Trip to the Philippines, Story and Pictures

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Trip to the Philippines, Story and Pictures

Postby Edwin » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:53 am

My trip expected trip to the Philippines is getting closer all the time! :D :D I am going with a couple of good friends of ours. We will, I think, fly to Manila after which we will fly to Dumaugete City, and after that we will go to Amlan where these friends are having their family build them a house. From there I'm not sure what is going to happen. I will stay with our friends part of the time, and then my brother-in-law who lives on Guimaras Island with his wife will come to get me from there. I'm not sure how long I will stay with Carol's brother and his wife, and how long I will stay with our friends at their place. We will leave here October 16th and return here October 31st. If I were just going on my own for other reasons I would try to stay a little longer, but this is our friend's vacation, and I am going with him and his wife, so I am fitting into their schedule. Maybe next time I will stay longer, we will see. I think this is really going to be fun, and I am looking forward to the trip. I wish my wife Carol were going along to, and our friends and her brother badly wanted her to come, but she is terrified of flying. I don't know how she ever managed to fly over there in 2006. I think she about had a nervous breakdown. I piloted small Cessna airplanes years ago as a hobby pilot. I stopped that once I realized I was spending too much money, and I wasn't rich enough to own an airplane, so after about 150 hours or so I stopped piloting the airplanes. I have flown a couple of trips within the U.S.A. One trip to New Mexico, and another to Louisiana, so flying doesn't bother me. Al said that his wife Claire who is a filipina prays while they are flying especially taking off and landing, so I will pray with them. It is not much more than three months away, and I can't wait! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D
Last edited by Edwin on Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edwin

Re: Trip to the Philippines

Postby Chas » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:43 am

I hope to be there last week in October to mid November. I have still to book my flights so plans may yet change.

Don't forget that the luggage allowances on the internal Manila to Dumaguete flight are often a lot less than the International flight to Manila. I recommend you check out the allowances on the web to avoid an expensive shock at Manila if they charge excess baggage on the domestic flight.

Have a great time.
Chas

Postby Edwin » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:55 am

Chas wrote:I hope to be there last week in October to mid November. I have still to book my flights so plans may yet change.

Don't forget that the luggage allowances on the internal Manila to Dumaguete flight are often a lot less than the International flight to Manila. I recommend you check out the allowances on the web to avoid an expensive shock at Manila if they charge excess baggage on the domestic flight.

Have a great time.

Thanks, Chas! :) :) :) :)
Edwin

Postby chaychay644 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:01 pm

I can sense that your very excited with your upcoming trip..I do wish that you and your friends will have a blast here in the PI during your stay..have fun bro..:)
chaychay644

Postby Edwin » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:11 am

chaychay644 wrote:I can sense that your very excited with your upcoming trip..I do wish that you and your friends will have a blast here in the PI during your stay..have fun bro..:)

I am very excited, and I'm sure we will have a blast when we come, and thanks sis! :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby stanley » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:05 am

i am still trying to figure out coming to the Philippines. :D
stanley

Postby Chas » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:52 am

stanley wrote:i am still trying to figure out coming to the Philippines. :D

Stop figuring and do it - you will have a great time. Just booked my flights to go back.
Chas

Postby wantingmore » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:40 pm

Wow good for you. Not find yet my future wife.
wantingmore

Postby Chas » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:59 pm

wantingmore wrote:Wow good for you. Not find yet my future wife.

No need to wait for a 'future wife'. Just go and have a fantastic holiday there. Get a feel for the country.
Chas

Postby chaychay644 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:21 pm

wantingmore wrote:Wow good for you. Not find yet my future wife.

You'll find her soon..just keep on posting and who knows one day you'll meet her...
chaychay644

Next

Return to General Forum