Are you saved? "How did you know?"

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Are you saved? "How did you know?"

Postby crisipicada » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:50 am

Do not wait for tomorrow for tomorrow might not come. Accept Christ now.. I have accepted Him also.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby abufarsi » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:19 pm

I find it difficult to know if I am saved or not.

No problem with the big 10 commands... They are just typical thinking of an honest person anyway.

No problem with accepting the salvation of Jesus either.

But I am running into some problems with those who lead organized religion. The lack of general honesty, being forthright, talking the talk but not walking the walk.

Those to whom I refer have no doubt that they are "saved". They rant on and on about their salvation, how others who follow them could too be saved. I have had a Priest who was a known drunkard, admitted to homosexual fornication, say through him I could be saved as well.

I have sinned. I don't plan on doing it again. I have asked for forgiveness, and perhaps received it without the help of others living nearby.

If those who are running the whole show in organized religion, are not pious, could they actually believe what they preach? Should I listen to them? Should I pay them, to perhaps mislead others?

A quandary, from a Christian who refuses church.

Abufarsi
abufarsi

Postby crisipicada » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:16 am

Do not be confuse, do not mind about people say but trust the word of God. That is the most important. Did you know what is the precious thing in the world? It is the Wisdom from God. And to have wisdom is to have fear of the Lord. Means being aware of his presence with you everywhere, hating evil and giving in respect and love for God as your corrector and instructor.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:01 pm

We don't have to give account for the leaders who have not lived right. That is between them and the Lord and they willl have to answer to God for what they have done. All of us have to have to answer to God on our own, and so it is basically just me and God, or you and God. I don't know how God will judge them, and it isn't really any of my business, but it is important for me not to stumble because of what someone else has done. I think a lot of people, and I am not referring to anyone here, use what others have done badly as an excuse for them to live badly, and it doesn't make sense. Carol always reminds me that I should not stoop to someone else's level, to get even or to not be what I should be because someone else is not what they should be.

What Crisi said is good, to be aware of God's presence with you, hating evil, and giving respect to God as our Instructor and corrector. God is Good all the time, God is Good. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby chaychay644 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:23 am

In this world full of mystery..nobody knows whether u'll be save or not in the sense that it is only our Heavenly Father that knows the answer..thats why its always right to do what is right in the eyes of God..though we all knew that it is difficult coz we are not perfect..we always stumble on making mistakes..But, still we should respect on what other people believes or what faith they have coz we can't never make them believe on what we do..

"Keep on asking, and it will be given you; keep on seeking, and you will find; keep on knocking, and it will be opened to you. For everyone asking receives, and everyone seeking finds, and to everyone knocking it will be opened."—LUKE 11:9, 10.
chaychay644

Postby Edwin » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:31 am

chaychay644 wrote:In this world full of mystery..nobody knows whether u'll be save or not in the sense that it is only our Heavenly Father that knows the answer..thats why its always right to do what is right in the eyes of God..though we all knew that it is difficult coz we are not perfect..we always stumble on making mistakes..But, still we should respect on what other people believes or what faith they have coz we can't never make them believe on what we do..

"Keep on asking, and it will be given you; keep on seeking, and you will find; keep on knocking, and it will be opened to you. For everyone asking receives, and everyone seeking finds, and to everyone knocking it will be opened."—LUKE 11:9, 10.

Wonderful scripture, ChayChay! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby chaychay644 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:38 am

Edwin wrote:
chaychay644 wrote:In this world full of mystery..nobody knows whether u'll be save or not in the sense that it is only our Heavenly Father that knows the answer..thats why its always right to do what is right in the eyes of God..though we all knew that it is difficult coz we are not perfect..we always stumble on making mistakes..But, still we should respect on what other people believes or what faith they have coz we can't never make them believe on what we do..

Wonderful scripture, ChayChay! :D :D :D :D

I am glad u like the scripture :)
chaychay644

Postby Edwin » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:40 am

Yes, that is Jesus invitation and promise to us! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:43 am

I am close to the end of my day, and I guess you are beginning your, huh? It is supposed to get 2 below zero F. here, and the wind is blowing hard, and we have snow drifts that you can't drive a 4 wheel drive pickup through. I am staying in the house and keeping warm!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The dog is also staying inside his house. I feel sorry for him, but he is an out side dog. I was tempted to bring him in the house, but it is better for him not to come in, get warm, then have to go out in the cold. He is a Swiss Mountain Rescrew Dog, so it is his nature to like the snow and the cold, only I don't think he likes the wind, because he is staying inside his house. He is a wonderful dog, and I love him.
Edwin

Postby chaychay644 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:54 am

Edwin wrote:Yes, that is Jesus invitation and promise to us! :D :D :D :D

Other interesting scriptures...

1. Taking blood into body through mouth or veins violates God's laws
Gen. 9:3, 4 ----Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for YOU. As in the case of green vegetation, I do give it all to YOU. 4 Only flesh with its soul—its blood—YOU must not eat.

Lev. 17:14---For the soul of every sort of flesh is its blood by the soul in it. Consequently I said to the sons of Israel: “YOU must not eat the blood of any sort of flesh, because the soul of every sort of flesh is its blood. Anyone eating it will be cut off.”

Acts 15:28, 29---For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to YOU, except these necessary things, 29 to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication. If YOU carefully keep yourselves from these things, YOU will prosper. Good health to YOU!”

2. Bible is God's Word and is truth.
2 Tim. 3:16, 17---All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.

chaychay644

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum