What is your weather/season like?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: What is your weather/season like?

Postby crisipicada » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:47 pm

The weather is good. It is sunny again. I sleep a lot for more than 7 hours after a hard practice piano last night. It seems i am so hard to learn now because my reflects is not good. My teacher advise me not to do a lot of laundry because it can cause a lot of hardship to learn the piano.

Have a great day ahead to all of us.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:40 pm

crisipicada wrote:The weather is good. It is sunny again. I sleep a lot for more than 7 hours after a hard practice piano last night. It seems i am so hard to learn now because my reflects is not good. My teacher advise me not to do a lot of laundry because it can cause a lot of hardship to learn the piano.

Have a great day ahead to all of us.

A hard practice will do that to you. Here during the winter if I am out in the cold and get my hands and fingers cold they do not react like they should. They will just barely move! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

We have a birthday party to go to for our granddaughter who lives with us. Her Dad's family is putting it on. Things are peaceful enough now that I think I can go. I avoided the one for her sister because things were not good, and I didn't want to say something that I shouldn't. It is a little after 3:30 p.m. here, and I think it is a little after 6:30 a.m. tomorrow in the Philippines.

You have a very nice day with your day, and I will have a nice ending to our day.

The neighbor brought over hot soup, and I went over and ate with them, and it was good and fun. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:16 am

Today is not good. Its raining and i need to stay inside. Why is it that weather really affects our mood? When it rains then your day becomes so bad. And when it is sunny day, definitely you will have a great day?
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:26 am

crisipicada wrote:Today is not good. Its raining and i need to stay inside. Why is it that weather really affects our mood? When it rains then your day becomes so bad. And when it is sunny day, definitely you will have a great day?

There are some people who can't live in Seattle, Washington for that reason. It rains and is overcast so much that it adds to their depression. I have heard that some people have bright lights on to help their moods, but then I have also heard that bright lights cause cancer, so who knows? Where we lived and worked for 10 years we got as much or more moisture than Seattle, Washington, only we got our bulk of moisture in snow fall. One year a few years before we moved there they got 21 feet of accumulated snow fall, and about 15 feet deep on the ground. One of the last years that we lived there we got that much or more, and then one day it started raining on top of the snow, and the roofs were in danger of colapsing, so some of us got on the roofs and shoveled snow as fast as we could. I was going out on the boat, but I spent about 4 hours shoveling as fast as I could. The year before we moved there that it snowed so much it did cause a roof to fall in. When we got that much snow there was a little village a few miles away and at 12000 feet that got 42 feet of accumulated snow fall. That is almost hard to believe, but it is true.

I like rain, but if I grew up with it, or had to live with it continually, I'm not sure I would like it. My Dad said, "It does not rain much in this country" meaning where I grew up, "and I am not going to stay outside and keep it off the ground!" He would not work in the rain. If it rained he would not put on rain gear, but he would go to the house, shop, or barn and stay under cover. I think also he didn't want to get sick from being exposed to the weather and getting wet. :) :) :) :)
Edwin

Postby m&m » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:29 am

Very cold while raining from 4PM until tonight. I sneeze and i got headache. I would love to hug my pillow. I need to use thick blanket because it make me freeze now. Anyone wants to keep the heat.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
An intimate relationship w/ God must b our highest priority. When U hav right or poor relationship w/Him,out of that relationshp flows everything else in our life. Thus, your relationship to Him determines how you live your life. It all relates to that
m&m

Postby Edwin » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:01 am

Last night for the first time since last winter the temperature actually dropped slightly below freezing, below 0 degrees celcius. There was a slight bit of frost, but not bad. Where our other daughter lives it frosted twice earlier, and once really hard enough to kill some of her garden plants, squash, cucumbers, and pumpkins! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:08 am

m&m wrote:Very cold while raining from 4PM until tonight. I sneeze and i got headache. I would love to hug my pillow. I need to use thick blanket because it make me freeze now. Anyone wants to keep the heat.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I hope I am not sharing too much information, but my wife will not sleep with me because her diabetic condition has affected her feet until she can't stand to have the weight of covers on them, and I require a big pile of covers, even in the summer time. We slept together all our married lives, keeping each other warm in the winter until this diabetic condition started affecting her. When it is the hottest I will push covers down, and expose the upper part of my body, but I always sleep with covers. No pjs for me though. I sleep with what they call briefs; we always called them shorts, and a tee shirt. One of my dogs, Rand, the German Pincher that our oldest granddaughter, now about 22 or 23 years old gave to us, sleeps with me. He loves me and snuggles up to me, making me warm when it is very cold, and I am thankful for him. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :o :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby m&m » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:53 pm

It is raining here because we have typhoon here in the Philippines. Northern Luzon is now on the state of calamity. There are thousands of families affected and their homes are destroyed. Farmers are much desperate because typhoon Juan flashed their rice plants. :( :( :( :( :(
An intimate relationship w/ God must b our highest priority. When U hav right or poor relationship w/Him,out of that relationshp flows everything else in our life. Thus, your relationship to Him determines how you live your life. It all relates to that
m&m

Postby crisipicada » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:49 am

In the morning is sunny day and in the afternoon has been raining until this evening. It is good to drink hot coffee or milk if it is cold. The temperature ranges from 23-30 degrees Celsius, it is always feeling good to hug some pillows and blanket. :D :D :D
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:02 pm

crisipicada wrote:In the morning is sunny day and in the afternoon has been raining until this evening. It is good to drink hot coffee or milk if it is cold. The temperature ranges from 23-30 degrees Celsius, it is always feeling good to hug some pillows and blanket. :D :D :D

Yes, the pillows and the blankets are feeling better all the time with the weather getting colder. My dog snuggles up and gives me a little warmth too. Sometimes he goes in a warms up Carol a bit, and that is nice. He used to belong to one of our granddaughters and she got him started to sleeping with her, and he thinks he needs to sleep with someone, and he is a good dog. He sleeps on my bed most of the time. It is a queen so there is enough room. He stays as close as he can day and night. When I go outside he is right with me trying to help me with whatever I am doing.

We were at the Mall of Asia that evening when the typhoon was the worst. The wind was bending the trees, and it was also raining hard with the wind blowing, and the rain water was coming right in the open end of that mall. They had someone there mopping water out as quickly as they could. My nephew was up in that area where the typhoon hit, and our filipina friend, wife of Al, texted him afterward, so I know he was okay, but there wasn't enough communication to learn anything from him.

Something hot to drink or like you say milk is good when it is cold. It has not been as cold here as it was before I left for the Philippines, but the cold will come again. It has been, not as cold, but cold with high humidity. They predicted first rain, then snow, but I think the snow is supposed to be at the higher elevations. We are at 2800 feet which is higher than the valley, but the snow is not supposed to come that low yet. I got a ton of pellets in the house, so we should be able to keep warm. We store them in a large walk in closet.

It is definately time to think about staying warm, and that may not always be easy, but we do the best we can. I really enjoyed the heat in Manila and Dumaguete City/Amlan! It gives me something to think about on cold days, and that even makes me feel warmer! :roll: :roll: :D :D :lol: :lol:
Edwin

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum