“Health & Health” nothing but Health…

Moderator: youngj

Re: “Health & Health” nothing but Health…

Postby ms.sin17 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:11 pm

Lose 20 Pounds Fast — Seven-Day Meal Plan

Day 1:
Breakfast
3/4 cup bran flakes, 1 banana, 1 cup fat-free milk

Lunch
Sandwich: 1 mini whole wheat pita, 3 ounces turkey breast, 1/2 roasted pepper, 1 teaspoon light mayonnaise, mustard, lettuce 1 stick part-skim mozzarella string cheese 2 kiwifruits

Dinner
4 ounces broiled flounder or sole 2 sliced plum tomatoes sprinkled with 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, broiled until just golden 1 cup cooked couscous 1 cup steamed broccoli 1 fat-free pudding cup

Day 2:
Breakfast
Smoothie: Blend 1 cup frozen berries, 1/2 banana, and 8 ounces fat-free milk 1/2 English muffin spread with 1 teaspoon light margarine

Lunch
1 cup vegetarian vegetable soup 1 veggie burger in a mini whole wheat pita with lettuce and salsa 6 ounces light yogurt 15 grapes

Dinner
BBQ chicken: Brush 4 ounces boneless, skinless breast with barbecue sauce and grill 1/2 cup vegetarian baked beans 3 small boiled red potatoes topped with 1 teaspoon light margarine and a pinch of dill

Day 3:
Breakfast
Oatmeal: In the microwave, cook 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats with 3/4 cup fat-free milk; 1/2 apple, chopped; 1 teaspoon honey; and a pinch of cinnamon

Lunch
Chicken salad: Toss 4 ounces shredded skinless roast chicken breast with 1/4 cup sliced red grapes, 1 tablespoon slivered almonds, 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise, and 1 tablespoon fat-free sour cream. Serve over lettuce. 1 banana

Dinner
4 ounces steamed shrimp 1 baked potato topped with 3 tablespoons salsa and 1 tablespoon fat-free sour cream 3 cups spinach, steamed 1 low-fat frozen fudge bar

Day 4:
Breakfast
1/2 toasted English muffin topped with 1/2 small apple, sliced, and 1 ounce shredded reduced-fat cheese, any type. Microwave 30 seconds on High. 6 ounces light yogurt sprinkled with 1 tablespoon slivered almonds

Lunch
1 cup tomato soup Sandwich: 1 mini whole wheat pita, 3 ounces thinly sliced roast beef, 1 teaspoon horseradish, mustard, tomato slices, lettuce 1 cup raw veggies 1 pear

Dinner
3 ounces poached salmon Slaw: Toss 1 1/4 cups coleslaw mix and 2 sliced green onions with 2 tablespoons fat-free dressing 3/4 cup cooked brown rice 1/2 cup pineapple chunks in juice

No more than 30 calories per 2 tablespoons of dressing

Day 5:
Breakfast
1 cup Cheerios, 1/2 cup berries, 1 tablespoon slivered almonds, 8 ounces fat-free milk

Lunch
Quesadilla: Spread 1/4 cup fat-free refried beans over 1 small whole wheat tortilla. Sprinkle on 1 ounce shredded reduced-fat cheese. Top with salsa and another tortilla; microwave 45 seconds on High. 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese topped with 1/2 cup mandarin orange sections Cucumber spears

Dinner
3 ounces roasted pork tenderloin 1 cup baked acorn squash, mashed with a pinch of cinnamon 2 to 3 cups salad greens with 2 tablespoons fat-free dressing 1/2 cup vanilla fat-free frozen yogurt topped with 1 cup berries

No more than 30 calories per 2 tablespoons of dressing

Day 6:
Breakfast
1 toasted frozen waffle, spread with 1 tablespoon peanut butter and topped with 1/2 sliced banana 8 ounces fat-free milk

Lunch
Tuna pita: 1 mini whole wheat pita, 2 ounces water-packed light tuna, 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise, mustard, and cucumber and onion slices 10 baby carrots 6 ounces light yogurt mixed with 1/2 banana

Dinner
Jambalaya: Combine 3/4 cup cooked brown rice; 1/2 cup corn; 2 ounces cooked turkey sausage, sliced; 1/3 cup salsa; and 1/4 cup canned kidney beans. Heat through. 3 cups spinach, steamed 1 medium apple

Day 7:
Breakfast
1/2 toasted English muffin layered with 1 ounce reduced-fat cheese, sliced; 1 tomato slice; 1/2 cup steamed spinach, drained; and 1 poached egg 1 grapefruit

Lunch
Black bean salad: Toss 1/2 cup canned black beans, 1/2 cup mandarin orange sections, and chopped red bell peppers, red onion, and scallions with 1 teaspoon vinegar. Serve over salad greens. 1 mini whole wheat pita 1 pear

Dinner
3 ounces broiled or grilled flank steak 1 baked sweet potato with 1 teaspoon light margarine 1 cup steamed zucchini 1/2 cup pineapple chunks in juice
Everything eLse that is happening in the earth is tempOrary, yOu cOnsider, everything that is gOing On is just Vanity. . .
ms.sin17

Postby erwin » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:08 am

ms.sin17 wrote:I have a very bad cOugh tOday.. :cry: This suffers me, what shOuLd yOu think I dO tO recOver earLy? shOuLd I drink LemOn juice? I drink a LOt Of water LateLy but I think there is nO effect.. :roll: I discOvered that drinking a gLass Of miLk heLps in my metabOLism tO wOrk fast.. :D I have Observed that there are many peOpLe having a bad cOugh tOday.. :? :(

Take a rest and sleep well
erwin

Postby crisipicada » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:37 am

Dangerous fat
The more time you spend in the car, on the couch, or at the computer, the more fat you invite into your abdominal home. Visceral fat - the fat under your stomack muscles - pumps out hormones such as leptin, adeponectin, and IGF (insulin-like growth factor) that can cause trouble. This is the fat more closely tied to diabetes, heart disease, and colon, liver, prancreatic, and kidney cancers. - Nutrition Action Health Letter
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:53 am

crisipicada wrote:Dangerous fat
The more time you spend in the car, on the couch, or at the computer, the more fat you invite into your abdominal home. Visceral fat - the fat under your stomack muscles - pumps out hormones such as leptin, adeponectin, and IGF (insulin-like growth factor) that can cause trouble. This is the fat more closely tied to diabetes, heart disease, and colon, liver, prancreatic, and kidney cancers. - Nutrition Action Health Letter

They also say that after a person sits a certain period of time your system starts to shut down, and bad things begin to happen. They recommend that people who work in offices try to find a way to get up and move around periodically. Also if they can walk to take a message rather than using the phone or messaging with the computer that will help. They say it is really harmful to sit in one place for hours, and some people do that. Even getting up and moving around for a short time periodically helps. When I substitute taught in classrooms I very seldom sat down. I kept moving all the time in the classroom, and the students never knew where I might be next. It kept them on their toes, and I didn't even think of the health reasons for doing that, but I read about this on health news not long ago, and it is important. A lot of it can't be helped. I think back on all of the time I spent in classes as a student, and all the hours of sitting, of course I would get up and move around as soon as class was over, but I spent hours sitting in one place studying and doing school projects, and didn't even realize that sitting was so harmful. Years ago I sat a lot watching television and in front of the computer. We don't have television reception any more by choice. We don't want it. At one time for a while I was addicted to television, but not any more. Now I move between the computer and the piano. I also get out and do things periodically out of necessity, like haul a lot of water for our house once a week, and that has increased with our granddaughters living with us and that is okay. In the next few days I will be digging as a first step to get running water in our house. I am going to dig under our house, like a mini basement, put a pressure tank and a hot water tank under there if I can dig deep enough without the bedrock stopping me, and I think I can. The last few days I have gotten my exercise digging through our things in our reefer trailers to hunt for a television set and VCR and DVD, so that our granddaughters can watch VCR and DVD movies, which we have a lot of them. I was also digging out Christmas boxes for my wife, Carol, and she will put them where they will be easier to get at when Christmas comes, like decorations, etc. It can't get cold now because I put the television, DVD and VCR players on top of our pellet stove, so now we can use it for heat.
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:02 am

