Re: How is your life?

Postby crisipicada » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:13 pm

Today i feel better, just walk for 4 miles. :D
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:15 pm

crisipicada wrote:Today i feel better, just walk for 4 miles. :D

Sometimes it is easier to walk more, and then sometimes you have to settle for less, huh?

I ran out of computer paper this morning printing a manual for a wireless, so I got my exercise out looking for boxes of computer paper I bought a few years ago. I knew pretty well where it was at, but I had to move a number of things and boxes to get at it. Then I put it in the other reefer trailer where I can get at it easier. When I don't need something right away I lose track and then have to look for it until I find it. :)
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:48 am

I am glad that I found that computer paper because our daughter from by Spokane, Washington told me on the phone that they had run out of computer paper. I had a box of paper, but when we thought we were moving I loaded it on the reefer trailer. Because it was buried, and we couldn't get at it, I ordered another box of computer paper. A truck ran over that box, and they told me to keep it and they would send me more. A truck ran over that box too, but by this time I had lots of paper that was hardly damaged. Most of the damage was to the box containing the paper. I gave paper away to two of our daughters, and one just asked for more. When I found the paper I put it where it was easier to get at, so now I will take that daughter 2 more reahms (sp?) of paper.

Our 17 year old granddaughter who is living with us had a lap top that the dog chewed up her chord and power supply, so I got them on ebay really reasonable. When we powered it up we found the back light was out. It also had missing keys. The computer store guy told us it would cost almost as much to repair it as to buy another computer, so I found a place that sold damaged equipment, and we got her (she is going to pay me back) a very nice computer for about half the cost because they said it was scratched and dented. We got the computer today, and you have to look really close to see anything was wrong with it, so she was very happy.

I had wireless adapters in two computers because that is what we had to use when we lived in the Stehekin Valley. They have come out with Linksys N which is faster a more powerful than the G that came before. G is what my adapters were, and also G was about half the cost of N, and so I got a wireless setup for our house pretty reasonable considering we already had the wireless adapters. I hooked the wireless router up today, so now Carol's computer is on the internet, and our granddaughter can get on the internet with the wireless with her laptop computer. I finished off the evening by helping unload our 1200 gallon water holding tank, and helping to shovel enough dirt back in the ditch over the pipe in the road, so that the road could be opened up. I think I forgot to eat dinner so supper tasted really good. It was potato and carrot stew with beef stew bones in it. Then we had homemade icecream from our Jersey cow,and some sticky buns that our daughter made for us this morning. I got to play the piano for a while this afternoon, so it was a very good day. Now I need to get to bed as Carol has an eye doctor's apppointment in the morning, at 8 am, and it takes one hour to get there from here. She broke her glasses not long ago, and they didn't get her lenses back in correctly, so she has not seen the same since. Hopefully she will see better when they get new lenses in her frames.
Edwin

Previous

Return to General Forum