Trip to the Philippines, Story and Pictures

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Trip to the Philippines

Postby Edwin » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:14 pm

I talked with our friend Al this evening for a little while about our expected trip to the Philippines. Al's filipina wife has been packing her suitcases (luggage) for about 2 months now. Al says she packs them and unpacks them and repacks them, then she weighs them to make sure they don't exceed 50 pounds.

One week from Friday I am going to meet Al at Walmart at 9:30 p.m. Carol will drive our Van home after I connect with Al. She doesn't like to drive, but she can drive short distances. We will then go pick up Claire, Al's filipina wife, a 10 p.m. from where she is working at an assisted living place.

We will then drive to Seattle, eat breakfast at a truck stop restaurant that Al said that he, Claire, and Carol ate at when they went to the Philippines in 2006. We will then go to a mutual friends house, who is not home, but she said for us to stop, and we will relax for maybe an hour or two or so. Then we will go on to Seattle Tacoma International Airport 3 hours early to be ready for our flight to the Philippines. He said they might ask us to take our shoes off, and they will look between our toes! No I said the part about looking between our toes. I'm not sure what all they will do in security, but I'm sure it will be okay. I have not flown since the 9/11 catastrophy in New York City.

We are flying on a Korean Airliner, so Al told me the movies may be in Korean language. He said the last time he few he couldn't understand the movie, and the headphones didn't work all that well, so he spent a lot of time sleeping, and the sad thing is that Carol said that she was so afraid flying over the ocean that she didn't sleep at all.

We will then land in Manila, and spend a couple of days there as Claire has family in Manila. We will then fly to Dumaguete, Negros Oriental, and Al said that we are going shopping there. Claire wants to buy matresses, bedding, a refrigerator, and maybe other things for their new house. We will then go on to Amlan where Claire's brothers have been building their house. There will be a blessing for the new house, and the Catholic Father has already scheduled that, only Al doesn't know exactly when that will be. He is thinking Carol's brother and his filipina wife may want to be there for that. If that is the case I will probably go home with them after that, and the rest of the time and trip is a mystery to me, so time will tell, and it will all be very exiting and fun. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :o :o :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:54 pm

Philippines is one the greatest country to go on vacation, they said. There are many wonderful places to visit that helps relax ones mind from all the hard work. I love Palawan especially in Dos Palmas resort wherein the house is being built at the middle of the sea. I like also the snake island there. It is very romantic place to stay with lovers and couples. I also like Bohol especially in underground river. What a wonderful experience someone will visit those places.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:30 pm

crisipicada wrote:Philippines is one the greatest country to go on vacation, they said. There are many wonderful places to visit that helps relax ones mind from all the hard work. I love Palawan especially in Dos Palmas resort wherein the house is being built at the middle of the sea. I like also the snake island there. It is very romantic place to stay with lovers and couples. I also like Bohol especially in underground river. What a wonderful experience someone will visit those places.

Those sounds like some very good ideas where to visit! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:06 am

Of course they are good places to visit with. Try to explore some other places and i believe you will have a great day staying in the Philippines.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:40 am

crisipicada wrote:Of course they are good places to visit with. Try to explore some other places and i believe you will have a great day staying in the Philippines.

Yes, I am looking forward to it, Crisi! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby prettysweet » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:13 pm

Edwin wrote:My trip expected trip to the Philippines is getting closer all the time! :D :D I am going with a couple of good friends of ours. We will, I think, fly to Manila after which we will fly to Dumaugete City, and after that we will go to Amlan where these friends are having their family build them a house. From there I'm not sure what is going to happen. I will stay with our friends part of the time, and then my brother-in-law who lives on Guimaras Island with his wife will come to get me from there. I'm not sure how long I will stay with Carol's brother and his wife, and how long I will stay with our friends at their place. We will leave here October 16th and return here October 31st. If I were just going on my own for other reasons I would try to stay a little longer, but this is our friend's vacation, and I am going with him and his wife, so I am fitting into their schedule. Maybe next time I will stay longer, we will see. I think this is really going to be fun, and I am looking forward to the trip. I wish my wife Carol were going along to, and our friends and her brother badly wanted her to come, but she is terrified of flying. I don't know how she ever managed to fly over there in 2006. I think she about had a nervous breakdown. I piloted small Cessna airplanes years ago as a hobby pilot. I stopped that once I realized I was spending too much money, and I wasn't rich enough to own an airplane, so after about 150 hours or so I stopped piloting the airplanes. I have flown a couple of trips within the U.S.A. One trip to New Mexico, and another to Louisiana, so flying doesn't bother me. Al said that his wife Claire who is a filipina prays while they are flying especially taking off and landing, so I will pray with them. It is not much more than three months away, and I can't wait! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D

GOODLUCK! HAVE A GOOD TRIP HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES. have a lots of fun. Enjoy the sightseeing and the beautiful scenery of beaches here.. Guimaras island is a nice place, surely u will love the place. GOd BLESS always.. :) :) :) :) :) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
prettysweet :) :) :)
prettysweet

Postby Edwin » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:15 am

prettysweet wrote:
Edwin wrote:My trip expected trip to the Philippines is getting closer all the time! :D :D I am going with a couple of good friends of ours. We will, I think, fly to Manila after which we will fly to Dumaugete City, and after that we will go to Amlan where these friends are having their family build them a house. From there I'm not sure what is going to happen. I will stay with our friends part of the time, and then my brother-in-law who lives on Guimaras Island with his wife will come to get me from there. I'm not sure how long I will stay with Carol's brother and his wife, and how long I will stay with our friends at their place. We will leave here October 16th and return here October 31st. If I were just going on my own for other reasons I would try to stay a little longer, but this is our friend's vacation, and I am going with him and his wife, so I am fitting into their schedule. Maybe next time I will stay longer, we will see. I think this is really going to be fun, and I am looking forward to the trip. I wish my wife Carol were going along to, and our friends and her brother badly wanted her to come, but she is terrified of flying. I don't know how she ever managed to fly over there in 2006. I think she about had a nervous breakdown. I piloted small Cessna airplanes years ago as a hobby pilot. I stopped that once I realized I was spending too much money, and I wasn't rich enough to own an airplane, so after about 150 hours or so I stopped piloting the airplanes. I have flown a couple of trips within the U.S.A. One trip to New Mexico, and another to Louisiana, so flying doesn't bother me. Al said that his wife Claire who is a filipina prays while they are flying especially taking off and landing, so I will pray with them. It is not much more than three months away, and I can't wait! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D

GOODLUCK! HAVE A GOOD TRIP HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES. have a lots of fun. Enjoy the sightseeing and the beautiful scenery of beaches here.. Guimaras island is a nice place, surely u will love the place. GOd BLESS always.. :) :) :) :) :) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Thank you, and I know I will! God Bless you always too! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:30 pm

Wow!!!! Tomorrow evening I meet with our friends, and we start our trip to the Phippines!!!! First to Seattle, rest short time, then to Seoul, Korea, short layover, then to Manilla, couple of days with our friend's families, on to Dumaguete City, on to Amlan for a few days, on to Guimaras Island, for a visit with Carol's brother & wife, then back and home, and I am sorry now to say that the time will be too short!!!! & it will go all too quickly!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D :o :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I will have many wonderful memories, and will have more reasons to want to return as soon as I am able too, which will probably not be for a few months anyway because of needing to take classes, and some other obligations. Then when I have my classes and obligations finished, catch up, and recuperate, I will be back, the Lord Willing, and the creek does not rise!!!! :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Edwin

Postby chaychay644 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:09 pm

Edwin wrote:Wow!!!! Tomorrow evening I meet with our friends, and we start our trip to the Phippines!!!! First to Seattle, rest short time, then to Seoul, Korea, short layover, then to Manilla, couple of days with our friend's families, on to Dumaguete City, on to Amlan for a few days, on to Guimaras Island, for a visit with Carol's brother & wife, then back and home, and I am sorry now to say that the time will be too short!!!! & it will go all too quickly!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D :o :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I will have many wonderful memories, and will have more reasons to want to return as soon as I am able too, which will probably not be for a few months anyway because of needing to take classes, and some other obligations. Then when I have my classes and obligations finished, catch up, and recuperate, I will be back, the Lord Willing, and the creek does not rise!!!! :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

i can feel how excited you are right now for your trip..i hope all of you guys will have a safe trip and have a blast here in PI..don't forget to share pics of ur vacation here in PI.. :) :) :)
chaychay644

Postby Edwin » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:04 am

chaychay644 wrote:
Edwin wrote:Wow!!!! Tomorrow evening I meet with our friends, and we start our trip to the Phippines!!!! First to Seattle, rest short time, then to Seoul, Korea, short layover, then to Manilla, couple of days with our friend's families, on to Dumaguete City, on to Amlan for a few days, on to Guimaras Island, for a visit with Carol's brother & wife, then back and home, and I am sorry now to say that the time will be too short!!!! & it will go all too quickly!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D :o :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I will have many wonderful memories, and will have more reasons to want to return as soon as I am able too, which will probably not be for a few months anyway because of needing to take classes, and some other obligations. Then when I have my classes and obligations finished, catch up, and recuperate, I will be back, the Lord Willing, and the creek does not rise!!!! :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

i can feel how excited you are right now for your trip..i hope all of you guys will have a safe trip and have a blast here in PI..don't forget to share pics of ur vacation here in PI.. :) :) :)

Okay, Thanks ChayChay! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum