Embarrassing Moments

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Embarrassing Moments

Postby Edwin » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:36 pm

All of us have embarrassing moments at times. We don't think? We get caught off guard? Many embarrassing moments are caught on tape and televised at Funniest Home Videos and so forth. Are there any embarrassing moments that you care to share with all of us?

The last job we had we lived at the head of a 55 mile lake. It was possible to get to the place on trails 30 to 50 miles in length, but much of the year those trails are snow bound as they are high altitude trails, and the terrain is so rugged that even though it is not an island, the only way to get to the place besides the trails are with boats and airplanes. Anyway we were working at this Resort. The cook and I were of about the same body build, height, and weight. He had a girlfriend who was someone's wife before, and I am not sure what happened to that marriage, but all of a sudden they were living together. I was making coffee one morning in a narrow passage way, and this young lady came through just barely able to squeeze by. I felt my butt get pinched, and I turned to see her face red as a beet! She thought I was her boyfriend, but it was mistaken identity! She said, "Oh, my, please don't tell Carol!" I told her anyway, and she thought that was pretty funny! :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Re: Embarrassing Moments

Postby crisipicada » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:42 am

I have an embarrassing moment too. While eating in a restaurant, I tend to cross my legs. But the worst is that I try to cross my legs twice. try it. while I was imbalance to sit down, I fell in the ground. The worst thing is that, I can't stand because my legs are cross and hard to get back on my right position to sit or stand. Really, lots of people and I was with my younger brother and he asked me, hey what happened. i was so embarrassed.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:29 pm

Crisi, I think I have seen pictures of you with your legs wrapped around each other, but I can understand how that taking a second wrap might throw you off balance! I believe you as well, because we have a granddaughter, the next to the youngest one of our grandchildren who is double jointed. I'm not saying you are, but I can understand your flexibility because of that. I haven't seen her do this lately, and she may have lost some flexibility by now, but when she was younger she could put her knees on the back of her neck! I have seen her doing that, and I think we have a picture of that as well. Thank you for sharing your embarrassing moment with us, Crisi!

A number of us, my sister, Carol and I, and our daughter who lives 3 hours away were all eating at a China Buffet a number of years ago. Our grandson using his cell phone called my sister's number from the other end of the table! She fumbled through her large purse to dig out her phone at the bottom of it, and heard our grandson's voice from the other end of the table. It was pretty funny, and we all had a good laugh! :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby red » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:58 am

I thought I would share this here. Please know that Filipinos have expressions words or actions that foreigners find it funny and weird.
At work the other day, I was assigned inspecting products then i found a defective one then I told the boss about it but since my hands were full I used my lips in pointing it. My co workers were laughing because why i was making such facial expression...I laughed at myself felt embarrased. I said " oh my ah ah Filipino gayud!" then i told them "its a filipino thing you people just dont understand alot yet." I was embarrassed but I just laughed at it. I am proud to be a Filipino. The only way to overcome embarrassment is just laugh it out. :D
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:49 am

I can see how that would be embarrassing for you, when the people you work with have never seen that done. You are right, Red, laughing at one's self is a great way to deal with embarrassment. We should not take ourselves too seriously, and it is important for mental health for us to be able to laugh at ourselves. You just have more ways to use your body parts! The people working with you would probably have tried to point with their hands/fingers, and maybe they would have dropped what they wre carrying! At least you didn't point with your tongue, Red! :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:45 pm

Many years ago I was sitting in the break shack while working at the sawmill, eating my lunch, and one of my coworkers, a very good friend and a Christian guy was intrigued by the way I was sitting. I was sitting with one foot turned cross ways. I was not even aware of that until he pointed it out. I felt perfectly natural sitting there that way, and maybe that says that I have joint flexibility.

A few years after that I began teaching school. I stopped by this elementary school where I was to be teaching for the day to sign in at the office. The elementary principal was there to sign me in. She said, "Do you know that your pants are unzipped!" No I didn't know that! She said, "I think you would rather hear that from me, rather than getting to the classroom and having the kids point that out to you!" I was embarrassed, and thanked her for pointing that out to me, because, yes, I would far rather have her remind me of that than to have some of the kids point it out to me! I didn't feel like the lone ranger because a few years before that I alerted a lady librarian that she was not zipped up, and I know she appreciated me saving her from further embarrassment! :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:28 am

I was walking on the aisle here in the terminal and I slip due to water on the floor and it is tiles on the floor. I stand immediately because there are people. What an embarrassing experience. Lol
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby lyrehc » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:00 am

My embarrassing moment was when i was going down the stairs i went up so fast but when i go down i go slowly but that stage i still slide down the stairs.good thing I was not hurt but instead I laughed.
lyrehc
lyrehc

Postby cheryz » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:02 pm

The most embarrassing moment i never forget was im on the procession with my aunt, my sandal (specifically Bakya) with 2 inches high heels got slip good thing was its dark and no one can notice until i told my aunt and we begin laugh a little with cover our face.. lol :lol:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
cheryz

Postby toni » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:29 am

Few weeks ago I was so embarrass when I feel on the ground from a stage walking downward. I try to stand up as nothing happens but the worst thing was many people saw me. Good that I was wearing sunglasses and I just walk away. :oops:
toni

Return to General Forum