Trip to the Philippines, Story and Pictures

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Trip to the Philippines

Postby Chas » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:30 pm

I will arrive next Thursday 21st October. My first visit was only two weeks. This time it is a month :D
Chas

Postby purex » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:37 pm

A month of stay is too long. You can see all nice places all over the Philippines and enjoy your stay. You can visit romantic places like Palawan Snake Island and Dos Palmas. YOu can visit Bagiuo City and feel the cold wind and fogs together with your sweetheart. YOu can experience the breeze and see beautiful flowers and trees as you walk together on the beautiful beaches
Wn God knows yor READY 4 D rsponsibility of comitment,He'l reveal D ryt prson undr Hs tym& ryt circumstnces.Wait patiently,Dont waste Ur tym srching& wshing.Grow& b redy &yo'l see.God wl giv U a lov story far betr than U cud ever dreamed
purex

Postby villa » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:07 am

Hi Edwin,
Welcome to the Philippine Island. Are you already here? I hope you and your group can visit Davao before you will go back home, so that we can see each other too. I hope Carol changed her mind and go with you, it is nice to have a vacation and visit families, friends and relatives once in a while and also meet new friends here in the Philippines. I have not been to Dumaguete and Amlan though it is not too from from Davao City. Guimaras is known to have the sweetest mangoes in the world, ( I hope I am not exagerating...lol).... but I had not been there too. I wish you and the nice couple had a grand and enjoyable vacation. Let me hear from you when you're back home and share your unforgettable experience to us, your friends at jaderune. God bless....

villa
Last edited by villa on Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
villa

Postby villa » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:32 am

I think Chas has been here in the Philippines many times.
So he has lots of experience while he travels. Stanley must
also listen to him too.. as he might meet his dream girl here
when he comes. Don't forget to visit Davao City. We will
teach you how to eat Durian Fruit...lol.

WELCOME TO THE PHILIPPINES GUYS !!!

villa
villa

Postby villa » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:35 am

How about Tom ???? When are you coming?
Many of your jaderune friends are wating for you here.
Hope you can join with the other guys and have a
marvelous vacation here. What can you say , Tom ???

villa
villa

Postby fely » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:52 am

welcome to the Philippines. Nice to visit and hope enjoy your stay.
fely

Postby Edwin » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:45 am

villa wrote:Hi Edwin,
Welcome to the Philippine Island. Are you already here? I hope you and your group can visit Davao before you will go back home, so that we can see each other too. I hope Carol changed her mind and go with you, it is nice to have a vacation and visit families, friends and relatives once in a while and also meet new friends here in the Philippines. I have not been to Dumaguete and Amlan though it is not too from from Davao City. Guimaras is known to have the sweetest mangoes in the world, ( I hope I am not exagerating...lol).... but I had not been there too. I wish you and the nice couple had a grand and enjoyable vacation. Let me hear from you when you're back home and share your unforgettable experience to us, your friends at jaderune. God bless....

villa

Hi Villa, Yes, a visit to Davao City, and a meeting with you, and others would have been so much fun. I am married, so I have to be careful, but I love friendships with good people! :D I will write more later about it all because for now it is very late here! I am needing to get my days and nights turned around again, as I am now on Filipino time even though I am in the USA. In a few days I will be acclamated back to this time zone, but in the mean time I am tired and wanting to sleep in the day, and wanting to stay up all night. I spent the entire time with our friends, Al and Claire White. We were in Manila for a couple of days, then in Dumaguete/Amlan, actually, for the balance of the time, and then we spent the last two days in Manila again. I was not able to see my brother-in-law after coming all that way, and getting that close because he was too busy installing a solar electric system. He is tired of the brown-outs! I was disappointed, but I understood it from his perspective. I do need to go to bed, so I will write about my experiences as soon as I am able. God Bless!
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:15 pm

Please share your experience while here in the Philippines. How did you find filipinos and the places you have visited. Hope you all enjoy your stay.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Re: Trip to the Philippines, Story & Pictures

Postby Edwin » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:45 pm

I was really looking forward to visiting the Philippines, and I knew I would have a good time because I was going with the best people in the world. The guy was our postmaster and very good friend where we lived in the Stehekin Valley. We house sat for him each time he would come to the Philippines to visit his future wife. On his next to his last trip he had his house destroyed by a river flood. Then the next trip he brought his filipina home. I performed their ceremony as I am an ordained minister. Carol sang, and they sang to each other, and it was a beautiful wedding with the entire community attending. We have both since moved to the same general area. We live about 1 1/2 hours apart with a river valley separating us. He is the postmaster of a little mountain community, and his filipina wife works in an assisted living home.

We met at the Walmart parking lot, and then Al and I went to pick her up to begin our journey. We drove to Wenatchee Washington, Washington State USA, and ate some Mexican food. Then we drove to Seattle where we stayed at a freind's house all night. We got up the next morning, and the friend drove us to the airport, dropped us off, and returned parking the car at the friend's house. We then went and checked our luggage in with the lovely and sweet Asian ladies, at Asiana Airlines. We all took a couple of checkin bags with 3/4 of the weight we were allowed in each, which caused us some small problems later on the domestic flight between Manila and Dumaguete City. I can't say I wasn't warned! Chas wrote me a pm, and told me that I needed to check the baggage weight restrictions on domestic flights in the Philippines, but it didn't turn out too badly, and that is a story I will tell later that also has some humor in it.

Seattle/Tacoma International Airport has rail cars that haul people to where they need to board their airplanes. We got on what we thought was the correct one, and as it turned out it was, but a lady on told Al that we were on the wrong rail and need to get on the other one; we did, and Claire was mad at Al for listening to that lady, and she was mad at me for agreeing with Al that we should go on that other train. She told me, "Don't agree with Al when he is wrong!" That is my personality, being agreeable when I shouldn't be!" :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :o :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Edwin on Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:12 pm

Lift off time finally came, and we rolled down the runway and up into the air. Years ago I piloted small airplanes for a short time, enjoyed it immensly, and stopped doing it soon as it is a rich man's hobby, or one that you have to spend all your money on in order to keep it going, so I didn't pilot airplanes very long, but I do still have my pilot's license, just haven't used it since 1980. The airplane we flew in had a middle set of seats 4 across, and 3 seats on each side of the airplane. We had tv sets, but going over I didn't even watch, but I watched the big screen with the groundspeed, altitude, time, direction, and cities along the way, our course of flight. We flew over 100 MPH slower going than coming because of headwinds. I sat by a very nice Korean lady from Bellingham, Washington who didn't understand or speak any English. She gave me her butter and cream, so I had more butter on my bread roll, and drank the cream with mine with made just a little, but helped calcium. We showed each other pictures, and she had a buttom on her that said "Family Services." I had no idea what that mean, but she had a note from her son requesting that his mother be taken to the correct gate. The attendants had trouble getting her to understand, so they asked me not to let her escape with the other passengers, so that they could help her. I was able to detain her long enough so that they were able to finish their duties and then help her, so it turned out okay.

We met a filipina lady in the Seoul Korea airport who was from Everett, Washington. Her husband had died of prostate cancer, and she was going for a visit in the Philipines. Another lady there had a son who worked in Washington State, and she said that he was healthier in Manila than in the USA. That surprised me because I heard that because of pollution Manila is not a healthy place to live. What she meant was that he suffered from stress, and he had less stress and felt better when he was in Manila. We had a 2 hour layover in Seoul, Korea before we continued on to Manila. It felt good to be out of that airplane and walking after sitting for so many hours. In our flight to Seoul, Korea we flew over the islands of the coast of B.C. Canada. It was fun because I lived in Vancouver, B.C. Canada for 4 years, attending a Bible College there, and I traveled to those islands and all over B.C.
Last edited by Edwin on Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Edwin

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum