What is your weather/season like?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: What is your weather/season like?

Postby crisipicada » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:32 am

Good you enjoy your stay in the Philippines. It always good to have vacation from work and some have time for relaxation to get rid of stress in life. Good to hear that you enjoy while you were here and you are always welcome to see places again.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:07 am

crisipicada wrote:Good you enjoy your stay in the Philippines. It always good to have vacation from work and some have time for relaxation to get rid of stress in life. Good to hear that you enjoy while you were here and you are always welcome to see places again.

Thank you, Crisi, and that is nice of you to say those kind things. I did have a very good time in the Philippines, and I forgot all my troubles while I was there. I had some things to attend to when I returned home, but it was just as if I had not cares in the world whatsoever while I was in the Philippines. When I returned home it was like reality set in, but I took care of things, and now it is fine, and just as if I had been here all along. The feeling was funny of being in the Philippines. It felt like I was just down the street or in the next block rather than being on the other side of the world. It would be fun to live in the Philippines, but then I like living here too, so wherever a person is I think they can be happy. Where a person lives is not as important as how they live, and what they are like on the inside, and if they live to please the Lord.

Lately the weather is hovering around the freezing point here. It has been feeling like it could snow. This evening I had an undershirt and two very warm shirts on while I was walking Scooby, and I was still cold. Not extremely cold, but I was cold enough that I was putting my hands in my pants pockets, first one and then the other, and my hands were cold enough that I thought my fingers would not move when I tried to play the piano, but it didn't take long for them to warm up. I was walking the dog just a bit after dark as I got tied up signing up for social security. I heard some wood chewing, but I couldn't see. I called the dog that was lose, and he acted like he had been naughty. I went and looked after, and he chewed off one our daughter's tree/bush with his teeth. I had her come out and look at it, and she said when she had cut it off to give the roots a chance to develop, and now the dog chewed it off a little more, so she is not mad, but she did suggest that I keep the other dog in when I walk Scooby, so I feel bad that I have to do that to the dog, but it is his fault, and Carol says not to worry about it because he is just a dog, and he gets to run lose most of the time anyway. I was walking Scooby right by those trees/bushes, not realizing the other dog was chewing on them. He liked to chew wood, cut off trees, and we have lost some to him ourselves, until we fence him out of our back yard. Oh, well such is life, and we'll all adjust and be fine.

It was cold enough today that I had to leave the pellet stove burning one notch hotter than I have been, and it was cold enough that I had to leave it there since early this yesterday morning and all this night. We will have more colder days than warmer days for a while now as it is that time of year. Our grandson in Sidney, Australia is experiencing spring now, and in January they will be in the heat of their summer! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby eStu » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:09 am

We've had some quite hot weather here lately in Sydney, Australia... and maybe this second bit belongs in the Pinoy Food thread but in the heat I've really been wanting some halo halo... which is strange cuz I've never tried it, but I heard about it and I think it's like something else I've tried elsewhere in S.E Asia but maybe with a local twist to it.

Anyone know what I'm talking about when I say halo halo? Hopefully I'm not all confused. :D
eStu

Postby tom » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:07 am

Edwin wrote:We will have more colder days than warmer days for a while now as it is that time of year. Our grandson in Sidney, Australia is experiencing spring now, and in January they will be in the heat of their summer! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
eStu wrote:We've had some quite hot weather here lately in Sydney, Australia...
    hmmm... may we assume, from this, eStu is Edwin's grandson??? 8-) ;) :lol:
Image"Weep not! Behold! the Lion of the tribe of Judah is victorious... and His kingdom will never end." (rev.5; luke 1:30-33;isaiah 9:6-7,11:1-10)
tom

Postby Edwin » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:51 pm

tom wrote:
Edwin wrote:We will have more colder days than warmer days for a while now as it is that time of year. Our grandson in Sidney, Australia is experiencing spring now, and in January they will be in the heat of their summer! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
eStu wrote:We've had some quite hot weather here lately in Sydney, Australia...
    hmmm... may we assume, from this, eStu is Edwin's grandson??? 8-) ;) :lol:

eStu may know our grandson, who knows? His name is Andrew Anderberg, and he is attending that worship leaders' and Bible College, Hillsong. He is quite talented, sings, plays the piano, and plays the guitar. He sings and plays his guitar late a night at a grocery store. He makes enough money from that to pay his rent, buy his groceries, and some spending money. The people at the grocery store also feed him after he is finished with his evening singing and playing. He is a good kid and a go getter. While we are here freezing we are thinking about him being there in his shorts and suffering from the heat! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:52 pm

Today is non working holiday in celebration of muslim fiesta. Today i sunny day and it is so hot here. As in very hot :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I really want to go swimming.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:02 am

crisipicada wrote:Today is non working holiday in celebration of muslim fiesta. Today i sunny day and it is so hot here. As in very hot :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I really want to go swimming.

Crisi, you should go swiming! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: While I was in the Philippines I had a chance to go swiming every day I was there, and it was hot enough, and the water was warm. I am a funny guy. All the years we lived by that huge lake at its head where you could only go there with a boat or an airplane, I never once went swiming in that lake. I had lots of chances. That lake is just a few degrees above freezing and people are not able to stay in it very long until their muscles stop working. If they are caught out into they can't survive very long because like I said their muscles stop working and then they drown. During the hottest days there, and it can get 105 degrees F., the kids sit on rocks and go in and out of the water all day, but they don't stay in it more than a few minutes. I have been down under the water as far as my shoulders with my clothes on while I was bringing a ramp up out of the water that someone had dropped. I didn't feel the cold, but I did ruin a good radio because I forgot I was wearing it! :o :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Anyway the last full day we were at Amlan, Negros Oriental, I decided that I wanted to swim. I went in with a pair of flip flops, but I couldn't keep them on, because I never wore them in my life, so I took them off and put them on a tall rock. Then I could hardly walk because of tender feet. I ended up bruising and cutting the bottom of one of my feet on the corel. Because it was so difficult to walk, and the current from the wind was making it hard for me to balance, I decided to swim even though the water was pretty shallow. I banged my knee on a rock that was close to the surface, so now my knee was bleeding, and I didn't even know I had cut my foot until I saw blood on my sock. Anyway Al told me he wanted me to get out of the water because I was bleeding, and he was afraid I would draw sharks and they would get him! So I got out of the water, washed off, and the bleeding stopped shortly, but my knew is still bruised and sore after 2 weeks, but it will get okay. When the dog puts his paw on my knee I cry with pain, then he wonders what he did to hurt me, but he didn't, he just put his paw where it hurts. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:04 am

Where I was swiming was in the straight between Negros Oriental, and Cebu Island just above where the ferry crosses to take people to Cebu City. It is a beautiful area! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby eStu » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:28 am

tom wrote:hmmm... may we assume, from this, eStu is Edwin's grandson??? 8-) ;) :lol:

I'll pay that. :lol:
eStu

Postby purex » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:52 am

Today is a great day and i am quite tired. THough i am stress from seminar but at least i am enlightened.
Wn God knows yor READY 4 D rsponsibility of comitment,He'l reveal D ryt prson undr Hs tym& ryt circumstnces.Wait patiently,Dont waste Ur tym srching& wshing.Grow& b redy &yo'l see.God wl giv U a lov story far betr than U cud ever dreamed
purex

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum