Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

2022 Travel To The Philippines

Postby jadegil6 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:32 pm

Bureau of Immigration, Republic of the Philippines
28 January 2022
PRESS RELEASE:
PH to open borders to foreign tourists
MANILA, Philippines—The Bureau of Immigration (BI) announced that the country will be opening its borders to the entry of foreign tourists starting February 10.
In an advisory, BI Commissioner Jaime Morente said that, in compliance with the resolution from the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-MEID) issued on Thursday, fully vaccinated nationals of non-visa required countries under Executive Order No. 408 s. 1960 as amended, shall be allowed to enter the Philippines.
A total of 157 countries are considered visa free, including the United States of America, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Canada, UK, Malaysia, and Singapore.
Arriving tourists are required to present a passport valid for at least 6 months, and the required proof of vaccination against Covid-19.
Accepted proofs of vaccination are World Health Organization International Certificates of Vaccination and Prophylaxis, VaxCertPH, or national/state digital certificate of the foreign government which has accepted VaxCertPH under a reciprocal arrangement unless otherwise permitted by the IATF-MEID.
Additionally, according to the resolution, starting February 1, arriving passengers must submit a negative RT-PCR test valid for 48 hours prior to departure from country of origin.
Those fully vaccinated are no longer required to undergo facility-based quarantine, but shall self-monitor for 7 days. On the other hand, unvaccinated, partially vaccinated, and those whose vaccination status cannot be confirmed shall undergo the required quarantine protocols as implemented by the Bureau of Quarantine and the local government units.
Minors are exempted from providing proof of vaccination.
“The opening of our borders to foreign tourists is a welcome development,” said Morente. “We see this as a giant leap towards the rebound of the tourism and international travel sector,” he added.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Re: 2022 Travel To The Philippines

Postby jadegil6 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:14 pm

The Philippines has indeed reopened its borders to foreign tourists.
Tourists from 157 countries can now enter the Philippines without quarantine, as long as they are fully vaccinated, and have proof and a covid test within 48 hours of traveling.
30 day visas are available upon entry.
Please check out the Philippine Embassy website to ensure you can or have met the pre-arrival requirements.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby jadegil6 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:04 pm

At the time of this writing, tourist visas are available upon entry into the Philippines for visitors from 157 countries for 30 days.

One must have a One Health Pass completed with a QR code. I believe that part of this is proof of covid vaccinations.You can do a web search for One Health Pass Philippines, and find their website to register, etc.

One must have an ongoing ticket to leave the Philippines at the end of one's 30 day stay. Extensions are available at one week prior to end of first visa. Just visit any Bureau of Immigration office in the Philippines.

One must have taken a covid test within 48 hours of arriving in the Philippines, and have proof of the results from that test. Instructions will also be found at the One Health Pass website.

Bon Voyage!
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby jadegil6 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:52 pm

Tourist Visa Requirements:
1. Proof of vaccination
2. Return ticket within 30 days
3. Negative PCR test within 48 hours of your plane leaving or negative antigen with 24 hrs
4. Prove of 35k usd covid insurance
5. One health pass
6. More than 6 months left on your passport
7. A Filipino telephone number and place of residence is needed for the one health pass
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby jadegil6 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:13 pm

I landed in Manila on May 11, about 13 months ago.
I stayed around Quezon City, Luzon for a month, and then I flew to Kalibo, Aklan, and I stayed there for 3 weeks. I bought a used car when I was in Kalibo.
Then I drove through Capiz, and ended up in Iloilo City. I stayed there a week, and then went on by RORO ferry to Bacolod City, Negros Occidental. I stayed there for about 2 weeks, and then traveled through Negros, and eventually went to Cebu. I did not stay in Cebu because I have spent a lot of time in Cebu in the past. I caught another Roll On Roll Off ferry (the third one) from southern Cebu to go to Talbon, Bohol. I have traveled all around Bohol, and have been staying near Tagbilaran City recently.
I have been wanting to go to Negros again (to stay), but can't find a way to move all of my possessions that I have sent and stored in Bohol for the past 10 years. So unless or until I can find a way to transport all of my things, I am stuck in Bohol. I have been looking for a used container, but no luck thus far.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby jadegil6 » Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:17 pm

Hello again. The forum has been offline for a very long time. But with the help of Fabrizio, it is now back online. Thank you, Sir.

I am still in Bohol. I have been here for the last 2 years. I just spent the last week with no electricity. Life can be challenging at times, but something similar happened to me in Texas in 2022 when the power grid went down for a week. The difference was there it was winter and freezing cold with no heat, and here it has been hot as hell, and no fans or air conditioning. I will have to admit that the heat is worse.

But anyway.........I hope that some of you will return to the forum and start posting again. Maybe I will have a sweepstakes soon. Best wishes to all :)
jadegil6
Site Admin

Return to General Forum