3-child policy in the Philippines

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

3-child policy in the Philippines

Postby crisipicada » Mon May 30, 2016 10:01 pm

The newly elected president of the Philippines, Rudrego Duterte, announced to have 3-child policy in the Philippines. He wanted the congress to pass a law about this matter. When this happens, I believe that this would be a great help to the family to have up to 3 children. It also help the economy of the Philippines where in fact over population is one of the causes of poverty, and I believe that. China has one child policy, however in the Philippines, 3-child policy, he said.

Will you agree or support this policy that we will have in the future? We know for the fact that the Catholic church is against with this. As far as I know in the news, , the newly president believe, Catholic are worst hypocrite. We know for the fact that even before the election, the Catholic bishop campaign against Duterte. However, still he won the presidental race. This is just that filipinos are so desperate about so many promises of the previous administration. Filipinos want change. I guess, this is just the start of the new beginning for all filipinos who wanted change.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Re: 3-child policy in the Philippines

Postby jadegil6 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:08 pm

I can't see that happening since statistics say that Catholics comprise 80% of the population in the Philippines, and Catholics do not believe in birth control. Duterte's Presidency is for 6 years, and he will never be able to change century's long beliefs and traditions or culture in such a brief period of time.
He may influence some, but he will not change the culture or the Catholic church.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby cheryz » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:39 pm

That's right Sir, however That is good for the family to have children not more than 3, now a days we have to be practical or open minded in terms for having a baby especially when you don't have a stable job. Sad to say Many young women are getting pregnant now a days.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
cheryz

Postby crisipicada » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:45 pm

I believe the filipinos need to be educated about family. Because this is important and will help us. If we know the cause and effect, we become aware of things and refrain from doing such thing that will make our lives miserable. I believe that this is not an abrupt thing to happen, but little by little we will make it and change our country. It just needs continuing education and public information. So, let us help each other for the betterment of our country as a whole.
crisipicada

Postby lyrehc » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:19 pm

jadegil6 wrote:I can't see that happening since statistics say that Catholics comprise 80% of the population in the Philippines, and Catholics do not believe in birth control. Duterte's PrFilipino ency is for 6 years, and he will never be able to change century's long better, s and traditions or culture in such a brief period of time.
He may influence some, but he will not change the culture or the Catholic church.

I believe you are right sir if we want a change we can start it on our self rather than following policies that will know it will not last forever maybe the start of change should begin on us Filipino...but on the other hand I'm also in favor on a 3 child policy..its for better, I think it will help improved our society.
lyrehc
lyrehc

Postby angel » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:51 am

im good with one child :D i can give what for my daughter wants. It depends if your rich, middle class or poor, for me family 2 or 3 is good if your husband has work and his in the high position then you be able to sustain the needs of your children however for rich family they can have 5 or more. Today as far as i knew the poor family has more children than middle or rich family.
angel

Postby lyrehc » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:03 pm

You are correct angel many poor has a lot of children than the rich one.. That's why I think they implement the law of 3 child policy inorder to discipline the urban people, they only think of lust not the future of the child.. It is better this way atleast it's for the good future.
lyrehc
lyrehc

Postby crisipicada » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:03 am

Corruption is one of the causes of poverty in the PHilippines. We are rich in natural resources. Filipino are industrious and we have initiative. What is lacking is opportunity. Every time that we have invention or something to improve with, our government lack support to filipinos. That is why other country would extend help or support, therefore, the other country will benefit. So many overseas worker, because of lack of opportunity for jobs. Because of low wage, or salary, many investors or businessmen come and invest.

We filipino or employment mind set. We want to land a job, rather than create a job. We were mindset to study hard, go to school. Our parents taught us that way. I believe that if our parents also teach us to be entrepreneur, i believe we become more open minded people and not just employment mindset.
crisipicada

Postby cheryz » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:31 am

crisipicada wrote:Corruption is one of the causes of poverty in the PHilippines. We are rich in natural resources. Filipino are industrious and we have initiative. What is lacking is opportunity. Every time that we have invention or something to improve with, our government lack support to filipinos. That is why other country would extend help or support, therefore, the other country will benefit. So many overseas worker, because of lack of opportunity for jobs. Because of low wage, or salary, many investors or businessmen come and invest.

We filipino or employment mind set. We want to land a job, rather than create a job. We were mindset to study hard, go to school. Our parents taught us that way. I believe that if our parents also teach us to be entrepreneur, i believe we become more open minded people and not just employment mindset.

I agree with you crisi, some overseas Filipino worker I know when they go back home to there country they invest for business, but first you know how to manage it and what business are you going to. Some people invest but didn't got profit why? Because they don't know what they business, they depends on there friends telling them.

We Filipino must know how to be practical these days for our future.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
cheryz

Postby Chas » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:24 am

Whilst a three child policy is a sensible aim, I cannot see how it can be enforced in a free and democratic society. More effective would be sex education in schools with easy access to contraception, in particular the birth control pill. This should give people, in particular women, more control. I would hope it would reduce the numbers of 'mistakes' that end up with unmarried Mum's, but as Michael has mentioned the Catholic church will be opposed. Despite church exhortations men and women do what men and women enjoy doing especially as the old hormones overrule the brain cells!
Chas

Next

Return to General Forum