Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: THE MAN RULES

Postby crisipicada » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:59 pm

NativeAmerican wrote:ok..
the guys may get upset with me a lil bit

the husband may rule the house
but the wife holds the purse

It depends to both couple. But most of the Filipinos, the wife budget and save some amount.
But still both couple talk how they will spend money, like what to buy as needed.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:10 pm

crisipicada wrote:
NativeAmerican wrote:ok..
the guys may get upset with me a lil bit

the husband may rule the house
but the wife holds the purse

It depends to both couple. But most of the Filipinos, the wife budget and save some amount.
But still both couple talk how they will spend money, like what to buy as needed.

Carol and I have done that both ways. Years ago we would both use the check book and spend the money, sometimes too much! Carol had a tendency not to understand how many small amounts adds up to a large total, and then you are out of money. When Carol started working she got her own checking account, and she would do what she wanted with her money, and I would try to keep the bills paid with mine. I also tried to hold as tight as was reasonable so that there would be enough money on an ongoing basis. Our two identical twin daughters control the money. Their husbands bring the money home to them, and they do the bugeting and spending. They figure out what they can afford to spend. Their husbands do not argue with them about it because I think they understand it is in their best interest as the girls are good with bugeting and spending to take care of the money.
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:18 pm

I suggest to read the book "wealth within your reach". It speaks about how important to save certain amount you earned. I forgot the author but it influence me a lot. I read that book last month when my comcade in the government service let me read it. In addition, the best asset that you must care of is your health. When you are not capable of doing for a living due to health problem, then in no case you can't make a living. It doesnt matter how much you earned but it counts much your lifestyle. Having millions does not mean being wealthy, the author added. Being wealthy is living within your means and being contented of your lifestyle.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:36 pm

The apostle Paul said "Godliness with contentment is great gain." And it is true health is wealth. I took this big dog we have for a walk last evening, or maybe he took me for a walk. I wanted to see my kids, but as I walked out I noticed their jeep going to the East, and they went to visit some of our neighbors about 3 miles or so from us, so I walked Scoobie all the time they were gone which was a while. I don't know whether he has been on the leash before or not, but he did really well. Our other dog is jealous and tries to pick a fight with him, but he pays little attention because he is about two times in size bigger. He tried to take after him one or twice, but he was on the leash. He did really well, and I took him with me out to get the mail a little while ago, and he acted like he has been on the leash forever. :)
Edwin

Postby red » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:51 pm

You got a big nice dog there, Sir. I like dogs since i was a kid but doctor now prohibit me from playing them because of my allergies. Our dogs now in their pen can't go near them now. :(
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:58 pm

red wrote:You got a big nice dog there, Sir. I like dogs since i was a kid but doctor now prohibit me from playing them because of my allergies. Our dogs now in their pen can't go near them now. :(

He is our 11 year old granddaughters dog, and he came to our house when they came to live with us, along with a Shitzu dog, and a yellow crown amazon bird that is amazing. He is a big and strong dog. He takes me for our walks. She informed me that it is my job to train him, and I am having fun with it. I started out by bringing him in the house and having him sit by my chair. He would sit a while then he would lay down. He has learned to sit when I tell him too, and he is getting the idea about being on the leash when we walk. He is an extremely good natured loveable dog. This kind of dog they use for rescue work. They sometimes have them pull carts also. You can't believe his strength unless you have him on the leash. When he wants to go where we are not going he gets down and crawls. It is kind of humorous. He spends a lot of time smelling the ground when he is walking. I really like him.

Our identical twin daughters are both allergic to cats. When we lived in the Stehekin Valley we had about 10 or so of them. We couldn't bring them in the house because of our daughters' allergies. The big cats, cougars, bob cats, and linx killed all our cats, and then the mice took over. We never had trouble with mice before that. We have 3 cats here between us and our daughter, but they are strictly outside cats. They stay mostly in a small hay barn. One of them used to come over here and catch mice, but when winter came it stopped, and now we have to trap the mice. :) :) :) :)
Edwin

Postby red » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:04 pm

We got prob with mice too, i been putting traps on corners and sometimes it stained our floors. I put lil food as bait on it and there the mice will be trapped. I have one nurse shoes already bitten by mice felt bad about it that was why i started doing something to get rid the creature. Sometimes i make sound of a cat.."meow" so to scare the mice/rats...but it aint same as real cat. lol
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:48 pm

red wrote:We got prob with mice too, i been putting traps on corners and sometimes it stained our floors. I put lil food as bait on it and there the mice will be trapped. I have one nurse shoes already bitten by mice felt bad about it that was why i started doing something to get rid the creature. Sometimes i make sound of a cat.."meow" so to scare the mice/rats...but it aint same as real cat. lol

Yes, the real cats are the best. We had one cat that came to our house regularly and we didn't have trouble with the mice, but I don't know why that cat quit coming, but now we have to set traps because of that cat's absense. We help buy his food too! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby erwin » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:46 pm

mjsty wrote:
longhorn1 wrote:1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument.
In fact, all comments become Null and void after 7 Days.

and that makes you men a liar.

Not all men are liar. There are women also that are liar.Only beautiful woman with good heart are not liar.
If someone say so then it isn't void. What makes men liar is when he didn't mean what he says.
erwin

Postby bluebird » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:28 am

You make your rules, i make my rules
But what are the right rules?
I want to know what's the best
For all are going to test.

No one is perfect, No one is great
No one is good enough
No one can make a right way
Unless sanction is being done in God.

You do not need to be pretentious