Love Makes me Crazy

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Love Makes me Crazy

Postby cougarkharne » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:07 am

I think you forgotten something Red. The prize is for a white guy understanding the phrase. Chas had help translating the phrase remember. So no prize :D :D :D
cougarkharne

Postby red » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:19 pm

cougarkharne wrote:I think you forgotten something Red. The prize is for a white guy understanding the phrase. Chas had help translating the phrase remember. So no prize :D :D :D

Thanks for reminding me on that..........sorry Chas...let's cancel the dinner.... :lol: :lol:
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Chas » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:16 am

red wrote:........sorry Chas...let's cancel the dinner.... :lol: :lol:

I was really looking forward to some authentic Filipino cuisine. :cry: :cry: :cry: :lol:
Chas

Postby red » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:05 am

I can cook paksiw na isda or halang halang na manok (hot and spicy chicken curry). Makes you sweat out alot..... :lol: :lol:
red

Postby cougarkharne » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:07 am

Chas was honest about how he discovered the meaning. So you could give him a dinner for honesty, if he is brave enough to face the spices :D :D :D
cougarkharne

Postby Chas » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:18 am

red wrote:I can cook paksiw na isda or halang halang na manok (hot and spicy chicken curry). Makes you sweat out alot..... :lol: :lol:

It is a deal. I will bring the cold beer to neutralise the spices. :D
Chas

Postby eStu » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:22 am

red wrote:I can cook paksiw na isda or halang halang na manok (hot and spicy chicken curry). Makes you sweat out alot..... :lol: :lol:

I was jokin' about getting in on the prize... but... hmmm... hot and spicy chicken curry... :mrgreen: ;)
eStu

Postby red » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:02 am

eStu wrote:

I was jokin' about getting in on the prize... but... hmmm... hot and spicy chicken curry... :mrgreen: ;)

I rather call it Halang halang it's a bisayan recipe. It has similarity of chicken curry but not exactly the same. A cold beer will goes well with the food. :lol: :lol:
red

Postby eStu » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:18 am

red wrote:I rather call it Halang halang it's a bisayan recipe. It has similarity of chicken curry but not exactly the same. A cold beer will goes well with the food. :lol: :lol:

I googled Halang Halang for the ingredients and some pictures, looks very nice. I had a Bisayan colleague at work last year, she was a very nice person, always smiling. I hope one day I might try some authentic Halang Halang. :)

As for combining spicy food with cold beer... hmm... I do recall that combination even though it's been years since I had a beer... spicy, spicy, spicy... cooooold... hmmm hehe, maybe I should stop thinking about it. ;) (No, I'm not a reformed alcoholic or anything like that).

Are there any popular soft drinks in the Philippines that I woudln't know about? Or maybe special local fruit drinks? What else do you guys like to wash a meal down with?
eStu

Postby red » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:14 pm

It's nice to know you like Halang halang. Some prefer cold beer to wash it down for guys mostly. But I prefer soda like Coke or Sprite. Or there is this Fit N Right by del monte it comes with different flavors. When it's kinda greasy I prefer tea after the meal.
red

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum