HEALTH TIPS - ON CELL PHONES ( 1 )

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: HEALTH TIPS - ON CELL PHONES ( 1 )

Postby Edwin » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:46 pm

Chas wrote:
Erin wrote:Are cell phones of today still dangerous when it comes to radiation? How does the radiation from a cell phone compare to other electronic devices that we use? I saw last night a news story that said the Chernobyl is open for tours now. The radiation is still high but on a two hour tour, you will get less radiation than you would get on a overseas flight. The part that shocked me was that there is radiation on an overseas flight.

There is radiation everywhere on this earth to a greater or lesser extent. More serious if you ingest the radioactive substance either by breathing it or eating it. Live in a house built on granite and without adequate ventilation you can get serious doses of radiation from breathing the radon gas emitted from the granite.

Don't worry about radiation from cell phones. I expect Filipinas are more at risk from 'RSI' from excessive texting than damage from radiation. :lol:

I guess a lot of people's basements emit radon gas, and I saw some years ago that they were checking people's basements for radon gas.

What is "RSI?" Thank you! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Chas » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:23 am

Edwin wrote:
I guess a lot of people's basements emit radon gas, and I saw some years ago that they were checking people's basements for radon gas.

RSI = Repetitive Strain Injury. Suffered by those who do repetitive tasks. Those who type a lot can get very painful wrists in later life. It is because of RSI that firms are now taking care to ensure their staff have instructions to sit properly at a PC.
Chas

Postby Edwin » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Chas wrote:
Edwin wrote:

RSI = Repetitive Strain Injury. Suffered by those who do repetitive tasks. Those who type a lot can get very painful wrists in later life. It is because of RSI that firms are now taking care to ensure their staff have instructions to sit properly at a PC.

Yes, I am familiar with that, just didn't know/remember the term. Some of them have what is called carpel tunnel, not sure of spelling?, and it is basically the same thing. Carol's brother had trouble with that for a while. I haven't heard anything lately, so maybe he is over that by now. We have grandkids who text constantly. When they don't have anything else they need to do, and sometimes when they do have other things to do, their thumbs and fingers on going on that cell phone texting to beat everything. It amazes me how fast they can text! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby villa » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:54 am

:lol: ..Yes, they said that Philippines is the TEXT CAPITAL of the World. :lol:
villa

Postby Edwin » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:45 pm

villa wrote::lol: ..Yes, they said that Philippines is the TEXT CAPITAL of the World. :lol:

Yes, and when I was there I saw some very quick agile fingers moving almost at the speed of light! Well, maybe not that fast, but definately fast! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:11 am

My hands get hurt when i type at the laptop keyboard.
I have noticed that when i stay long in the computer it makes me weak.
Is it because of the radiation?
Sometimes my eye sight also get blur.

About cellphone, I for sure experience headache after a long time of talking.
It is a bad thing about cellphone.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:43 am

Yes, I'm not sure if the carpal tunnel has to do with the repeatitive action thing or not, but Carol's brother just had his last finger operated on in Manila. Now he has had surgery on all of his fingers. What happened with him is that he couldn't straighten out his fingers, he said that he is fine now.

I have heard that looking at computer screens so many hours is not good for your eyes, but then I don't know. We all spend a lot of time looking at them. I spent lots of time looking at the computer screen for these online college classes I have just finished. I took one test after it got dark and I had looked at the computer screen all day, and my vision was blurry, and I didn't do as well on that test, and that was one of the reasons. I did well enough, but not well enough to suit me. If I get a B I feel like I have failed, because I always get all A's. I did get one C years ago, and it ruined my good record, but it is okay. I am really not that smart, I just work very hard. I will get a 4.0, so that one test didn't damage me that badly. The glare of the light after dark effects my vision when I have looked at the computer all day.

They say it helps to put the cell phone on speaker phone and then hold it away from you. I have been doing that lately as I can hear the conversation better that way also. I'm sure there is some radiation from computer screens as well as television screens, but I don't know how much it is. I have also heard that it is not good to be underneath power lines either. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Previous

Return to General Forum