What is your weather/season like?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: What is your weather/season like?

Postby Chas » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:02 pm

cougarkharne wrote:Do you have trouble sleeping Chas :) :) :) It would seem you spend a lot of your time counting sheep before you go to sleep :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. You are right about Rugby :lol: :lol: :lol:

I do have trouble sleeping, but I never count sheep, perhaps I should :D . It is just when I go walking in the beautiful Welsh countryside I seem to be walking through so much sheep s**t. I am looking at the views, not where I am walking :roll:
Chas

Postby tom » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:46 pm

Chas wrote:
cougarkharne wrote:P.S. Name something Wales is famous for :?: :?: :?:

Wales is a beautiful part of Great Britain, but whenever I go there it is always raining. Given this is a weather thread that has to be the answer. Maybe that is why Wales is known for its leeks. ;)

please excuse my lack of knowledge :) .... i have 2 questions:
    1.) is Wales actually known for its leeks? :? :shock: :) ....
    and,
    2.) is this meant to be a clever example of homophonous humour? ("always raining", "leeks"... leaks? :lol: )
Image"Weep not! Behold! the Lion of the tribe of Judah is victorious... and His kingdom will never end." (rev.5; luke 1:30-33;isaiah 9:6-7,11:1-10)
tom

Postby Chas » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:44 pm

tom wrote:
    please excuse my lack of knowledge :) .... i have 2 questions:
    1.) is Wales actually known for its leeks? :? :shock: :) ....
    and,
    2.) is this meant to be a clever example of homophonous humour? ("always raining", "leeks"... leaks? :lol: )

The answer to both your questions is yes. I only disagree on your use of 'clever' :D
Chas

Postby Edwin » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:41 pm

We have had some pretty hot weather for us, over 100 degrees F. in the valley and over 90 degrees F here because we are at 2800 feet elevation. It is 60 degrees F. now outside and 75 degrees F. Today has been cool, and this afternoon we had thundershowers and even cooler air. It will no doubt get hot again. :) :) :) :) July and August are supposed to be our hotest months. Often times in August the nights start getting cooler, and we can have frost anytime after the first few days of September. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:07 pm

it's been raining since last week until morning. during daytime it is sunny day. today is a great day because the weather is good.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:25 pm

crisipicada wrote:it's been raining since last week until morning. during daytime it is sunny day. today is a great day because the weather is good.

Nice to have it rain during the night and then be sunny in the day. Good weather is always a plus. Our hot weather I think is past. We had some very cool days, in fact our daughter has been heating her house with their pellet stove. We had a television/VCR/DVD player on our pellet stove so we couldn't heat with our pellet stove. I moved those off onto a stand close by, so now we could heat with the pellet stove if we needed to. We have not been cold in our house yet though. It has been warmer the last couple of days, and then it is supposed to get cooler again. We had some rain to a few days ago, and that was nice for us as we don't have to water the garden as much when it rains. I like the rain anyway. I missed a couple of times walking with the dogs lately because of rain, but it is nice anyway. Sometimes rain can hinder what we plan to do, but we don't get that much rain here, about 12 inches a year if we are lucky, so we like the rain. :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:36 pm

Fall is upon us here. We have had enough rain and cool weather, so that we have not had to do much watering lately. This fall is unusual in that it usually frosts here by now, but not this year. It has frosted twice where our other daughter lives, and once she said the ground was white with frost. Some people predict a hard cold winter with lots of snow, and other people predict an easy winter; warm without much snow. My Dad told me when I was little the way the Indians decided what kind of winter it is going to be, is that they watch to see how big a pile of wood the white man makes! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: My grandmother was a quarter Indian, we live on an Indian Reservation, and one of our daughters is married to a tribal member.
Edwin

Postby Tigger82d » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:57 am

Around here we tell how bad a winter it will be by looking at how bushy the squirrels tails are. The thinner the tail the less severe, the thicker, the worse it will be.
Tigger82d

Postby crisipicada » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:16 pm

Today is sunny day. I woke up early dawn and have my walking and jogging. I sweat a lot now and it feels better to do it with consistency. I love the weather as it is good to work having a wonderful sunny day. Just hoping that in the afternoon wont rain.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:56 pm

crisipicada wrote:Today is sunny day. I woke up early dawn and have my walking and jogging. I sweat a lot now and it feels better to do it with consistency. I love the weather as it is good to work having a wonderful sunny day. Just hoping that in the afternoon wont rain.

Yes, there is something about the sunshine to lift a person's spirits. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum