Change your diet now!

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Postby Edwin » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:07 am

m&m wrote:It is better to ear vegetables and fruits to have a healthy body. No other best doctor in the world but our immune system. To strengthen our immune system, we need to eat variety of fruits and vegetables. according to the doctors, we need to eat more than 10 kinds of fruits and vegetables to have a strong immune system. Also do some exercise at least 30 minutes a day. :P

Ten kinds of fruits and vegetables and exercise, and that is good! :) :) :) :)
Edwin

Re: Change your diet now!

Postby erwin » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:02 am

Good if lots of money to buy those fruits and vegetables.
erwin

Postby chaychay644 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:36 pm

There are times when i feel like i am gaining a lot of weight and needs to control my eating habits..yeah, i must admit i like eating..lol..

but, whenever m on diet i just had milk and oatmeal in the evening..and it helps a lot to lose my weight.. :) :) :)
chaychay644

Postby Edwin » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:37 am

chaychay644 wrote:There are times when i feel like i am gaining a lot of weight and needs to control my eating habits..yeah, i must admit i like eating..lol..

but, whenever m on diet i just had milk and oatmeal in the evening..and it helps a lot to lose my weight.. :) :) :)

I know what you mean, Chaychay! I started out so thin, and I stayed thin for many, many years all of the time eating anything and everything that I wanted. For a lot of my life I have been very active, and also I must have had a very high metabolism rate. I was so thin the kids made fun of me and one other boy in school in my grade. Even when I was 30 years old or so I weighed just over 150 pound with a six foot tall body. From then on I started gaining weight so slowly that no one seemed to notice, and I didn't think about it much. Then a few years ago my wife started telling me that my stomach was dropping over my belt. I kind of ignored her statements. By this time I was between 195 and 200 pounds. I started realizing that I was headed for problems. I don't like the implications of being an overweight person, since for so much of my life I was very thin and muscular. I started eating nothing but salads, and that helped me to started dropping the pounds, as well as the work that I was doing. When we moved here I had so much work that I had to do to move out of a house, plus repairing that house, and working on our house that we are living in that I lost a quite a bit of weight, so that my pants were difficult to keep up. Then the holidays approached and I ate more candy and deserts, while sitting around a lot during the winter months that we were visiting our kids, and I packed more weight on more quickly than you could believe. We went back to where we had lived for ten years, and the district ranger made a comment about my weight gain in a joking manner. Then I realized how noticeable it was, so I decided that I had better do what I could to get it off. I cut down on eating peanut butter and honey while drinking milk late at night, and that helped. I am now just over 175 pounds and eating less. Also walking the dog anywhere from 3 to 5 miles each evening is helping to reduce weight while keeping my muscles toned up. I am having to work harder here lately too which helps. Milk and oatmeal is what I eat every morning. I like that and it is good for a person's health. I like to eat also, and I always have. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby tom » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:28 pm

my dad eats his oatmeal and grapefruit every morning.... and he is still active and alert at age 90 :D ...
    he also eats LOTS of home-grown collard greens :) ... some nutrition doctors teach that our bodies use a particular nutrient from cruciferous vegetables (collards, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbages, etc.) to manufacture a very powerful endogenous anti-oxidant known as glutathione... so maybe it is eating the collard greens, more than eating the oatmeal, that is blessing him :D ...
    whatever the reasons, i'm thankful he is still alive and "independently Healthy" :D ...
Image"Weep not! Behold! the Lion of the tribe of Judah is victorious... and His kingdom will never end." (rev.5; luke 1:30-33;isaiah 9:6-7,11:1-10)
tom

Postby stanley » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:25 pm

Good diet are rich in fiber. My diet includes apples, grapes and fresh milk. I crave burger and French fries but now i limit those because it is not healthy.
stanley

Postby Edwin » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:19 pm

stanley wrote:Good diet are rich in fiber. My diet includes apples, grapes and fresh milk. I crave burger and French fries but now i limit those because it is not healthy.

Too many burgers and French fries are definately not good. Over indulgence in meat products is not the best, and often times the French fries have too much grease in them to be good. :) :) :) :)
Edwin

Postby bachuichui » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:11 pm

Edwin wrote:
stanley wrote:Good diet are rich in fiber. My diet includes apples, grapes and fresh milk. I crave burger and French fries but now i limit those because it is not healthy.

Too many burgers and French fries are definately not good. Over indulgence in meat products is not the best, and often times the French fries have too much grease in them to be good. :) :) :) :)

yes.. there was a research for that.. it it one of the 10 most unhealthy foods in the world..
and this will cause to cancer..

ohhh.. i love to eat burger and french fries.. :(
i think i have to limit to eat this foods..
bachuichui

Postby Edwin » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:39 am

bachuichui wrote:
Edwin wrote:

yes.. there was a research for that.. it it one of the 10 most unhealthy foods in the world..
and this will cause to cancer..

ohhh.. i love to eat burger and french fries.. :(
i think i have to limit to eat this foods..

I love to eat them too, and I think most people do, but it is good to know the truth about them and eat less of them.

Some times in the evening especially Carol is not sure what she wants to cook or eat, so I eat peanut butter and honey and drink milk, and she eats cheerios and milk. This was one of those evenings. It was getting later and later, about 30 minutes from the time that I take Scoobie the big dog for a walk, so I asked her if I should eat peanut butter and honey, and she told me yes, so I got the peanut butter jar which is about gone, and all the oil has been eaten, but I have a lot more as we just bought some. The honey was crystalized, and I really like it that way, but I had to use a knife to get the honey out in order to eat it. I usually take a spoon full of peanut butter, a spoon full of honey, and then I drink a gulp of milk. I do that until the milk is almost gone out of my glass. Then I put the honey and peanut butter away and finish drinking the milk. I like it well enough that I am glad to let her skip cooking anytime, and it is really good food. We eat pretty healthily, and Carol has to be careful with what she eats because of being a diabetic. She does really well, but she should walk more than she does. It has been hot for us here lately, and the heat really bothers her, so I walk to get the mail for her when it is really hot. The heat or the cold doesn't bother me.
Edwin

Postby John Mussah » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:03 pm

Thank God for this topic. I wish to remind all that mankind's original diet from God did not include any flesh or meat at all. Man's original diet was fruits and vegetable (Genesis 1:29). We bring a whole lot of disease upon ourselves because we fail to follow God's instruction for our diet. If 85 to 90% of the world will go back to the original diet, we will need less medical doctors and human suffering of all kinds of sicknesses will also be minimized.

Besides, flesh eating creates some animal characteristics within us. This is why people are more violent now a day: sexual violent, fighting, killing, brutality, and variety of crimes. These are all animal behaviours. How can we make this world a better place if we have come down to the level of the low-class animals. Please abstain from flesh food of any kind and obtain good health and longevity - the only true secret to a very good health and long life among the rest.

John K. Mussah
jmussah@yahoo.com
Monrovia, Liberia - West Africa
John Mussah

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum