.

So, can you ever be friends with your ex? Does it have to be all-or-nothing?

maybe in different kind of situation, in my opinion NO! i dont want because its useless you can say were friends but in the end one day you bump each other then the situation is you see each other but you will ignore one another!thats my point because i been in there.

it depends on both of you angel if you both agree to be friends thats good and move on, but if theres hatred in your heart you cant be friends with your lover, i understand your side :) but in the end you will realize that life is to short to struggle some things you wanted for, its better to move on with your life now :)
cheryz

Postby wayne208 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:52 pm

I am friends with a Ex G/F of mine .. But Her Husband does Not really Care for me .. I cannot blame him as We dated for a very long Time . I would not be happy if a Lady I was with was Calling Her Ex all the time .
wayne208

Postby Joh » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:13 am

Hello everyone,

I guess it depends on the person? There are those who are okay with being friends in the end, while there are those who are not comfortable to talk with their ex after they broke up and moved on.
Joh

Postby cheryz » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:08 am

wayne208 wrote:I am friends with a Ex G/F of mine .. But Her Husband does Not really Care for me .. I cannot blame him as We dated for a very long Time . I would not be happy if a Lady I was with was Calling Her Ex all the time .

thats nice wayne... its nice to know that there is a true man to have there ex's would be friends.. coz as far as i know some exes are we can say they friends again but not as really good that they been before :) hope i can read a comment here that they are good friends even there have both boyfriend/girlfriend too.
cheryz

Postby wayne208 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:18 pm

Cheryz .. Me and this Lady were Friends before We started Dating . And Now We are Just Friends again . Cheryz I have had 1 ex-G/F name one of her Kids with The same First Name as Mine .She is a Great Lady and her Husband is a Good Man. . We were all in the same Church Group and at Times it was Kinda Awkward ..
wayne208

PreviousNext

Return to Friends