Living In The Philippines

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Living In The Philippines

Postby angel » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:00 am

by loving our country it only show how grateful we are to be in this country, and to our culture. i am proud to be a filipino. im just a makabayan, someone ask me why i dont go abroad i said to her i just love my country and my family :)
angel

Postby wayne208 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:21 am

Angel I also Love My Country . Has My Country made Mistakes Yes She has .. But I blame most of the mistakes on our Elected Officials .. They have not done their best and just look out for themselves . But I am grateful To Live in such a Fine Country . I know that Sooner or Later the Leaders will get their act together and Be the Leaders they should Be . At Least I hope they will and I pray for this .
wayne208

Postby cheryz » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:36 am

count on me angel i do love my country ofcourse many great places here and also my family is here. but i also want to explore other countries if given a chance one day :) i would love to... i pray for it for someday it could be done :)
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
cheryz

Postby crisipicada » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:31 pm

It is good to live in the P hililppines. It is because I am from here. Anyway, love our own, as the saying goes. But there are things to love here when living here. Nice people, great food, nice places so on and so fort.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby cheryz » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:40 pm

When your a foreigner and started living in the Philippines be sure you have any connections like special someone or a friend that you can trust here. Nowadays some people are taking advantage if they know your from outside the country. Living here is easy if you have savings and do make some business here many great places that you can start up with your own business.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
cheryz

Postby crisipicada » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:53 pm

Since then, prices increase in the Philippines. Due to TRAIN LAW, the basic commodities such as rice, sugar, can goods etc increase tremendously. For example,retail of white sugar last May was only 42 per kilo. After few months, this August the price increase to 67 pesos per kilo or 59.9% increase. The excise tax has a great impact since the consumers are the one who shoulder the increase of such tax. And this will still increase until 2020.

For five years, month of July 2018 has the highest inflation rate of 5.7%. It simply means that the goods increase by 5.7% compare to July 2017 last year. For instance, a kilo of rice was just 45 last year and now it is 47.57 and up. The buying power becomes low. As the prices increase, the lesser it can buy goods since the prices increase and the income still the same.

An income of 10,0000 below is already consider as below poverty line. However, as I have read news that some government officials said, a family of 4 must have an income of 40,000 to survive. This is very hard for the filipinos since the minimum wage in province is only 318 pesos a day or roughly estimate of Php. 7,000 pesos a month for 20 days. This is not enough to pay bills like water and electricity, and food and rent.
crisipicada

Postby cheryz » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:31 am

hello crisipicada how are you? i hope your doing great..
yeah i agree with you at present you must be healthy coz all basic needs and medicines it cost higher than before, more taxes on our food :cry:
cheryz

Postby crisipicada » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:37 pm

cheryz wrote:hello crisipicada how are you? i hope your doing great..
yeah i agree with you at present you must be healthy coz all basic needs and medicines it cost higher than before, more taxes on our food :cry:

Hello, Cheryz, I am good. How are you and your kid?
crisipicada

Postby elkins » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:37 pm

Is it safe to go to the Philippines? I heard about war in the south part of the Philippines.
elkins

Postby jadegil6 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:22 pm

The majority of places in the Philippines are safe for foreigners to travel. The only island that is dangerous is the southern most island in the Philippines, called Mindanao. For a guideline you can draw a line between Davao City in southern Mindanao and Cagayan de Oro in northern Mindanao, and any areas west of that line are possibly dangerous. I spent a week in Davao City in 2010 without any worry. I have traveled all around the northern islands and provinces, and never had any problems or felt threatened.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Forum