What will your wedding and honeymoon be like?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

What will your wedding and honeymoon be like?

Postby Edwin » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:03 am

The day of our wedding I operated a combine, thrashing wheat all day, and I was late for our wedding pictures, making Carol wonder if I had second thoughts and skipped out, which I didn't. She didn't know that generally I was late for everything. I am part Indian; a small part though. Our wedding was at 8 p.m., and so by the time we finished, dealt with gifts, etc, we were a little late getting on the road. When we planned our wedding we didn't think about it being Labor Day weekend, so there were no motel or hotel vacancies. We drove and checked for vacancies, until we finally gave up and just drove. We drove until we were so tired that we couldn't drive any further, and we spent our honeymoon night on Bluet Pass in a Volkswagon bug. I was too tired to care, but Carol was embarrassed. The next morning we drove to Goldendale Washington which was my father's home country, and stayed in a motel. Then we drove a few miles from there to my aunt and uncle's place where we spent a couple of days, after which we headed for California, where my older sister and family lived in a suburb of Los Angeles. The starter switch stopped working, and after that we had to push that bug every time we wanted the motor to run. We had to turn off the motor while filling with gasoline, so Carol would push from behind, I would push at the driver's door, and then jump in, push it in gear, let out the clutch, and it most always started.

We stayed in one motel just inside the California border, and Carol stayed in the motel while I went to look for some icecream and a scoop. I was a farm boy, and so it was fun to go through the store, and I looked at everything before buying the icecream and the scoop. Carol was worried that I got lost while walking and had trouble finding my way back. She was relieved when I did return. We stayed a couple of weeks with my older sister and her family, husband and three young girls, who grilled us about being married until it embarrassed Carol to death. My brother-in-law helped me find a switch, so that we could start the motor without pushing. While we were with them they took us to the Mexican part of Los Angeles, and showed us all the interesting places. We had a lot of fun with them, and then headed back home. Just as we left Los Angeles the starter switch stopped working again, and we pushed that bug every time we wanted to start the motor until we got to where we were going to live our first year of married life. I put another switch in it, and that switch worked as long as we had that car. Our first few months we lived in a church apartment as we were involved in the ministry of the church, and I was still attending Bible College. We had some interesting experiences, and that was a long time ago, 42 years ago! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Re: What will your wedding and honeymoon be like?

Postby m&m » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:01 pm

Very interesting topic. I can't figure out what would be my wedding or honeymoon because it seems that it is impossible for me to get married and maybe God wants me to be a nun :roll: :roll: :? :? :? .
An intimate relationship w/ God must b our highest priority. When U hav right or poor relationship w/Him,out of that relationshp flows everything else in our life. Thus, your relationship to Him determines how you live your life. It all relates to that
m&m

Postby Edwin » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:39 pm

m&m wrote:Very interesting topic. I can't figure out what would be my wedding or honeymoon because it seems that it is impossible for me to get married and maybe God wants me to be a nun :roll: :roll: :? :? :? .

You never know what God has in store. :) :) When Carol and I got married she was 27 years old and I was 23 years old. :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:56 pm

Edwin wrote:
m&m wrote:Very interesting topic. I can't figure out what would be my wedding or honeymoon because it seems that it is impossible for me to get married and maybe God wants me to be a nun :roll: :roll: :? :? :? .

You never know what God has in store. :) :) When Carol and I got married she was 27 years old and I was 23 years old. :D :D

wow really?
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:47 pm

Carol said that she wanted someone young to drive her around when she got old. It was a joke! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby m&m » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:56 pm

All i can say is that: Virginity is my greatest gift i can give to my husband. And that's what my teacher in highschool reminds us to keep pure and give the precious girt to your husband.Many say that virgin one are those who are passionate than those who have experience. Well, i will know that when i am ready to be tied with my love. God wants us to bless all we desire that pleases Him. Give Him your pure heart and soul to God. He knows what is best for us.
An intimate relationship w/ God must b our highest priority. When U hav right or poor relationship w/Him,out of that relationshp flows everything else in our life. Thus, your relationship to Him determines how you live your life. It all relates to that
m&m

Postby Tigger82d » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:32 pm

m&m wrote:All i can say is that: Virginity is my greatest gift i can give to my husband. And that's what my teacher in highschool reminds us to keep pure and give the precious girt to your husband.Many say that virgin one are those who are passionate than those who have experience. Well, i will know that when i am ready to be tied with my love. God wants us to bless all we desire that pleases Him. Give Him your pure heart and soul to God. He knows what is best for us.

My fiance is the same kind of lady that you are. She doesn't have much money so she has told me that her virginity is her expensive gift to me when we get married next year. I'm from America and have never met a lady quite like her, she has my full respect, and I love her very much for that.
Tigger82d

Postby cougarkharne » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:13 am

When ever it will be, I know it will be wonderfull :D :D :D

P. S. Who feels the same way as me ? ;) ;)
cougarkharne

Postby bluebird » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:07 am

What meaningful a man and a woman spend time together on their honeymoon
Where two hearts grow deeper as they give themselves during full moon;
What a wonderful bride and a wonderful groom after a long examination
While they go through a deep scrutiny if they have met expectation.

During the night where wind blows and stars shines witness the deep love
Of the two precious being God has made above;
In the shadow of moonlight where two becomes one and give love;
No one can fathom how much blissful two people being in love.

Oh, how irresistible that feelings can be felt on the day of where two become one
When the man becomes husband and the woman becomes wife;
The awaited day has come and no one can defy
Be happy and cherish every moment of life that every one desires.
bluebird

Postby Edwin » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:17 am

bluebird wrote:What meaningful a man and a woman spend time together on their honeymoon
Where two hearts grow deeper as they give themselves during full moon;
What a wonderful bride and a wonderful groom after a long examination
While they go through a deep scrutiny if they have met expectation.

During the night where wind blows and stars shines witness the deep love
Of the two precious being God has made above;
In the shadow of moonlight where two becomes one and give love;
No one can fathom how much blissful two people being in love.

Oh, how irresistible that feelings can be felt on the day of where two become one
When the man becomes husband and the woman becomes wife;
The awaited day has come and no one can defy
Be happy and cherish every moment of life that every one desires.

These are really nice poetic thoughts! :) :) :) :)
Edwin

Next

Return to General Forum