Dengue fever: a homopathic remedy

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Dengue fever: a homopathic remedy

Postby tom » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:07 am

wow... mae... that looks like an excellent and much less EXPENSIVE method for catching mosQUIToes :D ... hehehe.... if everyone did that, maybe there will be no more dengue and malaria someday :D ...
    yes, i have also read it is MOSTLY the carbon dioxide that attracts the mosquitoes :x
    and yes, it is also VERY important to try to empty all outside containers and standing water whenever possible :D ....
Image"Weep not! Behold! the Lion of the tribe of Judah is victorious... and His kingdom will never end." (rev.5; luke 1:30-33;isaiah 9:6-7,11:1-10)
tom

Postby Chas » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:46 am

Chas wrote:
tom wrote: if i visit, should i wait until a few months after the rainy season is finished?... i am a little concerned because mosquitoes seem to consider my "natural aroma" to be very attractive and desirable (i don't know why that is... does anyone know why?... my theory is: i secrete too many pheromones... hehehe)...... i can be outside in a yard with dozens of other people but, usually, most of the mosquitoes come to me first :lol:... when i first moved to where i now live, there were so many mosquitoes i couldn't go outside and pick tomatoes and vegetables without getting a dozen bites or more :x :( ... so i bought some "mosquito magnet" machines .... they are expensive to operate, but it has been a good investment :D ...

Like you I am a mosquito magnet. When I visited Cebu in early March I had no problems. I used a repellent with 50% deet in the evening. I think I ended up with 6 bites over the two weeks. I am currently intending to return in November. I cannot recall any hotel bed having or needing mosquito nets. I was always in air conditioned rooms and I do not know if that had an impact on mosquito numbers. In Africa I always had mosquito nets provided and had to take strong anti-malarials.

The doctor only recommended malaria tablets for my visit because I was visiting the Sugar Cane fields on Negros. Have a look at this site for advice.
[url]URL's are not allowed

Thanks for mentioning mosquito magnet machines. I googled them and may get one. I get fed up being bitten.

---------------------------------------
Ok - I will see if I can describe the site without giving the URL as people should find it useful. In particular the map of the Philippines showing where anti-malarials should be taken and where they are not considered necessary.

It is a UK Government site, specifically run by the National Health Service. It is called Fitfortravel as one word. Google it. It is updated regularly and gives good travel medical advice.
Chas

Postby purex » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:14 pm

tom wrote:
    wow... mae... that looks like an excellent and much less EXPENSIVE method for catching mosQUIToes :D ... hehehe.... if everyone did that, maybe there will be no more dengue and malaria someday :D ...
    yes, i have also read it is MOSTLY the carbon dioxide that attracts the mosquitoes :x
    and yes, it is also VERY important to try to empty all outside containers and standing water whenever possible :D ....

It is important to be thrifty because life is not easy :P :P :P :P . Yes it is less expensive method for catching mosquitoes. Many die because of dengue cases and most affected are children. Let your children keep away for wet and cold places. Try to clean the surroundings.
Wn God knows yor READY 4 D rsponsibility of comitment,He'l reveal D ryt prson undr Hs tym& ryt circumstnces.Wait patiently,Dont waste Ur tym srching& wshing.Grow& b redy &yo'l see.God wl giv U a lov story far betr than U cud ever dreamed
purex

Postby Edwin » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:35 pm

purex wrote:
tom wrote:

It is important to be thrifty because life is not easy :P :P :P :P . Yes it is less expensive method for catching mosquitoes. Many die because of dengue cases and most affected are children. Let your children keep away for wet and cold places. Try to clean the surroundings.

Where it is possible to keep from having standing water that helps, because the mosquitos breed in standing water. In this part of the country anyway during the heat of the day the mosquitos are less prevailant, and then in the cool of the evening, and into the night the mosquitos come out in full force. As far as I know we don't have to worry about mosquitos causing disease problems in this country, here anyway; they are just a disturbance as they are bitting you. Some the mosquitos hardly bother, while other get lots of bits. And some have reactions while other hardly suffer at all. That would be a big worry if you knew that in your area they could be disease carriers. :( :( :( :(
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:31 am

it has been raining for a month and it is a sad fact that there are dengue cases in every hospital infact hospitals are full loaded of dengue cases. please pray for fast recovery of the infected children and to everyone.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:41 am

crisipicada wrote:it has been raining for a month and it is a sad fact that there are dengue cases in every hospital infact hospitals are full loaded of dengue cases. please pray for fast recovery of the infected children and to everyone.

Yes, I will pray for them. :) :) :) :)
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:24 pm

Thank you so much for the concern and for praying for us.
For more information, keep a healthy body/immune system, for
prevention is better than cure :P
crisipicada

Postby stanley » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:01 am

Next time don't forget to use mosquitonet :D :D :D :D
stanley

Postby crisipicada » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:25 pm

This year, instead of a 3-month period of summer, the weather forecast says that there will be one month-summer. It means the two months period will be raining instead of dry season.

Because of that, the TV Patrol Local News, advertise the possibility of dengue cases increased. They also make some information drive how to prevent dengue and one is to clean up the surrounding and see to it to empty the containers from water.

Please be careful of the dengue outbreak in the Philippines.

Remember: PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!!!!!
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:43 pm

The mosquitoes where we live are harmless except for irritations. Some people are greatly bothered by them, some people swell up with reactions, other people just get lots of bites. The mosquitoes would eat my Dad alive, and never even bite my mother. Some thought it was her Indian blood that kept me from being bitten by the mosquitoes. They bother me a little more than they did my Mother, but not like they did my Dad. We have one daughter who swells when they bite her.

It is more than an irritation when those mosquitoes spread disease and even cause death. I saw this post before going to the Philippines, and then I forgot about it when we actually went. I don't think I got one bite, but I think the mosquitoes bit Al a number of times. I forgot all about this problem when I was in the Philippines. I think Prevention is better than the cure is good reasoning! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum