Online Dating vs Real Life Dating

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Online Dating vs Real Life Dating

Postby chaychay644 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:04 pm

we can't deny the fact that there is a big difference between online and real life dating..

in a real life dating, we have the ability what is the real personality of the person and aside from that it helps us also to determine if the person is serious with his/her intentions..some are lucky that they were able to last their relationships despite the trials that come on their way..

likewise, in an online dating..there are many obstacles that we may encounter..the most common problem is in terms on communication..its really hard to communicate especially if you dont have a computer at home..its very expensive for you
to go to the cafe..but of course we can also determine if they are serious with their intentions..there are many success stories and there are also who are not lucky enough to make their relationship last..

and yeah, that is life...
chaychay644

Re: Online Dating vs Real Life Dating

Postby Edwin » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:07 pm

Yes, ChayChay, they say you don't miss the water until the well runs dry. I first got on the internet in the early 1990s with text only and very slow! We thought it was wonderful. Then we got another computer that I thought was so powerful and fast that I almost felt guilty for having it, and you cannot believe how fast that computer became outdated. I got into MIRC or maybe IRC chatting. I think someone got mad at me for some reason and sent me a virus which caused me a lot of trouble. That cured me of chatting; I didn't do it anymore. We used the computer and internet to catch up with some long lost relatives which was fun.

Then we moved to the Stehekin Valley, and for a few years no one had the internet there until the technology came about for satellite internet. We had not phone access except for one community phone supplied by the National Park Service, so no internet from that. Then we got satellite internet, and we thought we had died and gone to heaven, except when it was time to pay the internet bill! I justified it be thinking of it as our communication with the outside world, and before we moved our phone bills cost as much or more than the internet, and we no longer had long distance telephone bills. We still have that same satellite system and still using it. The cost has come down a little, and we still don't have a land line telephone. We use a cell phone, and our kids have a land line telephone when its use is advantageous.

We were happy without the internet, but we were happy to get it also. We did a lot of shopping online, and even ordered our groceries using the internet. It is like the water; we don't even imagine not having it. And then yes, when I saw you write that about the internet, it made me think, yes there are people who have to go to the internet cafe' and spend money that they don't have very much of to be on the internet.

Our daughter says that when you write an e-mail the recipient can't see your face, and can't hear the inflections in your voice, so I might write something that I think is cute or humorous, and it might hurt the person on the other end of the communication because they might not know that I was joking when I said it. That is when you have to work harder at communication, and then knowing the person's heart helps to, because if you know your loved one has a good heart then you know that person is not going to hurt you on purpose. Then feedback is good too, by asking when you said so and so, what did you mean by that. Then I will say this is what I meant, or maybe I will say I didn't mean that at all; I was merely joking. I have seen people get their feathers ruffled on here when I know it was a lack of understanding what the other person had in mind when something was said. Then I have seen someone else get on and say this is what I think they meant when they said that, and that helps. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby RealDeal » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:15 pm

I think its alot harder online without the physical aspect of the relationship.I do believe there has to be a physical meeting eventually to actually call it a success. I do believe that sometimes comunication is better if your not actually together. I know alot of couples that are married that never talk to each other.
RealDeal

Postby mjsty » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:25 pm

both have the chance to succeed and to fail...its depend on the people involve, on how they deal with their relationship :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"d0nt giVE UP jUst PRAY it w0rks!!!"
mjsty

Postby chaychay644 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:01 pm

RealDeal wrote:I think its alot harder online without the physical aspect of the relationship.I do believe there has to be a physical meeting eventually to actually call it a success. I do believe that sometimes comunication is better if your not actually together. I know alot of couples that are married that never talk to each other.

yup its true..right now m on LDR and so far it works..yeah, there are problems sometimes..mostly communication prob but m glad that we can deal with it..the relationship on LDR depends on both the people involve on how they handle situations especially if misunderstanding occurs..
chaychay644

Postby RealDeal » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:23 pm

chaychay644 wrote:
RealDeal wrote:I think its alot harder online without the physical aspect of the relationship.I do believe there has to be a physical meeting eventually to actually call it a success. I do believe that sometimes comunication is better if your not actually together. I know alot of couples that are married that never talk to each other.

yup its true..right now m on LDR and so far it works..yeah, there are problems sometimes..mostly communication prob but m glad that we can deal with it..the relationship on LDR depends on both the people involve on how they handle situations especially if misunderstanding occurs..

Really? Tell us about your relationship. Im curious how your making yours work.
RealDeal

Postby Tigger82d » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:14 pm

chaychay644 wrote:

I have to agree with you chaychay. My fiancee and me have some times that we misunderstand each other but we have worked those out fairly easy. Our main problem with communication is we use the internet for talking, yahoo messenger is great. But when the internet is slow its not that great anymore. We seldom use the phone because with the internet we can see and hear each other. By the way, I'm from the US and my finacee is from Bohol. Where are you and your significant other from?
Tigger82d

Postby chaychay644 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:13 pm

Tigger82d wrote:I have to agree with you chaychay. My fiancee and me have some times that we misunderstand each other but we have worked those out fairly easy. Our main problem with communication is we use the internet for talking, yahoo messenger is great. But when the internet is slow its not that great anymore. We seldom use the phone because with the internet we can see and hear each other. By the way, I'm from the US and my finacee is from Bohol. Where are you and your significant other from?

..with regards to communication problems, its really difficult when internet connection is not good..i've been using Unlichat on mobile but there are times that it doesn't work that good..don't know whats the problem either my phone or the signal itself..i had also tried using the Uzzap application on Smart..but now m no longer using both of them coz most of the time it doesn't work..and now m using again my phone but i just registered it to ym and it costs 2.50 per text..but m using laptop when m at work..its just that i don't use it at home coz smartbro has a very poor signal..it just really pissess me off..lol

Nway, my bf is from Minneapolis and m from Samar..m glad that you are participating here in the forum..Cheers!
chaychay644

Postby Edwin » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:17 am

chaychay644 wrote:
Tigger82d wrote:I have to agree with you chaychay. My fiancee and me have some times that we misunderstand each other but we have worked those out fairly easy. Our main problem with communication is we use the internet for talking, yahoo messenger is great. But when the internet is slow its not that great anymore. We seldom use the phone because with the internet we can see and hear each other. By the way, I'm from the US and my finacee is from Bohol. Where are you and your significant other from?

..with regards to communication problems, its really difficult when internet connection is not good..i've been using Unlichat on mobile but there are times that it doesn't work that good..don't know whats the problem either my phone or the signal itself..i had also tried using the Uzzap application on Smart..but now m no longer using both of them coz most of the time it doesn't work..and now m using again my phone but i just registered it to ym and it costs 2.50 per text..but m using laptop when m at work..its just that i don't use it at home coz smartbro has a very poor signal..it just really pissess me off..lol

Nway, my bf is from Minneapolis and m from Samar..m glad that you are participating here in the forum..Cheers!

The years we lived in the Stehekin Valley, after we got the internet we got on and did a little MSN chat with the voice and the video. It was fun to see the people we were conversing with, but the voice and video slowed the performance of the internet, so that just writting the chat was much better. We did try it for a while for fun, though. I heard about using the internet connections with a telephone hookup, us on the computer and our family back home on the telephone. That was fun too. I can't remember the company now, been a few years, but I used my credit card and bought $10.00 worth of credit in this internet phone company. When we would call someone using our computer to call their telephone, we could hear every word they said, but they could only hear and understand about 1 out of 5 or 6 words. The way I used it was to call our family, tell them to get on MSN chat, and then we would both move to the computer, both of us typing our messages. Someone told me that the reason we coud hear was the our incoming internet worked faster than our outgoing. Once one of our identical twins was visiting the other twin. I was trying to call, and I couldn't understand why they kept hanging up on me. I was getting exasperated, and I could hear the one daughter telling the other one, "I think we have a prank caller!" It was me. The other daughter said, "No it is Dad trying to call us", so they got on and chatted. That $10.00 lasted a long time because I only used it to call and tell them to get on MSN chat. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :o :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:45 am

There are disadvantages for online dating. It is easy to hide the true color of a person.

While in real life dating, you will really know the person. And just by observing him/her you will know how him well.

Maybe it takes time to know a person while doing the online dating so take time a lot while dating here.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Next

Return to General Forum