New Year's Resolution

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: New Year's Resolution

Postby crisipicada » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:59 pm

For 2011, I hope to be better than 2010. Better in love, work, relationship.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:01 pm

crisipicada wrote:For 2011, I hope to be better than 2010. Better in love, work, relationship.

We'll hope and pray to that end, Crisi! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby joyo » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:43 am

Of course i want to be happy all the time. Happy in business, with my working place, and my daily encounter. Improvement for the better like; waking up early, doing things on schedule and be responsible are some of my resolutions.
Believe and in believing, you will receive.
joyo

Postby Edwin » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:09 pm

There is a song, "Happiness is to know the Lord," and that is true. We don't find true happiness apart from the Lord. :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby chaychay644 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:45 am

i am the type who don't believe and does not practice new years resolution..in the sense that i believe that if a person really wants to change they don't need to wait for new year to just change what they want too..we can change anytime..
chaychay644

Postby Edwin » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:44 pm

chaychay644 wrote:i am the type who don't believe and does not practice new years resolution..in the sense that i believe that if a person really wants to change they don't need to wait for new year to just change what they want too..we can change anytime..

You are right, ChayChay, the time to change is now, if change is called for! Most New Year's Resolutions are not kept anyway. Whenever our friend commented on my weight gain, I didn't wait for the New Year to make a resolution, but I started on a plan immediately! :o :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby chaychay644 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:25 pm

Edwin wrote:You are right, ChayChay, the time to change is now, if change is called for! Most New Year's Resolutions are not kept anyway. Whenever our friend commented on my weight gain, I didn't wait for the New Year to make a resolution, but I started on a plan immediately! :o :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

that is the right decision to make when someone really wants to change..so something right away.. :D :D :D and never wait for New Year..
chaychay644

Postby red » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:44 am

My New Years resolution is to wake up early and cook breakfast...heheheh It always has to be somebody else cooking breakfast coz i wake up past 6am. lol Plus I want to do the habit of devotional prayer every 2am.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:20 am

Wow, Red! 2 a.m.! :roll: :roll: That is a wonderful goal! Carol does her devotional sometime in the morning, or even later in the day. She and our daughters use the "Daily Bread" with their Bible reading.

We have identical twin daughters that are 40 years old. They have always been early to bed early to rise people. When they were big girls living in our house, they were glad for winter and the time change so that they would say it is dark; time to go to bed. Our younger daughter is 36 years old. From the time she was little she would stay up at night as late as she could, and then she would sleep as late as she could also. But I think she is getting around earlier lately. She and her husband have been cutting firewood for a living. She is a Registered Nurse also, and we think she should be working at nursing. She did for a number of years, but we are not sure why she is not. She doesn't want to for now I guess. We pray for her, her husband, and their people a lot, and pray they will all turn their hearts to the Lord. They are most all Catholics, so they know, and our daughter told us that they listen to the same Christian songs that we listen and sing to. At at recent wedding they all knew the Lord's prayer enough to pray it heartily, and said Amen with sincerity at the end of each prayer. We pray they will turn their hearts to the Lord in sincerity.

I have always required a quite a bit of sleep until the last few years. Carol didn't require as much sleep as I, and she could get up easily. Now she requires more sleep, and more than she should, but it is from complications of her diabetes or the medications that she takes, I'm not sure. At the end of my working time I got up really early, and when we first moved here I got up really early, because we were camping in a travel trailer for a short time, and I was aligning myself with our daughter's schedule which is early, early to bed and early to rise, but since we have been living in our own place, which is most of the 2 years we have been here I have been going to bed late, and I still get up at a reasonable time, but not as early as I did. Carol sleeps a long night, and then she sleeps a lot, and rests a lot during the day. That is okay though, because she is 69 years old and has put in her time of working both in and out of the home, and then she also has health complications that drains her energy. Some days she feels really pretty good, and then other days she is so tired and doesn't feel very well. Carol works hard to eat right and pays attention to what the doctor suggests for her to do.

Our kids are good to help us too. Our daughter has hauled water for us today, and she will tomorrow because of me hurting my back. I felt guilty, and I have never backed away from doing anything because of back pain, but she insists, and says if she needs help I will help her, which is true. My back is feeling much better, but I am going to let her haul the water one more time anyway, mainly because she insists, and would feel hurt and insulted if I would not let her. My poor dogs are wondering why I am not walking them also, but I need to be strong to walk the big dog, and usually I am. When my back hurts I feel about 200 years old; otherwise I feel about 20. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:36 am

Many times i failed in my life and many times i try to get over. Many times i stumble and i try to let it go. Life is full of surprises which sometimes we do not expect. We try to be good and that good is not enough. Many times I try to do things to please others and in the end, sometimes it is not pleasing. Many times and all the time we failed promises and sometimes it gives disappointments and feelings are hurt. Many times we try to do our best and sometimes and more times our best is not best at all.

Now, I can conclude that we do nothing better as we continue to do what we do. Why? Because from the very start we cannot do best. It is by the grace of the above who help us in our infirmities to do better and He gives us strength. In Psalms 37:23, it says, "The steps of a good man is ordered by the Lord. And He delighteth in His ways." What an encouragement from above who gives us direction. In Proverbs 3:5-6, it says "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths. What a message to think that God is so loving and caring to us. We need to ask God to trust Him through everything. I personally sometimes fail this. I always ask God to increase my faith to Him and give Him my everything. Because only in Him makes the person truly satisfaction and joy in life.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum