Paying for cellphone loads

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Paying for cellphone loads

Postby brat4300 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:40 pm

So I bought my friend a new cell phone for her as a graduation present and to help us with communication. She is with the carrier Smart I think and I want to help her out with the loads for the more expensive internet package so we can communicate easier and make it less expensive for her. Anyone know of options for me to purchase loads for her phone? If I have her number can I just make payments directly to the carriers website for it for a month at a time? Any of you Filipinas that can help me out I would appreciate it.
brat4300

Re: Paying for cellphone loads

Postby Rhusette_me » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:55 pm

hi bratt! my advise is why dont u buy her a laptop because laptop consumes lesser loads of inteRNET than the phone..
Rhusette_me

Postby Edwin » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:31 pm

We and our three daughters use cell phones for communication/talk and receive conversation calls. The kids are all into texting, so the rest of us get sucked into texting also. I never have, but my wifel, Carol answers the grandkids texts when they do text. They all have the plan, so it doesn't add to their bill, but we don't, so I think it is 10 cents each or something like that.

None of us intend to get on the internet with our cell phone, but it is possible, and all you have to do is click a buttom that you don't even know you clicked. I think the company would erase the charges, and then explain how to stay off the internet.

We were in town today as well as yesterday, as Carol had jury duty, and I am working on a house. Carol got a call from her brother in the Philippines, and she got pretty excited about that. He is coming to Kitsap County, Northwest of Seattle in a couple of weeks, and we will meet some where north of Seattle. She is pretty excited about that! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby jadegil6 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:36 am

Rhusette_me wrote:hi bratt! my advise is why dont u buy her a laptop because laptop consumes lesser loads of inteRNET than the phone..

And while you are at it, bratt, Edwin needs a new roof, and I could use lumber rack for my truck. hehe Sorry, Rhusette_me, but I couldn't resist inserting a little humor into your post. The advice that almost everyone who has had on online realtionship will give is this: Don't spend too much money on someone who you have never met, and then, after meeting each other, if you are convinced that you are right for each other, then it makes more sense to spend money on gifts.

I know that the three main carriers in the Philippines are Smart, Globe, and Sun. Each have internet load packages available for sale. I know that some of the forum members are using (or have used) one of these, and know the costs involved. Hopefully, one of these members will enlighten you (and us) on what is available, and how much it costs.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby jadegil6 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:56 pm

I asked a freind who lives in Cebu about it, and was told that you can pay for cellphone internet service by the month through Smart or Globe, and that you can go online to set that up and probably pay for it. Once she has the phone, then she may have to go into one of their service centers to get her phone started.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby Edwin » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:49 pm

That is some pretty good humor, Michael! :lol: :lol:

Before our grandkids came to live with us, well only the older one is living with us now, but anyway they had a blue heeler that ate some of the keys off from their laptop. They could still make it work, but then the back light went bad, and the repair guy that they were going to told them that it would be cheaper to buy another laptop than to fix that one. I started out searching for Gateway computers, and I found a discount place that had a top of the line Gateway laptop, brand new for $270.00. What was the hitch? It was supposed to be dented and scatched. I asked our granddaughter if that would bother her, and she said, "not at all," as the other laptop had key missing that the dog had chewed off. When the computer laptop came we couldn't see where it had been dented or scratched, so it was really a good deal, and it has been working for about a year now. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:49 pm

i recommend SUN network because there is unlimited call and text for only 15 pesos to all network.please try it really save a lot of money while calling at 7pesos per minute using other network.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:14 pm

crisipicada wrote:i recommend SUN network because there is unlimited call and text for only 15 pesos to all network.please try it really save a lot of money while calling at 7pesos per minute using other network.

That does sound reasonable for unlimited call and text for only 15 pesos! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:22 am

sorry i was wrong. it is exclusive to sun to sun network. so you cannot call other network, i am sad. i bought last tuesday that simcard thinking i can save a lot of money for the load. :( :( :( :( :( :(

i am sad about that guy who sell simcard at the office, he was not honest at all :x :x :x :x :x

now i did not use that simcard anymore very sad. :x :x :x :x :x
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:22 am

crisipicada wrote:sorry i was wrong. it is exclusive to sun to sun network. so you cannot call other network, i am sad. i bought last tuesday that simcard thinking i can save a lot of money for the load. :( :( :( :( :( :(

i am sad about that guy who sell simcard at the office, he was not honest at all :x :x :x :x :x

now i did not use that simcard anymore very sad. :x :x :x :x :x

I am sorry, Crisi! I have had things like that happen to me in the past where someone does not tell you the whole story while they are selling you something. Then you find out later what the whole story is. I had someone tell me the credit card was a great promotional rate for 6 months or so. It turned out that the promotion was only on balance transfers and I didn't need that at all. So I started paying the card off completely every month, and in that way it didn't cost me anything at all, so it actually worked out to my advantage. Had it really been a good deal I probably would have carried the balance, but not at a high rate of interest. It was a credit card that I had for years with another company and then Bank of America bought them out. I had a wonderful deal until Bank of America bought them out, and then it was not such a great deal anymore. :( :( :( :(

I bought a calling card which has really reasonable charges for calling the Philippines so that Carol could call and talk with her brother. I paid $20.00 US dollars. The bad thing is that Carol doesn't care to call. She is just as happy to e-mail her brother so I think I wasted my $20.00. Oh well, we she will probably use it before it is over with. Once you use it you have a year to use the rest of the minutes, but we have never used it yet, so I guess it will be good for a long time, unless the company decides to terminate it for non-use, and you never know. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Next

Return to General Forum