How to acquire a Visa?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

How to acquire a Visa?

Postby suzette_1981 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:02 am

I have an american boyfriend who lives in Ohio.He is already old and he cannot visit here in the Philippines,because the doctor advised him not to travel to another country.

But he want me to go there in the states to be with him.But the problem is what kind of visa that maybe i can apply? Or what is the first move im gonna do? What is the best way so that i can go there?

I hope,i can hear soon maybe advise or a suggestions...
suzette_1981

Re: How to acquire a Visa?

Postby like petite » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:16 am

It's not easy, unless you thry to get a fiance visa, The US embassy in Manila is extremely strick in granting visas to filipinas. Too manyTNT there already. Some wil marry and as soon as they get their green card, they dump the poor guy for a younger one or one with ore moeny
like petite

Postby wildermess » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:53 pm

All the information you need is here; http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis
If you ask on informal forums like this one you will not get accurate information. If you make any mistakes in the process you may be denied for life. Be honest, careful and good luck :)
The best secret I know is that there is beauty everywhere if you know where to look.
wildermess

Postby SeekingMyAsawa » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:54 pm

suzette_1981 wrote:I have an american boyfriend who lives in Ohio.He is already old and he cannot visit here in the Philippines,because the doctor advised him not to travel to another country.

If you have never met him, he is a pen pal, NOT a boyfriend. Keep that in mind. You want him to be your boyfriend and someday your husband, and he may want the same thing, but there is a long road between where you are and where you want to be.

You raise a red flag about his health. If he is too old to travel, will he be healthy enough to be a husband for you, and if so, for how long?

It may be easier for you both to meet in Canada, perhaps Toronto. This is close enough to Ohio that he could make the trip, and Canadian visas may be easier for you to get. You can visit Niagara Falls and spend some time together.

Good luck!
SeekingMyAsawa

Postby cutegen » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:16 pm

they say that it is very hard for a filipina to get a fiancee visa to usa if the guy havent met you yet...is it true?
cutegen

Postby chaychay644 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:45 am

cutegen wrote:they say that it is very hard for a filipina to get a fiancee visa to usa if the guy havent met you yet...is it true?

yeah, its true..u can't get a fiancee visa unless you haven't meet in person yet..coz there are lots of requirements in processing the said visa..you'll need to have pictures together, airline tickets, hotel receipts, copies of your chats, telephone records if he used to call you..in your case, it would be impossible to have those unless he made necessary documentation..
chaychay644

Postby crisipicada » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:30 pm

I have an american boyfriend who lives in Ohio.He is already old and he cannot visit here in the Philippines,because the doctor advised him not to travel to another country.

But he want me to go there in the states to be with him.But the problem is what kind of visa that maybe i can apply? Or what is the first move im gonna do? What is the best way so that i can go there?

I hope,i can hear soon maybe advise or a suggestions..

May i ask you? How long have you been communicate by your BF? IT is hard to believe someone who is on the other side of the world unless he visits you and take time to be together in your family. I advise you take time to know each other better.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby red » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:43 pm

suzette_1981 wrote:I have an american boyfriend who lives in Ohio.He is already old and he cannot visit here in the Philippines,because the doctor advised him not to travel to another country.

It happened to me long long time ago. You will be denied for US visa unless the guy should come here to see you in person. Like for fiancee visa, one requirement is proof of visit...like pictures being together and plane ticket of the guy for coming to Phils., and etc.
Let the guy visit you and before you even consider to commit...make sure you know him better...and for him to make sure of his decision. :) God Bless.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby red » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:48 pm

Other options would be tourist visa...but wow, bihira lang yan kung swertehen...its not easy to get it. You have to have property here like real property show to US embassy your title of property or business permit. And bank account to show them that you are rich...hahaha...that you can afford to go to the US.

Just look on the website of US embassy Manila...for further infos.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby crisipicada » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:06 am

red wrote:

Other options would be tourist visa...but wow, bihira lang yan kung swertehen...its not easy to get it. You have to have property here like real property show to US embassy your title of property or business permit. And bank account to show them that you are rich...hahaha...that you can afford to go to the US.

Just look on the website of US embassy Manila...for further infos.

Yes, it is so hard to acquire visa unless you have working visa
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Next

Return to General Forum