Edwin wrote:

They also say that after a person sits a certain period of time your system starts to shut down, and bad things begin to happen. They recommend that people who work in offices try to find a way to get up and move around periodically. Also if they can walk to take a message rather than using the phone or messaging with the computer that will help. They say it is really harmful to sit in one place for hours, and some people do that. Even getting up and moving around for a short time periodically helps. When I substitute taught in classrooms I very seldom sat down. I kept moving all the time in the classroom, and the students never knew where I might be next. It kept them on their toes, and I didn't even think of the health reasons for doing that, but I read about this on health news not long ago, and it is important. A lot of it can't be helped. I think back on all of the time I spent in classes as a student, and all the hours of sitting, of course I would get up and move around as soon as class was over, but I spent hours sitting in one place studying and doing school projects, and didn't even realize that sitting was so harmful. Years ago I sat a lot watching television and in front of the computer. We don't have television reception any more by choice. We don't want it. At one time for a while I was addicted to television, but not any more. Now I move between the computer and the piano. I also get out and do things periodically out of necessity, like haul a lot of water for our house once a week, and that has increased with our granddaughters living with us and that is okay. In the next few days I will be digging as a first step to get running water in our house. I am going to dig under our house, like a mini basement, put a pressure tank and a hot water tank under there if I can dig deep enough without the bedrock stopping me, and I think I can. The last few days I have gotten my exercise digging through our things in our reefer trailers to hunt for a television set and VCR and DVD, so that our granddaughters can watch VCR and DVD movies, which we have a lot of them. I was also digging out Christmas boxes for my wife, Carol, and she will put them where they will be easier to get at when Christmas comes, like decorations, etc. It can't get cold now because I put the television, DVD and VCR players on top of our pellet stove, so now we can use it for heat.

Sorry I meant can't use it for heat, and we shouldn't need to until fall and winter. Then we sure will with temperatures down to zero or below F., and the wind blowing between 30 and 50 mph. Usually 15 to 30, and sometimes more than 50 on occasion, but not really often. Usually 50 is top, but it can blow harder than that.
Edwin

Postby purex » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:01 pm

I can't live a very low temperature. Since i am very small, it is easy for me to get freeze. I am very small gal and i can't live in a very cold temperature.
Wn God knows yor READY 4 D rsponsibility of comitment,He'l reveal D ryt prson undr Hs tym& ryt circumstnces.Wait patiently,Dont waste Ur tym srching& wshing.Grow& b redy &yo'l see.God wl giv U a lov story far betr than U cud ever dreamed
purex

Postby Edwin » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:34 am

purex wrote:I can't live a very low temperature. Since i am very small, it is easy for me to get freeze. I am very small gal and i can't live in a very cold temperature.

The first year we were here we were very cold even with our pellet stove putting out heat. Carol, my wife's brother and wife came to visit us from the Philippines and I think they about froze because of the difference in the temperatures between here and there. They didn't stay as long as they said they were going to, because I think they got too cold. Since we have put in all new windows, two new doors, a glass sliding door, and we were warmer this last winter. My wife, Carol, gets colder than I do, and she suffers from diabetes, and I think that causes her body to feel cold. We need to put on a new roof, probably next summer, and then when I can get it done, I am going to put on a thin insulated wrap that will keep the wind out, and then I am going to put siding on this house, then it will be warmer. My parents spent the first year of their married life about 800 feet from where we live now. All their lives they talked about how cold they were when they were living there. Years ago I wore long johns, or long underware. During the winters since living here I have gone back to wearing the long underware in the winter. It beats, or is better than feeling cold. Poor Carol, she complains about the heat in the summer, and it doesn't really get very hot here as we are at a higher elevation, 2800 feet. Carol told me that her brother has fans and airconditioning going at their house on Guiamara Island. He loves the heat though, and talks about how cold he is when he comes around here, and how glad he will be to get back to where it is warm. :)
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:58 am

purex wrote:I can't live a very low temperature. Since i am very small, it is easy for me to get freeze. I am very small gal and i can't live in a very cold temperature.

