What is your weather/season like?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

What is your weather/season like?

Postby Edwin » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:57 pm

We just past one of the longest days in our year towards the end of June. It has been cold here for this time of the year. July is usually a very hot month! August can also be a hot month here, but sometimes in August the nights can start getting cool. Often times if we have a rain storm the first few days of August the nights will be cool from then on. When it is hot all day and all night it gets difficult to sleep, and then cool nights are inviting. It has been cool enough that not all the seeds came up in the garden. The ones that did come look good, and our daughter is replanting the ones that did not come up. We have airconditioning in our car, but none in our home. We had an airconditioner in a window last year, but the window has been replaced with a glass sliding door, so we don't have any good place to put an airconditioner. We are at 2800 feet elevation, so it is about 10 degrees cooler here than it is in the valley. When we go to town in the middle of the day we find out that it is really hot in town. We do have fans that we have not gotten out of our storage yet, and that may be a plan to keep the air moving. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Re: What is your weather/season like?

Postby Edwin » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:17 am

I got fans out of storage, and now we have air circulating! :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby chaychay644 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:03 pm

So far, the weather here in Catbalogan is good..its just cloudy and not so hot..
chaychay644

Postby Edwin » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:08 am

chaychay644 wrote:So far, the weather here in Catbalogan is good..its just cloudy and not so hot..

That is great! :) :)

When Carol's brother comes here, or on the coast, he is usually cold. He loves the weather where he lives in the Philippines, Guimaras Island. That's what Carol would like is cloudy and not so hot. The heat bothers her and so does the cold. I can have it either way myself. After very cold it feels nice to have it warm up, and after very hot it feels nice to have it cool down. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby m&m » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:08 pm

It's been raining here. yesterday there was an earthquake. I stay at home and just do my laundry. And now it is sunny day so i hope that my clothes will be dried up.
An intimate relationship w/ God must b our highest priority. When U hav right or poor relationship w/Him,out of that relationshp flows everything else in our life. Thus, your relationship to Him determines how you live your life. It all relates to that
m&m

Postby cougarkharne » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:46 am

This time of year is our summertime in the UK. We are supposed to have nice hot sunshine. Instead we have warm muggy weather, with rain showers often. Here in south Wales last Thursday and Friday, we had a typical heavy downpour of rain, just like we might have in winter, but it was so warm. Wear a jacket/coat to stay dry and you still get wet.. Typical UK weather. :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. Name something Wales is famous for :?: :?: :?:
cougarkharne

Postby Chas » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:05 am

cougarkharne wrote:P.S. Name something Wales is famous for :?: :?: :?:

Wales is a beautiful part of Great Britain, but whenever I go there it is always raining. Given this is a weather thread that has to be the answer. Maybe that is why Wales is known for its leeks. ;)
Chas

Postby cougarkharne » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:23 am

Well done chas, an excellent answer. :) :) Can you name something that Wales is more commonly known for? :lol: :lol: :lol:
cougarkharne

Postby Chas » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:26 pm

cougarkharne wrote: Can you name something that Wales is more commonly known for? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sheep, more sheep, Charlotte Church, Sheep, Dr Who, Sheep, Slate, Sheep, Male voice Choirs, Sheep, Coal/Iron, Sheep, Rhod Gilbert (brilliant Comedian), Sheep, fantastic scenery, Sheep, Castles, Sheep, Dylan Thomas, Sheep, Lloyd George, Sheep. Did I mention Sheep :lol: :lol:

40 years ago I might have said Rugby - sorry - not anymore :D
Chas

Postby cougarkharne » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:52 am

Do you have trouble sleeping Chas :) :) :) It would seem you spend a lot of your time counting sheep before you go to sleep :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. You are right about Rugby :lol: :lol: :lol:
cougarkharne

Next

Return to General Forum