Concern about Government Employees and Officials

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Concern about Government Employees and Officials

Postby nicolenadar » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:12 pm

I am an ordinary citizen of this country. I am not rich nor poor but maybe in the middle. My concern about is these government officials and employees which sometimes do not know their responsibilities and how to treat clients when coming to their respective offices. We have known that government employees and officials are servant of the people and so likewise the people are they serve with utmost courtesy and respect? Anyone wants to contribute about this dellima and how will you improve your service to the people?

About the government officials, why are they good in campaign period and later when they win the position as in everything is forgotten. As if they do not know what to do and what they want to accomplish. Please wake up and please improve for the betterment of the country.
nicolenadar

Re: Concern about Government Employees and Officials

Postby wantingmore » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:31 pm

I have some observations, too. Why some government officials delaying the process of permits and other documents needed by the clients. is there flowchart to expedite the processing?
wantingmore

Postby blister » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:48 pm

nicolenadar wrote:I am an ordinary citizen of this country. I am not rich nor poor but maybe in the middle. My concern about is these government officials and employees which sometimes do not know their responsibilities and how to treat clients when coming to their respective offices. We have known that government employees and officials are servant of the people and so likewise the people are they serve with utmost courtesy and respect? Anyone wants to contribute about this dellima and how will you improve your service to the people?

About the government officials, why are they good in campaign period and later when they win the position as in everything is forgotten. As if they do not know what to do and what they want to accomplish. Please wake up and please improve for the betterment of the country.

Good observation and good comment to all those who are working in the government service. This is one way you can write and express yourself about the things that is happening around us. In fact we have that Right of Expression.

I would like to write here about some provision related the above-questioned. Republic Act 6713 AN ACT ESTABLISHING A CODE OF CONDUCT AND ETHICAL STANDARDS FOR PUBLIC OFFICIALS AND EMPLOYEES, TO UPHOLD THE TIME HONORED PRINCIPLE OF PUBLIC OFFICE BEING A PUBLIC TRUST, GRANTING INCENTIVES AND REWARDS FOR EXEMPLARY SERVICE, ENUMERATING PROHIBITED ACTS AND TRANSACTIONS THERE AND OTHER PURPOSES.

Section 4 (a) of the above stated code, Norms of Conduct of Public Officials and Employees, it states that: "Commitment to public interest-Public officials and employees shall always uphold the public interest ove the above personal interest. All government resources and powers of their respective offices must be employed and usedefficiency, effectively, honestly and economically, particularly to avoid wastage in public funds and revenues.

This section clearly states that the government - includes the National Government, the local governments and all other instrumentalities, agencies or branches of the Republic of the Philippines including government-owned and controlled corporations and their subsidiaries will be committed to their task being oath. Believe it or not, those who work in the government agencies must give due respect and courtesy to the people and vice versa.
blister

Postby blister » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:02 pm

wantingmore wrote:I have some observations, too. Why some government officials delaying the process of permits and other documents needed by the clients. is there flowchart to expedite the processing?

Good point. Okay, in section 5 of Republic Act 6713, also known as "Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards for Public Officials and Employees, it states that: Duties of Public Officials and Employees-In performance of their duties, all officials and employees are under obligation to:

[list=](a) Act promptly on letters and requests. - All public officials and employees shall, within (15) working days from receipt thereof, respond to letters, telegrams or other means of communications sent by the public. The reply must contain action taken on the request[/list]

In addition, section 5(e) states that: "Make documents accessible to the public. -All public documents must be made accessible to and readily available for inspection by the public within reasonable working hours.

Furthermore, there is always a flow of chart how to transact business in the government offices. There is always a client desk or information table where you can ask about the matter.
blister

Postby mona » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:12 pm

I have known a government employee in the hospital wherein she is designated as cashier to that hospital. During the surprise audit, it was found out that she was short of about 20,000 pesos. In that spot inventory, she must have provided that amount within that day. Unfortunately, she was not able to provide. After a week she already paid off the money. Is she still liable and what probable thing would happen to her? Anyone can advise?
mona

Postby blister » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:31 pm

This case is a good example to be very careful. The line "It pays to do good" must be remembered everytime we are tempted to do wrong. Yes, she distinguish the civil liability but she will still have to answer the criminal liability, because it is an act and there is violation and it is sin. I advise you to tell your friend to talk to the head and ask another chance to be in the service since it is hard to land a job today. She might be given that another chance and maybe she will hold another office and not as cashier.
blister

Postby edeline » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:30 am

I am of high respect to those people who landed a job in public. It is such a difficult thing to land in public but I do't know how tough it is on others areas. In the area of teaching it is very difficult and I salute those teachers who landed a job on public.
There is always an oath taking when the person gets the position but what I am not sure if she is really putting into his/her heart what oath taking really means. I am thinking that maybe, he/she is just thinking of it as a compliance to take an oath but not really a service.

I think not just the officials in public should be respectful but all of us. I think they are just feeling proud of it of what is their position. There was a time when I needed to consult a doctor in our town. It was one o'clock which was suposedly the start of the work. I waited and waited, wow she was sleeping in her room and me waiting for two hours there. By the time she woke up, she seemed not happy of me being there. When I started to ASK some questions, I could really tell she wasn't please of me.

I am not happy everytime I am in a public establishment and when I am asking the staff they are not approachable. I want to reming them, hello you need to be approachable and being strict must be minimized.

BUt what I really hate most, is the Professional on Regulation Commission because the staff there are not friendly. I understand that they are busy but they must not raise up their tone of talking. I am always afraid to talk to the staff of the PRC, no escape because when I filed board examination,,there were lots of windows to be approached and asked. I needed to be very attentive and not ask again what she has said, or else,,,I will receive a very rising voice. The papers were nto being handed carefully, they were handing it over in a rush. As if you are not there plus their facial expression without a smile..
edeline

Postby Chas » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:58 pm

edeline wrote:I am of high respect to those people who landed a job in public. It is such a difficult thing to land in public but I do't know how tough it is on others areas. In the area of teaching it is very difficult and I salute those teachers who landed a job on public.
There is always an oath taking when the person gets the position but what I am not sure if she is really putting into his/her heart what oath taking really means. I am thinking that maybe, he/she is just thinking of it as a compliance to take an oath but not really a service.

I think not just the officials in public should be respectful but all of us. I think they are just feeling proud of it of what is their position. There was a time when I needed to consult a doctor in our town. It was one o'clock which was suposedly the start of the work. I waited and waited, wow she was sleeping in her room and me waiting for two hours there. By the time she woke up, she seemed not happy of me being there. When I started to ASK some questions, I could really tell she wasn't please of me.

I am not happy everytime I am in a public establishment and when I am asking the staff they are not approachable. I want to reming them, hello you need to be approachable and being strict must be minimized.

BUt what I really hate most, is the Professional on Regulation Commission because the staff there are not friendly. I understand that they are busy but they must not raise up their tone of talking. I am always afraid to talk to the staff of the PRC, no escape because when I filed board examination,,there were lots of windows to be approached and asked. I needed to be very attentive and not ask again what she has said, or else,,,I will receive a very rising voice. The papers were nto being handed carefully, they were handing it over in a rush. As if you are not there plus their facial expression without a smile..

Just remember, you pay their wages with your taxes. They work for you!!!
Chas

Postby Edwin » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:43 pm

You have heard people say don't talk about politics or religion. The idea is that these subjects can stir up some very strong feelings. I like to talk both, but if I sense a huge fight coming I back away from the conversation.

Many people have strong feelings about whether you belong to one religious group or another. I do have problems with things that various groups believe and practice, but basically if people believe that Jesus lived His life to save us, that He died and rose again, that He wants to save us, and that He is coming again to receive His Own, and that He is preparing a place for His Own, then that is a good basis for fellowship, and it doesn't matter if the people are Catholics, Baptists, Seventh Day, or whatever else they are as long as they believe in Jesus, and that He lived and died to save us, and that He wants us to live a victorious life over sin and the devil, then we have fellowship with each other. It is when people deny God, the Bible, and God's Person and Power that there are problems.

Our friend is a Democrat and I am a Republican. He tells people, "Now we better not discuss this as David is a Republican." Well, I like it that the Republicans are opposed to abortions, and guy rights, and I might step on some toes there, but I believe the Bible decribes the gay life style as a life of sin, and death is the result. Republicans stand for God and right more than Democrats. Republicans support Christian lifestyles and morality. Many times the Democrates support evil, while the Republicans support God's ways. I think it is more that way now that it used to be. Now you can almost describe Republican as Christian, and Democrat as evil. All you have to do is think about what they stand for, and then it is easy to figure them out. :) :) :) :)
Edwin

Postby nicolenadar » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:41 pm

Chas wrote:
edeline wrote:I am of high respect to those people who landed a job in public. It is such a difficult thing to land in public but I do't know how tough it is on others areas. In the area of teaching it is very difficult and I salute those teachers who landed a job on public.

Just remember, you pay their wages with your taxes. They work for you!!!

We are paying taxes but we don't receive satisfaction of service. This Christmas season lots of government employees receiving gifts to expedite processing of permits. If others has nothing to give then delayed processing. Where is the justice here?
nicolenadar

Next

Return to General Forum