MOVIE FREAK

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: MOVIE FREAK

Postby Chas » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:07 pm

I watched Metro Manila tonight. An English produced film, shot in Manila with Filipino actors in Tagalog with subtitles. A depressing story of a family in adversity and the lengths a husband will go to to provide for the family he loves. A good film, but a bleak story with little joy in it :(
Chas

Postby cheryz » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:34 am

Lately I had time to watched series of izombie now I'm in season 2 :) while waiting for Grimm and walking dead :)
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
cheryz

Postby jadegil6 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:11 pm

I haven't been to the big screen in a very long time. I got rained out of work this afternoon, and stopped by the theater on my way home, hoping to catch a film, preferably The Revenant with Leonardo DiCaprio, but the next showing was going to be 2 hours later, so I just came on home. I think that is more of a man's film, and I know that it won the Golden Globe for Best Picture and Leonardo won for Best Actor, so I think I'll really enjoy it when I see it.
Mostly I see movies these days on either Amazon or Netflix, but haven't seen anything exciting there in awhile. I have been watching a TV series called "Sons Of Anarchy" recently, and it is really violent story about a motorcycle gang in a fictional town in California.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby eStu » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:25 am

I too haven't been to the cinema in a long time and I think I might break the drought by seeing The Revenant. I agree it seems like a bit of a guy movie as far as the subject matter goes, though if you want to take a date Leonardo DiCaprio probably still has adequate pulling power. I'm reminded of the fact that as a kid I could never sit through a Clint Eastwood movie because they bored me, but as I matured I came to appreciate them a lot more.

I don't watch a lot of TV series. Over the last few years I've had The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Sons of Anarchy and Dexter all recommended to me. I didn't really get a chance to check Sons of Anarchy out yet, but out of the other three I really only stuck with TWD. I enjoyed the first few seasons of The Walking Dead a lot. For me the most entertaining part of the zombie genre isn't the action and gore but rather the way different characters have to adapt to adversity and make use of available resources to survive. You can see different characters who bring different strengths to a group situation and there can also be simmering tensions and subplots within the group. Film classics like The Magnificent Seven/The Seven Samurai have similar elements of a diverse group of characters banding together under siege to overcome an external threat.
eStu

Postby TracySweet » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:00 am

Hi ,all, nice to see you all!!!!
TracySweet

Postby crisipicada » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:04 am

Last night I did watch agent 47. I like action movie and it is so interesting one.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby cheryz » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:58 pm

As of today we watched last airbender a kid who wants to master the four elements to stop the fire nation for enslaving the water tribes and earth kingdom. My son like to watch because of the kid with his power or magical fantasy and the flying like dog :)
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
cheryz

Postby Smiley » Fri May 27, 2016 7:56 pm

There is a movie coming out that I will be seeing with my two grown daughters. It is kind of weird in a way that appeals to us. It's called Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children this is the trailer for it: https://youtu.be/tV_IhWE4LP0
Smiley

Postby lyrehc » Mon May 30, 2016 4:24 pm

I think I saw the trailer of this movie the last time... I want to watch it in YouTube but I can't find a complete version of this film.i wish I can see this in theaters..
lyrehc
lyrehc

Postby jadegil6 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:11 pm

I have been watching shows on both Netflix and Amazon prime, but haven't been to a movie theater in a couple of years.
Recently, I have been watching the series, Breaking Bad.
I catch myself getting angry at the characters, and then have to tell myself that they are only actors, and have to step back and laugh at myself.
jadegil6
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum