Why did the Filipino cross the road?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Why did the Filipino cross the road?

Postby Chas » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:43 pm

This is an extract from an article I wrote for another website about my impressions from my first visit to the Philippines.
------------------------------------
It is interesting seeing how the locals cross the road. You get the dashers who make a run for it, perhaps the most dangerous method. You get those who cross gradually, a lane at a time with the traffic weaving round them. The school children will often cross a lane at a time in packs which makes it entertaining for the drivers as their lane disappears into a mass of humanity. The drivers are very disciplined, if two lanes need to swerve into the oncoming traffic to avoid pedestrians they do it in formation. The most amusing type crossing the road are the young ladies. They saunter across, bag casually on their shoulder, not obviously looking to left or right, but giving off a vibe "I am cool and looking hot" so traffic will move round me. I did wonder at what age this attitude stopped or if they only found out in hospital. Little old ladies, as everywhere, are a force to be reckoned with and hobble across the road with traffic good naturedly moving out the way.
--------------------------------------
How do you cross the road??
Chas

Re: Why did the Filipino cross the road?

Postby Edwin » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:11 am

This made me laugh the first time I saw this post because there is either a joke, or a story for little kids, and the title is Why Did the Chicken Cross the Road! Are you familiar with that one? Interesting! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:15 am

On a more serious note, my brother-in-law's mother was hit and killed while crossing the road either in South Africa, or Australia, and now I can't remember which. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Edwin

Postby m&m » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:07 pm

Actually, this is the 3rd life God gave me. One time while crossing the road, i did not look at the other road while crossing becuase i know that i was a one way road so no other vehicle must cross that road. Sad to say that a vehicle cross that road and one foot of mine was run over by a trycycle. I am so glad that God protect me and i was totally hit by that vehicle. The 3rd one was when the bus lost its break and i was on my way to CDO. It was raining and the bus can't stop, passengers shout aloud and we were so nervous, so later on the bus hit the big tree and we stop. thanks be to God we are safe.
An intimate relationship w/ God must b our highest priority. When U hav right or poor relationship w/Him,out of that relationshp flows everything else in our life. Thus, your relationship to Him determines how you live your life. It all relates to that
m&m

Postby Edwin » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:34 am

m&m wrote:Actually, this is the 3rd life God gave me. One time while crossing the road, i did not look at the other road while crossing becuase i know that i was a one way road so no other vehicle must cross that road. Sad to say that a vehicle cross that road and one foot of mine was run over by a trycycle. I am so glad that God protect me and i was totally hit by that vehicle. The 3rd one was when the bus lost its break and i was on my way to CDO. It was raining and the bus can't stop, passengers shout aloud and we were so nervous, so later on the bus hit the big tree and we stop. thanks be to God we are safe.

I am thankful God protected you. Sometimes we suffer some injury that could have been much worse. The Angels of the Lord encamp round about those who fear Him. :) :) :) :)
Edwin

Return to General Forum