Email from Orphanage

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Email from Orphanage

Postby jadegil6 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:25 pm

I received another email today from Manny Maglasang, who is the Center Administrator of the orphanage. A little over one year ago, I built a website for the orphanage to try to promote their cause, and in hopes that other people would find the site and help the children. Apparanntly the news organization found their site online, and came to visit the maglasang home on June 12th. They have posted a video on youtube, and I am going to post that URL here so that those of you who wish to view it may do so. That link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGS6sE-DjAw
If the link does not work directly from this post, then you can copy and paste it into your browser and then hit the search button. But please be sure to return to the Forum afterwards.

Here is the email that I received:

Hello Mic, how are you? the interview of ABS-CBN to me last June 12, 2010 I think it was a good news for us, because we are now in U tube Please....open this and search.....bandila astig...you can see me and the kids. then the Filipino people in Australia, called me the otlher day they ask me a letter, address to their Organization in Australia, although there is no promesis yet but hopefully they help the Orphanage, so Mic, thank you so much for making this website and spending your own money just to help me, this is a big help. So Mic, again thank you and God Bless
Manny

If any of you can help with donations, that would be wonderful. The donations have been very slow to come in lately, and I have only received $30 in donations in the past 30 days.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby crisipicada » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:46 am

I watch the video, i am so deeply touch by the heart of the Mr. Manny. I am so happy that there are people who extend help for others especially the children. We will continue to pray for the children always and the orphanage.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby ms.sin17 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:22 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGS6sE-DjAw

I have also seen the video. It had also touched my heart about Mr. Manny`s management to the children as well as the care and understanding of his wife too.. :cry: For those who did not understand the report of Mr. Henry Omaga Diaz.. He reported that, "Happy and full of Love: This is the family of Manuel Maglasang. Mr. Manuel has 4 children of his own. The other 18 orphaned children[anak-anakan] dont have parents and some were abandoned by their own parents. For the past 10 years, Mr. Manuel had already been the father of those children, he had also been raising the children as well as for the studies of the children. Those children came from Philippines Children Orphanage in Danao City, Cebu that was raised by Mr. Manuel in the year 2000. Just recently, the orphanage has been closed so he decided to stay the children in his own home. Mr. Manny explained that he doesn't want the orphans that live in there house experience the same sufferings that he had experienced. Mr. Manny became a street child and was working in the streets until he was adopted by a good family.. Now, Mr. Manny is trying to help the orphans to have a brighter future. He is ready to be a father not only for his children but as well as to the children who needs love and care from a parent.."

The flashed subtitle in the video["DATING ULILA, NAG-AARUGA NG MGA BATANG WALANG MAGULANG"] also means "PAST ORPHAN, CARING THOSE CHILDREN THAT DO NOT HAVE PARENTS ANYMORE"

Please, correct me if I am wrong with my translations crispi, sissy chachay & etc. My apology if I am wrong.. I am just trying to make our friends understand the tagalog report in the video.. Though I cannot help in their financial matters but they are included in my prayers.. Let`s help the children more..

God Bless!
Everything eLse that is happening in the earth is tempOrary, yOu cOnsider, everything that is gOing On is just Vanity. . .
ms.sin17

Postby Chas » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:07 pm

Many thanks for the translation. Much appreciated.
Chas

Postby purex » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:40 pm

It is great that you interpret what has transpired on the report. It is nice to know that a lot of people will learn more about the orphanage. I do hope that they will extend help for the children at streets. Mr. Manny indeed has a golden heart for the children. To all the people who support May God Bless you More in your endeavor. :P
Wn God knows yor READY 4 D rsponsibility of comitment,He'l reveal D ryt prson undr Hs tym& ryt circumstnces.Wait patiently,Dont waste Ur tym srching& wshing.Grow& b redy &yo'l see.God wl giv U a lov story far betr than U cud ever dreamed
purex

Postby jadegil6 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:36 pm

Here are the latest happenings with the orphanage:
July 3, 2010
To: Michael B.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Mic, how are you? our kids are not everybody fine because three of them has been admitted to hospital for fever, but one of them rolled out of dengue fever so I decided to transfer to a bigger Hospital in Cebu Province for further management a few hours ago, and two of them where left here in Danao Dist. Hospital. So I am hoping and praying that we have already a little financial assistance. thank you and God Bless.
Manny
*******************************************************************************************************************

I have received $50.00 in donations through PayPal in the past 2 months. I also received 20 euros through the mail from a man in Romania I mailed the euros to Manny. I sent him $450.00 on July 6th through Western union to help pay for the medical expenses for the three girls with dengue fever.
**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Another email on July 13:

To: Michael B
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Mic, yes thanks God that all of them will be recovered they are all fine, we have only 12 kids now because we discharge 6 kids returned to their nearest relative, and about me I am fine too but my wife always feel tired because of her sugar is very high and I am afraid of her kidney will be affected.
You know Mic, yesterday we were called by the City Government they question us about my interview of the ABS-CBN and they question the Group why the kids were being live at my owned house, and they told me that putting the kids at my owned house is illegal, but the group tell them it is only temporary until we can build our own building, and the argument ended when one of our donor arrived Hon, Boying Rodriguez a former City Counselor of Danao City, offer a house for temporary shelter of our kids, and maybe we can transfer again anytime from now. and by the way my freind the euro you sent me I got 1,120 Php. so Mic, if you can extend your Organization here in the Philippines it's fine I am happy we will work together because we have the same cause. so again thank you so much and God Bless.

Manny
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
It appears that the publicity from the news channel has caused some problems for the orphanage. The Government is saying that Manny cannot keep the children in his own home. Isn't that special how they Government does not care about the children But it would be totally acceptable for the Government to throw the children out into the streets to fend for themselves, like thousands of other children all over the Philippines are doing.

:x :x :x :x
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby crisipicada » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:21 pm

"Ang kabataan and pag-asa ng bayan", this is what Jose Rizal said. Jose Rizal is the National Hero of the Philippines. He said, "children/young people are the hope of the fatherland". If that is so, why leaders of the country did not give any importance and help those who are in the streets and those who abandoned by family? Why are there many children who can't eat 3 times a day and has nothing to care for? :( :(
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:12 am

crisipicada wrote:"Ang kabataan and pag-asa ng bayan", this is what Jose Rizal said. Jose Rizal is the National Hero of the Philippines. He said, "children/young people are the hope of the fatherland". If that is so, why leaders of the country did not give any importance and help those who are in the streets and those who abandoned by family? Why are there many children who can't eat 3 times a day and has nothing to care for? :( :(

For sure the children are very important, and the city government should be happy someone is willing to have these children in their home to care for them! :) :) :) :)
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:04 pm

Yes, the government should be happy. They must remain positive.
crisipicada

Previous

Return to General Forum