Birthday Greetings

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Birthday Greetings

Postby Edwin » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:48 am

I looked forward to my 16th birthday because for me it was time to get my driver's license. I drove the car down our quarter mile lane when I was sitting on my Dad's lap. Then my older brother let me drive an H International tractor, and he had to repair the fense because I took a whole row of fense posts out. I also couldn't push the brakes hard enough to stop so I ran into a heavy cow feeder, threw myself up against the steering wheel, but no major damage. Then it was my job to back the car out of the garage to get ready to go to church, and put it back after we came home from church. After that I changed tires when they were flat on the car. Then I took our 1947 Ford pickup for pleasure runs out to the highway both directions and back which was a distance of a couple of miles or so. After that I drove with us 3 younger kids 5 miles to catch the school bus, but I was still not old enough to drive legally, so after a joy ride with 2 Indian friends that my younger brother took for several hundred miles, we had to walk that 5 miles to catch the school bus, all except for our younger sister, and she went to live with my older brother so that she would not have to walk that 5 miles. At the end of our walking it was getting cold and we were walking through snow, so I my 16th birthday, see I did get to my birthday! On my 16th birthday I went in to take my test for my driver's license, but I ran a stop sign, so we had to walk for another week, then I took it again, and this time I knew where that stop sign was so I passed my test. 12 years ago or so I passed other tests for a commercial driver's license, and I drove commercially for 10 years, giving narrated tours with buses and provided transportation for people wanting to hike in the mountains, which was a lot of fun.

I also was happy about my 18th birthday because that was when I graduated from high school. My 65th birthday will be a big deal also because I will start drawing social security and get on the medicare heath plan without the prescription drug plan, because I do not take any drugs of any kind for any reason.

I didn't particularly care about any of my other birthdays outside of the few milestones I wrote about above. I just pray that the Lord gives me good years ahead until it is my time to go to be with the Lord. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:42 pm

I am counting down and it takes 2 weeks to go and it is my birthday. I am always asking God to give me good health and good heart all the time.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:08 pm

crisipicada wrote:I am counting down and it takes 2 weeks to go and it is my birthday. I am always asking God to give me good health and good heart all the time.

Those are great requests, and I will pray with you on that. :) :) :) :)
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:05 am

Thanks for being kind. I always desire to be healthy and be continue to have a good heart. Without love man is nothing. I pray that everyone must have love in our hearts because it is fulfillment of the law, why? Because you don't hurt someone but always desire what is good and best for everyone. :D :D :D
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:43 am

crisipicada wrote:Thanks for being kind. I always desire to be healthy and be continue to have a good heart. Without love man is nothing. I pray that everyone must have love in our hearts because it is fulfillment of the law, why? Because you don't hurt someone but always desire what is good and best for everyone. :D :D :D

We are to love God with all our hearts, and love others as we love ourselves, and you are right we will not hrut someone when we have God's Love in our hearts! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby prettysweet » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:11 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO my cousin CHARIT ABULENCIA.. Many more birthdays to come.. God bless u.. luv yah..
prettysweet :) :) :)
prettysweet

Postby Edwin » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:40 am

The day after I return from the Philippines is my older brother's birthday. Our Dad died on his birthday which was a downer for him, I think. He is 74 years old, and he does fairly well also. He is suffering some from age related conditons I think, but he gets out and works on his own projects. He lives just about 2 miles from our place, and we live about 800 feet from where our parents spent the first year of their married lives. I am now just a few months away from being the age our Dad was when he died. He had heart problems. Some famous doctors in Texas tried heart bypass surgury, but it was unsuccessful, and they couldn't get him started living on his own after the surgery. He had strong faith in God, that was the thrust of his life, so I is okay. He wrote my mother a letter telling her he was going to die, and go to be with the Lord, and now he is with the Lord. I am thankful that our Dad found the Lord when he was a young man, and that he lived his entire life to please the Lord. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby tom » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:39 pm

crisipicada wrote:I am counting down and it takes 2 weeks to go and it is my birthday. I am always asking God to give me good health and good heart all the time.
    "magandang umaga" and "maligayang kaarawan" crisi...
    you are a sweet friend... salamat..
Image"Weep not! Behold! the Lion of the tribe of Judah is victorious... and His kingdom will never end." (rev.5; luke 1:30-33;isaiah 9:6-7,11:1-10)
tom

Postby crisipicada » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:30 pm

thanks a lot, Tom. Thanks to all my friends here. God bless you all!
crisipicada

Postby eStu » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:58 am

Many happy returns Crisi... hope you have/had a great day.

:)
eStu

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum