Eternal love

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Eternal love

Postby mystic » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:40 am

We all have many doubts, but I would like to bring here a witness that touched me deeply inside many years ago and inspired me since then. It happened to the brother of a Rabbi with whom we shared a translation project of a religious book.

I will leave it at his words: "It all started on a hot summer day in 2001 when a young man carrying a guitar case walked into a crowded Jerusalem restaurant and detonated a bomb, killing himself and 27 other people. One of them was my wife, Shoshana, who was pregnant with our first child. I had been the happiest man in the world married to the most wonderful woman in the world. We had just moved into a new home and our heads were filled with wonderful dreams. Then in an instant I became the loneliest man in the world. I lived in fear that terrorists would track me down and kill me and perhaps kill hundreds of people in the United States as they had my wife and my unborn child."

Sparing all the subsequent details, he says: "On January 1, 2002, four months after Shoshana’s murder, I met with a group of friends in my community to discuss what we could do to make the world a better place. We decided to start a daily email newsletter to offer readers stories of kindness. We called the newsletter A Daily Dose of Kindness and our organization Partners in Kindness."

The outcome of his tragedy is that he devoted himself to spread "the culture of kindness", writing a newsletter, making seminars, and trying to change people's life and attitude. He sanctifies his love for her beloved and his unborn child everyday in this way... I think this is a real demonstration of eternal love and godly love.

In the years, he collected a number of worderful stories from all over the world and even wrote a very touching book. His newsletter became viral on the internet and changed the life of many.

Please, share your stories about eternal love.
"The real opposite of love is not hate, but indifference" (Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz)
mystic

Re: Eternal love

Postby mystic » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:24 pm

From Turandot.

Do not cry, Liù,
if in a faraway day
I have smiled at you.
For that smile,
my sweet girl,
listen to me:
The lord of yours
will be, tomorrow
maybe, alone in the world.
Do not leave him...
carry him with you.
Of the exile,
sweeten for him the road.
This... this...
oh my poor Liù
to your little heart
that does not fall,
pray for the one
who does not smile anymore!

It makes me think that, until one does not have his/her other half, he/she is in a state of "exile". When the one man woman condition is rebuilt, then the exile ceases. Maybe it is this the Garden of Eden of which we can partake on earth. And also, one's other half is one's smile.
"The real opposite of love is not hate, but indifference" (Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz)
mystic

Postby Edwin » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:08 am

Eternal love speaks of God's love. God's love is eternal. Our love should be forever as well. It is sad that so many people love for a time, and then hate so vehemently after that for a period of years, and sometimes forever. I never could understand that how two people could love each other enough to exchange wedding vows, and then within a short period of time they are hating and trying to do each other damage. :( :(
Edwin

Postby m&m » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:54 am

Human are changeable. We cannot rely to someone, honestly. Even to myself, every day I need the grace of God to continue loving people. Human nature is sinner. Only the Lord can give us such love of eternity.
An intimate relationship w/ God must b our highest priority. When U hav right or poor relationship w/Him,out of that relationshp flows everything else in our life. Thus, your relationship to Him determines how you live your life. It all relates to that
m&m

Postby angel » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:10 am

m&m wrote:Human are changeable. We cannot rely to someone, honestly. Even to myself, every day I need the grace of God to continue loving people. Human nature is sinner. Only the Lord can give us such love of eternity.

eternal love you can compare it with movie story something in cartoon.. i dont believe in it, if that happens to me then i could say that... all i know through faith in God and God can give us eternal love.
angel

Postby purex » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:09 am

I read stories about marriage that last for a life time. One thing i have learned is that, it is a lot of works. It needs maturity and most of all, I do believe that in any relationship, it needs understanding and patience and humbleness. One must know how to respond things. I know, I lack in this because I try to live a life that is pleasing to the Lord. And when someone will cheat or lie to me, it is really hard for me to accept. To accept in the sense that, someone has not been true to you. Well, we someone says, he or she has his own reasons. And the worst thing is that, when our ego is being hurt, it is very hard to accept it. Like, someone's belief or feelings.

The best thing to do is to love someone anyway. ANd who knows someone will reciprocate you :D :D :D :D :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
Wn God knows yor READY 4 D rsponsibility of comitment,He'l reveal D ryt prson undr Hs tym& ryt circumstnces.Wait patiently,Dont waste Ur tym srching& wshing.Grow& b redy &yo'l see.God wl giv U a lov story far betr than U cud ever dreamed
purex

Postby cheryz » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:57 am

purex wrote:I read stories about marriage that last for a life time. One thing i have learned is that, it is a lot of works. It needs maturity and most of all, I do believe that in any relationship, it needs understanding and patience and humbleness. One must know how to respond things. I know, I lack in this because I try to live a life that is pleasing to the Lord. And when someone will cheat or lie to me, it is really hard for me to accept. To accept in the sense that, someone has not been true to you. Well, we someone says, he or she has his own reasons. And the worst thing is that, when our ego is being hurt, it is very hard to accept it. Like, someone's belief or feelings.

The best thing to do is to love someone anyway. ANd who knows someone will reciprocate you :D :D :D :D :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

cheating is really hard to forgive because you will lose the trust to one another. and i believe that it hard to get the back the trust to someone thats hurts you most. :(
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
cheryz

Return to General Forum