Hotel Recommendations Wanted

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Hotel Recommendations Wanted

Postby Chas » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:41 am

jadegil6 wrote:I would advise you to NOT get angry with any taxi drivers, or cause a scene because that could lead to undesired consequences. You can ask them if they have a meter. If they say no, then you can negotiate a price to go to a certain destination before you leave in the taxi. It is much easier if you have a local with you to assure that you will not get taken advantage of. You can find a "guide" or "companion" to travel around with you for a modest fee, to assure that you remain safe. But you should also remember that a taxi driver has to pay for all of his gas and repairs, so he does need to make a profit for his services. Tipping is appreciated, and is customary.

Thanks for this. I tend not to be the violent type and am certainly careful when a guest in another country. I work on the basis that in any trouble the local police will side with the locals. I am assuming the hotel reception will help and will guide me towards a guide (sorry, could not resist it :oops: ). On Negros, when searching for remains of sugar cane railways to photograph I hope to hire a knowledgeable driver for two or three days.
Chas

Postby m&m » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:09 pm

jadegil6 wrote:I rented a car and driver in Cebu City in August of 2008 to go to Negros Oriental for 3 days. I paid 3000 pesos per day, excluding gas. The car was a new, 4-door, mid-size sedan, and was comfortable, but not designed for any rough road/rugged terrain adventures. I rented it through a friend, and not from a company. Many hotels there do have rentals available.

The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board or LTFRB already implemented that all taxi or public utility taxi in the country must have meter with receipt issued to passenger and that was implemented last july this year. But of course you can negotiate if you wanted to.
An intimate relationship w/ God must b our highest priority. When U hav right or poor relationship w/Him,out of that relationshp flows everything else in our life. Thus, your relationship to Him determines how you live your life. It all relates to that
m&m

Postby Tigger82d » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:59 am

In Bohol I stayed at 2 real nice places. Bohol Tropics Resort and Metro Centre. You can do a check online and reserve for these two places. I was there back in July and it was around p2000 per night. Bohol Tropics is right on the ocean and has great views. I went for the cheap poolside room and it was still nice. Metro Centre is in the heart of the city so its walking distance to alot of places. Both are in Tagbilaran. If you're at the resort and you want to go just about anywhere, just get a tricycle. My fiance is from there so I had help, it only cost P30 at most to travel that way. A driver for the day to go around Bohol costed me P3500, that included a vhire and gas. We seen the tarsier, bamboo bridge, chocolate hills, the python, butterfly sanctuary and more. We left out at 8:30am and returned at 4:30pm. The price for the vhire was for as many as you can fit in the thing. They also had a car that was P2500 I think. Hope this helps. If you have any more questions about Bohol then just ask.
Tigger82d

Postby Chas » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:05 am

Tigger82d wrote:In Bohol I stayed at 2 real nice places. Bohol Tropics Resort and Metro Centre. You can do a check online and reserve for these two places. I was there back in July and it was around p2000 per night. Bohol Tropics is right on the ocean and has great views. I went for the cheap poolside room and it was still nice. Metro Centre is in the heart of the city so its walking distance to alot of places. Both are in Tagbilaran. If you're at the resort and you want to go just about anywhere, just get a tricycle. My fiance is from there so I had help, it only cost P30 at most to travel that way. A driver for the day to go around Bohol costed me P3500, that included a vhire and gas. We seen the tarsier, bamboo bridge, chocolate hills, the python, butterfly sanctuary and more. We left out at 8:30am and returned at 4:30pm. The price for the vhire was for as many as you can fit in the thing. They also had a car that was P2500 I think. Hope this helps. If you have any more questions about Bohol then just ask.

Many thanks. I was there back in March and stayed at the Bohol Tropics. I am returning and should be back there in roughly six/seven weeks I cannot wait. This time I am trying the Kalaa resort. It is some way out of Tagbiliran, but seems very nice and has been recommended by others.

Is Metro Centre the hotel staffed by the deaf? I came across the hotel after I had booked Kalaa, otherwise I would have stayed there.
Chas

Postby Tigger82d » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:39 pm

Chas wrote:
Tigger82d wrote:In Bohol I stayed at 2 real nice places. Bohol Tropics Resort and Metro Centre. You can do a check online and reserve for these two places. I was there back in July and it was around p2000 per night. Bohol Tropics is right on the ocean and has great views. I went for the cheap poolside room and it was still nice. Metro Centre is in the heart of the city so its walking distance to alot of places. Both are in Tagbilaran. If you're at the resort and you want to go just about anywhere, just get a tricycle. My fiance is from there so I had help, it only cost P30 at most to travel that way. A driver for the day to go around Bohol costed me P3500, that included a vhire and gas. We seen the tarsier, bamboo bridge, chocolate hills, the python, butterfly sanctuary and more. We left out at 8:30am and returned at 4:30pm. The price for the vhire was for as many as you can fit in the thing. They also had a car that was P2500 I think. Hope this helps. If you have any more questions about Bohol then just ask.

Many thanks. I was there back in March and stayed at the Bohol Tropics. I am returning and should be back there in roughly six/seven weeks I cannot wait. This time I am trying the Kalaa resort. It is some way out of Tagbiliran, but seems very nice and has been recommended by others.

Is Metro Centre the hotel staffed by the deaf? I came across the hotel after I had booked Kalaa, otherwise I would have stayed there.

I didn't notice anyone there that seemed deaf, but then again I don't notice things like that in people unless it obvious. I will way that it was a great place to stay tho. I kept island hopping from cebu to bohol. I was originally in cebu to see my dad and went to bohol to visit my fiance on weekends. The only problem I had was the brownouts they have there, but thats normal there.
Tigger82d

Postby justmovenalong » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:45 pm

If you want my advise I say pay one of the girls on here to help u line things out.I did that on my first trip and it worked great.For what I payed I saved 3 times that.I also went to boracay and and she got round trip tickets and room for 5 days for just over 300usd and I couldnt get for less then 600usd I also spend 5 days in manila and she had it all handled from my pickup at airport to ride back.
so Id say hire someone to help you.....Just a thought
justmovenalong

Postby Chas » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:42 pm

justmovenalong wrote:If you want my advise I say pay one of the girls on here to help u line things out.I did that on my first trip and it worked great.For what I payed I saved 3 times that.I also went to boracay and and she got round trip tickets and room for 5 days for just over 300usd and I couldnt get for less then 600usd I also spend 5 days in manila and she had it all handled from my pickup at airport to ride back.
so Id say hire someone to help you.....Just a thought

Many thanks for this. Local knowledge can be a great advantage.
Chas

Postby Edwin » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:26 pm

City Gardens in Manila is a very nice hotel. It is not in the best area, but it is a wonderful hotel. The hotel is clean, luxerious, and wonderful in all ways including the service. They have a wonderful breakfast where there is a large variety of delicious food! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Previous

Return to General Forum