The Guidance of the Lord

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: The Guidance of the Lord

Postby crisipicada » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:23 pm

As we start our day, the Lord reminds us, to seek Him first. In Romans 6:33, "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and ALL these things shall be added unto you"/

As we reflect on this verse, we are reminded that seeking God first in our lives, will pour out His blessing to us, and ALL the things we desire will be ADDED. The secret in life, to be happy and fulfillment is to seek Him first. Did you seek Him first today?

No matter what worries we have, the Lord knows our feelings and He desire to give us joy despite feeling bad. Be happy knowing that we have the Lord who cares and loves us so much. Have a good day to all.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Re: The Guidance of the Lord

Postby m&m » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:42 pm

crisipicada wrote:The Guidance of the Lord.

We choose our friends, plan our future, choose our college degree, decide what things to do to make a living, etc. Of all these things, we desire to have a successful life. A life that has a sense of direction, a life that is full of love , peace and joy.

When I was young, I remember it vividly, I desire to uplift my status in life, that someday life could be a lot easier, to be able to help my family, and relatives, to succeed in my studies - to land a stable job, to be able to send my siblings and relatives to school. Later on, as years passed, I desire to find a faithful, loving, responsible future partner in life to be my husband. As I grow in my spiritual life, God placed in my heart to share the love of God, the gift of salvation though faith in Christ.

But, HOW THE LORD GUIDE US? While I live life on earth, making decisions are hard to make. Many of us want to make decisions that lead us to success and not failure. While we journey on earth, we tend to own our lives, which is actually are not and live our lives as we want to, and use our energy, intelligence, and other resources to enjoy our temporary stay. Sometimes, we make wrong decisions – decide in our own understanding, and make wrong choices, later on wish to start all over again.
But the Bible is clear that GOD GUIDES US. In Isaiah 58:11, reads, “And the Lord shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones and thou shalt be life a watered garden, and life a spring of water, whose water fail not.
Do you have specific or major decisions in life that needs guidance? And that decision you will affect your present and future? For me, one thing that will affect my whole life is the decision to find a life time partner in life. I believe God uses people to give us guidance. At school, we have our teachers to instruct us and learn knowledge; At work, we have our co-worker or seniors to be with to help us at work; At home, we have our parents so with our elder sisters and brothers, who gives us wisdom, instructions and reminders; At church, God uses Pastors, Sunday School Teachers, Elders, to give us advice, and a lot of learning about life. We should learn from them, if their instructions do not contradicts God’s wisdom, after all, that what God wants as He leads.

In John 10: 27, Jesus said, “My sheep hear my voice and I know them, and they follow me. When we pray, our soul speaks to God; when we read the word of God – the Bible, God is talking to us. Do we really have time to devote reading the word of God? Do we enjoy reading His word? Do we enjoy what He says? Do we listen and take hid on His instructions? Let us evaluate our relationship with God how intimate it is.

One thing I realized that God knows everything – He knows what we do, what we think, what we plan in the future, what are our longings. But we must realize that God knows what our future would be. He knows everything, indeed. Not only He knows but He sees. God, not only guides us through His word, but GOD GUIDES US WITH HIS EYES. Do you realize that God is always looking on us? Like our dearly earthly father, he sees to it that we do the right thing and make our path in accordance to His eyes what he wants for us. In Psalms 32”8 says, “I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go. I will guide thee with mine eye. Did you know that God is faithful even we are not? How many times we fail God? How many times we lift our hearts to other things than to love Him more, but indeed He stays faithful. What a wonderful father we have!!! He promised us that He will keep us from the evil. 2 Thessalonians 3:3, “But the Lord is faithful, who shall establish you, and keep you from evil. THUS, GOD GUIDES US WITH HIS EYES.
In Psalms 73:24a reads, Thou shalt guide us with thy counsel. The Book of Proverbs in the Bible, gives us full of reminders, cautions, and instructions in living a full of blessing. The secret of blessings is only in obedience to the word of God. If we obey, blessing. We disobey, curse. That’s life simple way of choosing what is blessing and not. Think about what do you desire in life that that you have not achieved? Think about the life you want to have five (5) or ten (10) years from now? For those of us who lives in penury, we wish and desire to have a better life in the near future.

But did you know that there are more than riches or things in life we could wish for of greatest value? Proverbs 4:7a and Proverbs 3:15 says, “For wisdom is the principal thing, therefore get wisdom, for wisdom is far better than rubies and all that you may desire may not be compared to it.” Therefore, desire wisdom, like King Solomon, he has everything – gold, power, horses, wives and concubines, but he said, wisdom is the principal thing! Why? Through wisdom, you might right choices, and will keep you from what is wrong. What a wonderful life could be full of wisdom from God. Let us desire it!
But how can we have wisdom? “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.” Fearing God means being aware of His presence with you everywhere, hating evil and doing in respect and love for God as your instructor and corrector.

And what wisdom can do to us? Proverbs 9:11, “For by me (wisdom) thy days shall multiplied and thy years of thy life shall be increased.” Thus, the secret of long life is to gain wisdom. Isn’t everyone desire a long life? Yes, of course! We want to have long life to spend life with someone we love and enjoy the moments God has given us. Thus, GOD GUIDES US WITH HIS EYES.

In John 10:4, “ And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.” Wherever we go, whatever we do, God’s presence is always with us. That is what we Christian must be grateful to. Thus, GOD GUIDES US WITH HIS PRESENCE.

We know so much about how the Lord guides us. But where will He lead us. God is the God of truth. The truth will always set us free. Many of us are now in the bondage of sin, struggling within their own selves. Do you desire to be set free with the life’s struggles? Do we desire to be set free with the sin of life that we constantly battle everyday? God is the God of truth and the truth shall set us free. Thus, GOD GUIDES US INTO THE PATH OF TRUTH.

Lin Like 1:79 says, “To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace. Thus, GOD GUIDES US INTO THE PATH OF PEACE. Do you desire PEACE? Only Christ can give us peace.

BUT HOW LONG CAN GOD GUIDE US?
God’s guidance will never stop, it has not ending, and is not limited. God will always guide us CONTINUALLY (Isaiah 58:11) It is for everyone who ask for it and for those who believe in Him.

Do you desire God’s guidance in life? Do we have some choices in life that hardly decide what to do? Do we have some concerns that bother us if that would be right thing to do or not? Are we confuse with something that until now makes you struggling?

We will never regret God’s guidance!!!! Why? Because He is all knowing, He is all powerful, He is all present with us, He is full of wisdom, He knows what is best for us!!!

If we want to be guided, here is the condition, God said, If you trust me, I will direct your life, I will direct your path! Proverbs 3:5-6, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy path.

As human being, we are always if not almost, drift to the wrong way especially when we have no basis of our action, could be right or wrong. Let us be guided by the Lord in our way.
An intimate relationship w/ God must b our highest priority. When U hav right or poor relationship w/Him,out of that relationshp flows everything else in our life. Thus, your relationship to Him determines how you live your life. It all relates to that
m&m

Previous

Return to General Forum