More violence in Mindanao

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: More violence in Mindanao

Postby jadegil6 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:23 pm

There has been a lot more conflict in Mindanao recently, with 18 soldiers from the Philippine military being killed last week in gun battles with the Islamic terrorists. From many sources I have read, ISIS is moving into the southern Philippines to enlist fighters and to expand. More and more warnings are being issued for travelers to avoid going to Mindanao. Too bad that such a vast area of mostly peace-loving Filipinos is being threatened by hate-filled Muslims.
I just continue to pray for Peace to overcome our troubled world.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby cheryz » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:36 pm

Sir Michael I never heard that anyways thank you for sharing. I been busy on my son and I don't watch television lately coz was malfunctioning. Really scary if there moving to Philippines. I'll pray for peace and unity of all Filipino.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
cheryz

Postby jadegil6 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:46 pm

Since there will be a new President in the Philippines soon, then maybe he or she will address the problem of the terrorists there. I know the US military is set to move back into the Philippines, and they will share the bases with the Philippine armed forces, so maybe with their help, more control over the terrorists/revolutionists can be achieved.
I did go to Davao by myself for one week in 2010, but I would not do that again today. Too risky, especially when there are so many other places in the Philippines that are friendly and hospitable.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby cheryz » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:08 am

Yes Sir many beautiful places in the philippines :D
It is risky to go in Mindanao just let us pray for peace in there.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
cheryz

Postby jadegil6 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:09 pm

John Ridsdel, Canadian Hostage Held by Abu Sayyaf, Found Beheaded in Philippines near Zamboanga City, Mindanao on Monday, April 25, 2016.

What did they say? It's More Fun In The Philippines?
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby jadegil6 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:12 pm

He was kidnapped from Samal Island with 2 others, and that is a fifteen minute boat ride from Davao City....same city that Presidential candidate Duterte has been the mayor of for many years.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby cheryz » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:35 pm

Thats a bad news Sir Michael :( all we can do is to pray for the canadian hostage will release the soonest, that is traumatic to him visiting here in philippines and that happens to him, people like abu sayaf are very dangerous hope they will all caught by our pnp :(
cheryz

Postby jadegil6 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:24 pm

I think they are similar to the Viet Cong fighters in the war between the US and North Vietnam. Usually they are villagers such as fishermen or farmers, but when they want, they turn into soldiers or terrorists. It will be very hard to find and defeat them unless the Administration gets the willpower to spend the money and time and resources required in that part of Mindanao. Thus far, US military forces in the Philippines have not been allowed to fight...only to give advice. But the results may remain the same even if they were allowed to fight because this enemy has many sympathizers and supporters and are invisible most of the time.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby cheryz » Wed May 04, 2016 7:21 pm

Maybe some of supporters of abu sayaf is high position in government or impluencial people, do you think it might possible? Just my opinion of watching action movies ;) The election is 4 days to go, the survey tells Duterte got the highest votes well if he wins he says for 6 months he will fix the country especially for drugs and crimes. Well we wait and see if that happens.
cheryz

Postby Smiley » Fri May 27, 2016 7:31 pm

A christian boy in Egypt had an "affair" with a muslim girl. A mob of muslims attacked, burned and looted 7 Christian homes.They beat the boys 70 year old mother,stripped her naked and paraded her through the town.Business as usual for the religion of peace.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/may/26/muslim-mob-in-egypt-strips-elderly-christian-woman-in-violent-attack
Smiley

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum