Inspiring quotes

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Inspiring quotes

Postby mystic » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:36 am

I would like to start a thread of inspiring quotes from the Bible, where everybody can put what is inspiring to them.

2 Timothy 2:11-13

11 Here is a trustworthy saying:

If we died with him,
we will also live with him;
12 if we endure,
we will also reign with him.
If we disown him,
he will also disown us;
13 if we are faithless,
he remains faithful,
for he cannot disown himself.
"The real opposite of love is not hate, but indifference" (Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz)
mystic

Re: Inspiring quotes

Postby m&m » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:06 pm

If we to discover the will of God, it begins with the word of God. This is we find the heart of God. This is how we live day by day in making decisions. If we neglect the word of God, we are out of the will of God. There are so many voices around on how we do and what to do. But the Lord will lead us to verses to His word on what His will for our lives. As Proverbs 3:4-5, as the anchor of our lives, reads, "trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all your way acknowledge Him and He will direct thy path".
An intimate relationship w/ God must b our highest priority. When U hav right or poor relationship w/Him,out of that relationshp flows everything else in our life. Thus, your relationship to Him determines how you live your life. It all relates to that
m&m

Postby wayne208 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:28 pm

I agree M&M I always think Of Job and The Bad advice He was given by some People . But Job Stayed true to God and Was Greatly Rewarded for dong so .
wayne208

Postby crisipicada » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:27 pm

It is refreshing to d
start our day talking to Godin prayer. Let us make it a priority to seek His face in prayer and devotion to His word. Say a prayer at heart, "Lord, as I face the day's challenge, help me to be able to do what you want me to accomplish for the day. I commit to you my life and give me right decisions and right choices. Help me to do things that gloridy your name not mine. Help me to show your love through me and make me a blessing to others in words, in actions and in ways I portray to them. May Jesus Christ's love pour out in my heart so He may help me give it to others who needed to be loved, encourage and sthrengthen. Amen
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby mystic » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:24 am

"They speak empty words and make false promises" (Hosea 10:4)

"Those who cling to worthless idols turn away from God’s love for them" (Jonah 2:8)

"Turn away my eyes from looking at worthless things,
And revive me in Your way.
Establish Your word to Your servant,
Who is devoted to fearing You" (Psalm 119:37-38)
"The real opposite of love is not hate, but indifference" (Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz)
mystic

Postby crisipicada » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:51 pm

We just need to wait and see what the Lord has for us, no sense in jumping ahead of His plan. We can dream and plan all we want but we must not be to busy to listen and obey. We need to just rest in the Lord and just let it happen we cannot always plan out the events of life.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby lyrehc » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:15 pm

You need to learn how to select your thoughts just the same way you select your clothes every day. This is a power you can cultivate. If you want to control things in your life so bad, work on the mind. That's the only thing you should be trying to control.
lyrehc
lyrehc

Postby cheryz » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:12 am

Isaiah 40:28-31
28 Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
cheryz

Postby angel » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:56 am

Romans 8:38-39
38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
angel

Postby lyrehc » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:10 am

“People don’t change unless they have a reason to. And sometimes it takes something traumatic or the fear of loss to induce that type of change. People don’t always change because they want to, they change because they have to.” :D :D :D
lyrehc
lyrehc

Next

Return to General Forum