Yes, the weather can be very severe here, and my wife, Carol's brother has a hard time dealing with it when he comes from the Philippines to visit us. Carol has a hard time with the cold and the heat. Temperature variations don't bother me, although I have gone back to wearing long underware in the winter.
Edwin

Postby tom » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:26 am

Edwin wrote:

They also say that after a person sits a certain period of time your system starts to shut down, and bad things begin to happen. They recommend that people who work in offices try to find a way to get up and move around periodically. Also if they can walk to take a message rather than using the phone or messaging with the computer that will help. They say it is really harmful to sit in one place for hours, and some people do that. Even getting up and moving around for a short time periodically helps.

hmmm? (hehehe)... i wonder why it is harmful to sit for a few hours... but it is rejuvenating and healing and very good for the health of the body and the soul when we will lay still and unconscious on our backs in bed (not moving at all) for 8, 9 or 10 hours :? :D :lol:
    if anyone can provide any good insight about that, i am eager to learn and understand :D ... and pursue good health and fitness :lol:
Image"Weep not! Behold! the Lion of the tribe of Judah is victorious... and His kingdom will never end." (rev.5; luke 1:30-33;isaiah 9:6-7,11:1-10)
tom

"Green Tea and Its Benefit"

Postby crisipicada » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:25 pm

What are the Health Benefits of Green Tea?

The benefits of green tea and its effects were discovered 4,000 years ago and since then has been considered a wonder drink!

Green tea acts as an antiviral agent. This beverage contains am mineral called fluoride that prevents cavities as well as strengthens tooth enamel. Did you know that drinking a cup of this tea everyday can help reduce plaque formation and bacterial infections in your mouth? This is because this beverage acts as anti-inflammatory agent. Therefore, it maintains a healthy, active metabolism and circulatory system on your body. This proves that this drink is indeed a miracle in a cup!

What happens is that our body utilizes the defensive antioxidant molecules which are present in our system as a response to the negative effects of free radicals. This is done to detoxify the harmful effects.

This is the main reason why health professionals are encouraging you to increase the levels of antioxidants in your body. There are various food available that contains high levels of antioxidants such as fruit and vegetables.

The antioxidant levels of green tea is hundred times more effective than vitamin C and twenty-five times better than vitamin E in protecting our immune systems. Another great reason to drink several cups everyday.

The green tea ingredients are the ones responsible for its amazing health benefits. They are called catechins!

Catechins are considered the most effective of all antioxidants and the amounts as well as the effects are far higher compared to black tea. This is because green tea has less processing compared to other teas.

Asian population are experiencing its wonderful effects and benefits. Statistics have shown that Asians have a lower risk of acquiring diseases because of their healthy lifestyle.

One of the health benefits of green tea is it's potential to protect against heart disease and cancer.

It's believed to reduce cholesterol as well as LDL-cholesterol. This results in lower platelet aggregation, which then helps keep your blood pressure in check.

Other health benefits of green tea are the following:

• helps against formation of cancer

• controls diabetes

• helps prevent heart disease

• makes your complexion acne-free, healthier

• aids in weight loss regimen

• retards the aging process

• calms your digestion

• helps with your bowel problems

• excellent and safe during pregnancy because it provides you with a mild stimulating effect.

You can do a lot of things with this wonder drink. Did you also know that the health benefits of green tea are not only confined to drinking but you can also medicate with it? What else does it do? Green tea can be used in cooking, that's right, I have compiled a list of delicious recipes from green tea books that you can try. If you have a cat, it can also keep the litter box smelling fresh. And lastly, any leftover tea can be used to water your plants.

These powerful benefits cannot be compared to any other substance in the world without a single side effect.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

PreviousNext

Return to All We Need Is LOVE!