Contacting Ladies

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Contacting Ladies

Postby brat4300 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:04 am

I read through the "Writing Tips" page on the site but my question is still... In the day and age of computers, with all the mail theft they talk about, if the girl has an e-mail address in their contact information does that mean it would be a better idea to contact them through that or should I still write a hand written letter to send?

Obviously there are many advantages to e-mail over the postal service but I also understand the sentimental value of a hand written letter and how that can much more powerful emotionally. I understand the direction to do hand written because many of the women here don't have access to the internet and it is costly for them and can be unsafe. I guess I see the other side too that if they gave an e-mail then they are either willing or able to pay for access or have access.

Guess I would like to hear some thoughts from the forum community to help me make that decision. I am in no way against doing hand written letters and maybe it is something I should do for the first couple and just ask what the situation is for each of them to see if we want to continue with an e-mail instead.

Also with Michael out of town right now... If I buy stamps from him I'm not sure when I will be getting them.

Thank for the help in advance,

Steve
brat4300

Re: Contacting Ladies

Postby Edwin » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:53 am

One thing I remember reading is that when you write a letter to send to a young lady, be sure to put that letter in a see through, non security envelope, so that people who have access to the mail can see that there is no money inside. If you send a letter in a security envelope, it will possibly be torn open to attempt to get money, then it will be discarded when no money is found. If the person can see that there is no money inside they will likely not bother the letter, and it will probably get to the person you address it to.

It was suggested that you put something that has sentimental value, but no monetary value in the letter to help win the young lady's heart, and that sounds like a good suggestion to me. It could even be amusing which might be of some value also! :lol: :lol:

You would have to ask Michael, but I have a feeling that he can have those stamps sent to you even while he is out of the country.

Before I broke my wrist my handwriting would impress the young lady's, but it has not been the same since because I lost some agility and flexibily in the movement of my hand, so now my handwriting is not as beautiful, although it is still readable.

I think I agree that there is a personal touch to getting a handwritten letter that the computer generated letter just does not match. When I was young and had girlfriends I used to get some letters that smelled really beautiful with perfume. All of those kinds of things I think make a difference.

I have heard horror stories about western guys having young ladies scam them from chat rooms using live cams. If I were in the dating action I think hand written letters would be something that I would try. Those are some of my ideas. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Tigger82d » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:24 pm

There are benefits of both. You have already stated the benefits of the hand written letters but you are missing something when it comes to the emails. It seems most of the ladies start writing one guy and that is it, they seem to give all their attention to just that one lucky fellow. If you was to hand write a letter to a lady and it makes it there in 2 weeks then there are 2 weeks that someone else has the chance to write a email and win her affection first. In my opinion start writing emails and if you have one that you really like then keep with the emails (they are so great for communication) but also send her letters to. Just think how surprised she will be when the postman delivers her a letter from you when she isn't expecting it.
Tigger82d

Postby edeline » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:29 pm

I know the value of sending letter to the residential address. That is really great and when the girl will receive that, there will be so much happiness in her inside. Yes, it will be a very different feeling when the girl receives a letter which she didn't expect and take note that the girl will think that you are serious with that because you are giving an effort to wrtie a letter than just merely emails. There is a disadvantage when you send a letter because it is not 100% sure that it will reach to teh sender specially when it is thick because the people will think there is money inside. Also, it needs more patience as the letter will take at least 15 days.. The first time that I received a letter. I was so so happy and I even keep it until now. The feeling is just so unexplainable when a girl receives a letter.

I suggest try sending a letter through the address but not just rely on that. Try also the email address and see if will arrive. I hope that it will be successful because before my exbf send me letters which I think more than 5 but even one nothing arrived.
I was confuse what was going on but all of my letters were received by him.

Edz
edeline

Postby Edwin » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:29 pm

Before Carol and I were married I had a good time writing letters to the young ladies, and I think they enjoyed writing to me also. Most of my girlfriends were distance girlfriends, but the furthest one was about 800 miles away, and it took only a few days to get a letter. I have always loved the young ladies, of course after Carol and I got married I had to limit my expressions of love for most of them. I had a lot of girl friends, but not too many serious girlfriends. I was really sensitive back then, and I usually got my feelings hurt is what ended most of them. Carol and I didn't go together long enough for me to get my feelings hurt, so I ended up marrying her. We went together for a few weeks, and we only saw each other during that time just a few times. I was too busy working in the field, and too far away to spend time with her. Of course she and I knew who each other was almost all of our lives, but we really didn't know each other. Now it has been 42 & 1/2 years, and I think we are going to keep the vows that we declared before God and all the people. Both of us have determined that, and I think we are going to do that. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby brat4300 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:12 pm

I've seen a couple people just post here in the forums... Is that even a good way to start? Do I just post here and let the women that would like to just PM me or something?
brat4300

Postby edeline » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:39 am

brat4300 wrote:I've seen a couple people just post here in the forums... Is that even a good way to start? Do I just post here and let the women that would like to just PM me or something?

Yes it can be a good start to post here in the forums. You can let the women know what you would like. It is always free to express what you want. If you like someone from the photos on the picture listing, you can always ask the administrator and send him a message if you want to get the address.
Last edited by edeline on Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
edeline

Postby Edwin » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:01 pm

Yes, this forum is a very friendly place, and as Edeline said, you can post what you want, show your personality, and make some friends. You can show your wit, be funny, and have some very good input on subjects listed or start your own. I have seen another forum place that has very good information, and the people are helpful to each other on the subject, but they are often sarcastic, and even mean on occasions, and I haven't see that here. People are nice to each other, and even when they are blunt, to the point, and outspoken, they are still nice, and don't belittle others. This is a very good place. For those hoping to gain friendships that might even devolope into serious affairs and even marriage, there are people reading these posts that have not registered, and so you don't know who might become interested in you. So remember that when you post; that you have a larger audience than you realize! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby chaychay644 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:02 am

Edwin wrote:Yes, this forum is a very friendly place, and as Edeline said, you can post what you want, show your personality, and make some friends. You can show your wit, be funny, and have some very good input on subjects listed or start your own. I have seen another forum place that has very good information, and the people are helpful to each other on the subject, but they are often sarcastic, and even mean on occasions, and I haven't see that here. People are nice to each other, and even when they are blunt, to the point, and outspoken, they are still nice, and don't belittle others. This is a very good place. For those hoping to gain friendships that might even devolope into serious affairs and even marriage, there are people reading these posts that have not registered, and so you don't know who might become interested in you. So remember that when you post; that you have a larger audience than you realize! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i've been also to lots of forum and i have never been to this kind wherein people are nice..they respect other peoples opinion and whenever they post to certain topic, they always express their feelings and direct to the topic..unlike other forum, people seems to be sarcastic and post nonsense stuff resulting to out-of-topic..
chaychay644

Postby Edwin » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:50 pm

chaychay644 wrote:
Edwin wrote:Yes, this forum is a very friendly place, and as Edeline said, you can post what you want, show your personality, and make some friends. You can show your wit, be funny, and have some very good input on subjects listed or start your own. I have seen another forum place that has very good information, and the people are helpful to each other on the subject, but they are often sarcastic, and even mean on occasions, and I haven't see that here. People are nice to each other, and even when they are blunt, to the point, and outspoken, they are still nice, and don't belittle others. This is a very good place. For those hoping to gain friendships that might even devolope into serious affairs and even marriage, there are people reading these posts that have not registered, and so you don't know who might become interested in you. So remember that when you post; that you have a larger audience than you realize! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i've been also to lots of forum and i have never been to this kind wherein people are nice..they respect other peoples opinion and whenever they post to certain topic, they always express their feelings and direct to the topic..unlike other forum, people seems to be sarcastic and post nonsense stuff resulting to out-of-topic..

Yes, this place gives a very good feeling, and helps to make everyone happy! :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Next

Return to General Forum