Moderator: youngj

Re: Are you addicted to Watching TV?

Postby erwin » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:27 am

What's the latest movie today?
Salt on its trailer is a good movie.
erwin

Postby red » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:59 pm

Yes it is,,,,waiting to watch it in cenima. ;)
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:33 am

I used to be addicted to television but not any more. When we moved in 1998 we got away from watching television. We might watch DVDs or VHSs, but we don't have a television connection of any kind by choice. Playing the piano is a top hobby, and also I spend from 8:30 p.m. until dark walking the dog, and the other dog walks along too. I spend a quite a bit of time hauling water for our house, and that may end this fall with water being plumbed into the house. Then we spend a quite a bit of time hauling the grandkids around too. There are projects that need to be done constantly. Rest and relaxation is important too. :roll: :roll: :D :D :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Mon May 16, 2011 3:36 am

no i am not addicted, but if my nephews watch movie at home i love to watch too especially action one. :P :P :P :P :P
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Mon May 16, 2011 9:15 am

Before we moved about 13 years ago we had the television reception from the antanaes that got their signal from a reflector on a mountain top. When I was growing up we didn't have a television in our house as my Dad considered it to be evil. I watched it at my brother's house as I worked for my brother, and lived with him and his family most of the summers, working on his wheat farm. Then I went through a time when I was in Bible College that I agreed with my Dad, thinking it was evil, so I didn't even watch it at my brother's house. Then when we got married my wife, Carol, had a television, so I started watching it again. Some things we watched were good, entertaining, and benefitial, but others were a waste of time. Until we moved I watched television many times when I should have been doing other things. After we moved we watched movies, DVDs & VHSs, and when we house/dog set for people we would watch their television, and that was fun, but we decided then that we didn't care to have television reception again. Our granddaughters watch movies when they are around, and sometimes Carol will watch it with them. I spend my time playing the piano, on the internet, or working, as well as walking my big dog. I feel like now my times is spent with more worthwhile things to do. I could enjoy watching some movies, but I really don't care about spending the time to watch them. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Tue May 17, 2011 9:16 pm

last night we watch IP MAN movie at home but did not finish it because i feel tired and time for me to go to bed so not so much in tv or movie i am not addicted to it
:P :P :P :P
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:12 am

We have come full circle with the television. When I was growing up it was considered a sin to watch television. My Dad was not in favor of it at all. I did sneak to the neighbors, and I watched some 1950s television, and my Dad came home unexpectely. A call came telling us to get home now!!!! We thought we were in bad trouble, but Dad just said, "Get to the barn and take care of the cows!" So I felt very relieved. After I was out of high school my brother brought a television to the ranch where we lived. My Dad didn't say anything, but after he was gone it got moved out to where we ground grain for the cows. I watched all kinds of television at my older brother's place because he had the television. I lived with him and my sister-in-law while I was working for him driving tractor, combine in the fields and building fense. I watched Lawrence Welk and some other programs there. I went through a stage while I was in Bible College that I thought watching television was wrong. So while working for my brother I would not watch it even if every one else was watching it. When I got married, Carol, my wife had a television, so I got started watching Western Music programs on television; Johnny Cash shows, Hee Haw, Perry Como, and some church television programs; Old Time Gospel Hour; Jerry Falwell, with Doug Oldham singing. We watched lots of television; I watched more than Carol did, and then we moved to Stehekin where television was not convinient. We watched VHSs and DVDs periodically. Then when we dog/house sat for people we would watch there television, and I watched it more than Carol did. I watched a lot of church programs; Billy Graham, Bill Gaither Christian Music programs, and others. In the 3 years since we have lived here I have watched very few movies, VHSs, DVDs. The kids watch them a lot, and Carol watches them with the kids sometimes. I now spend most of my free time playing the piano, and then I spend some time here, and on VisaJourney just for the fun of it. I would rather play hymns/church songs on the piano than to spend my time watching television. There are some good things on television however, like history programs, nature programs, travel programs, disney programs, and national geographic programs. I think television could be a worthwhile hobby for someone, and I wouldn't condemn anyone who said that their hobby was watching television. However my hobby is the piano for now, and I should be playing my trombones, but eventually I will. I played them for many years, and I can still play them, but the piano is my concentration for now. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:49 am

I get bored watching Television especially when it is not action one. I love to watch action movie. I want to watch movie but mostly are bad news around the world so I do not want to be affected so i stop watching. Not addicted anyway.
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:26 am

I like the romantic movies with good stories. The television in our country has too many long commercials. We just have a television, VCR and DVD players. I seldom watch anything. I did watch "Cheaper by the Dozen II" not long ago and it was pretty funny. Steve Martin in that movie used no bad language, and there were no gross scenes that some of his movies are noted for. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:22 am

Watching television can be an addiction, or it can be fun depending on the amount of time we spend, and if we neglect more important things in favor of favor of watching television. I enjoyed watching the news and nature programs as well as disney, history, and a few like that. :roll: :roll:
Edwin

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum