Are you addicted to Watching TV?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Are you addicted to Watching TV?

Postby chaychay644 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:02 am

mymymy wrote:im only addicted to animes and korean drama!

I also love korean dramas ... :roll: :roll: :roll:
chaychay644

Postby Edwin » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:39 pm

We didn't have a television in our house when I was growing up. My parents considered it to be evil, and they would not allow it into the house. I used to stop on my way home from school by the neighbor's house to watch television. One afternoon my dad unexpectely came home from work while I was at the neighbor's house watching television. He called and sent word for I think it was my brother and I, maybe my sister I can't remember to come home. I thought I was going to get the double belted razor strap used on me, which happened occasionally, but all he said was get to the barn and get your chores done, and was I ever relieved! :roll: :) My brother brought a television to the house after we were grown, and they allowed it to not insult him as we wasn't around much. After he was gone my mom and dad move the television set out to the grainery where we ground and rolled grain feed for the cows.

After Carol and I were married we started having a television set in our house. We watch country western music shows, and a variety of programs. I became addicted and I watched far too much television for years. When we moved to the Stehekin Valley we only used our television for VCR tapes and DVDs. We house/dog sat for people there, and most of them had televisions, and we watched while we were at those places. We watch the Disney channel, and other like channels, as well as some church programs which we really enjoyed. We could not believe how many commercials you have to watch to watch a program, so we decided we didn't want to get the satellite television. We got weaned away from it, and we don't care to even watch the broadcast television. The DVDs and VHS tapes are good enough, and I don't even watch many of them. It is fun once in a while though. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:34 am

Not so addicted to television. Sorry not so interested
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:25 am

crisipicada wrote:Not so addicted to television. Sorry not so interested

We are not addicted or interested anymore. The kids and the grandkids are into movie watching, but we rarely watch one.
Edwin

Postby red » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:39 pm

Im addicted to tv. I am addict of watching CSI and other crime stories. I also like watching biography .... im nosy about other peoples personal lives...hahhahahaha...but to those famous people only. I like watching cartoons too my favorite Bugs BUnny..and Tom & Jerry..so many jerry here in the house i like to know what Tom's tricks to catch this lil Jerry...lol
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Chas » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:15 am

red wrote:Im addicted to tv. I am addict of watching CSI and other crime stories. I also like watching biography .... im nosy about other peoples personal lives...hahhahahaha...but to those famous people only. I like watching cartoons too my favorite Bugs BUnny..and Tom & Jerry..so many jerry here in the house i like to know what Tom's tricks to catch this lil Jerry...lol

The original CSI and CSI New York are excellent. CSI Miami is rubbish and relies on girls in bikinis for its ratings. Not sure if they are shown in the USA, but if you see them listed try Poirot, Foyles War or Frost. I have just watched the first episode of a new Sherlock Holmes, they have set it in the present day. It looks promising.
Chas

Postby red » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:18 am

Yes, i agree with you, Chas. I dont really like CSI:Miami. I fell in love with original CSI...just love it. I also like the NCIS but not LA. Makes my mind work alot when watching those shows...not just sitting watch entertained.
red

Postby cougarkharne » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:02 am

We all have to be honest here :D :D :D There are few of us who can say we do not like to watch TV quite a lot. What we need is a reality check to find out if we are addicted :lol: :lol: :lol:

ADDICTION
1. Do you spend most of your free time watching TV shows?
2. Are you Watching a lot of shows like Soap operas and Big Brother?
3. Do you feel you can not miss an episode?
4. Are you allways thinking about the shows?
5. You enjoy watching the adverts?
6. You would rather watch TV than go out with friends?
7. Are you rushing home to see your favourite shows?
8. You are allways talking about the shows with people?
9. You start forgetting things?
10. Are you feeling unwell a lot?

NO ADDICTION
1. Do you spend some free time watching TV if you have nothing else to do?
2. Are you watching a lot of shows that are not like a soap opera or big brother?
3. Do you prefer to watch films than shows?
4. Are you thinking about other things not related to TV?
5. Adverts are really boring?
6. If had choice you go out with friends instead of watch TV?
7. If your show is starting, you do not rush home?
8. You might sometimes talk about your shows or a film you seen?
9. Your memory is as good as it has allways been?
10. You are as fit/or fitter as allways?

How many have you answered YES or NO? :D :D :D

P.S. TV is best for watching films more than anything else :lol: :lol: :lol:
cougarkharne

Postby red » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:55 pm

To make it short ..... whats your top of the list on your hobbies? For me, it is watching tv. If i cant find some interesting shows on tv I would switch on watching films on dvd. Playing card games would be a second from watching tv, reading books is the least of the hobbies nowadays makes me sleep easy lol
Last edited by red on Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
red

Postby red » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:57 pm

I hate to say addicted..sounds sick isnt it. :lol:
red

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum