What did you have for breakfast?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: What did you have for breakfast?

Postby Edwin » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:11 pm

Today my breakfast was one bowl of cooked oatmeal with milk. The milk was a can of condensed milk, as our cow is not giving as much milk yet, since winter just finished, and it is still cold here, like in the 30's F. We get a gallon every other day, and that way our daughter's family has milk also. None of them drink milk. She makes cheese with her milk. I am like a cow's calf for milk. We were getting a gallon every day before when the cow was giving more milk, and I was drinking most of it. Our twins cannot drink milk like that because it affects their stomachs adversly, but our younger daughter can drink milk just like I do. My Dad liked milk, but he had the same problem our twins have and he couldn't drink much either, but my older brother is like I am and can drink a gallon of milk each day. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: My brother and I also like to eat thick gobby cream on every thing! We also make butter with some of it.
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:41 pm

This morning I had oatmeal with thick cream on it that rises on the milk from our milk cow. I usually get raisins also in the oatmeal, but we must be out of raisins. We will be going to Costco in a few days when I go to see the doctor, so we can get oatmeal and raisins then. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:29 am

This morning Carol set a bowl of cheerios in front of me. I didn't tell her that I didn't like them, but what I said was, "why aren't you saving the cheerios for you," because I know she likes them, and I would rather have cooked oatmeal with raisins, but she was in a hurry because of being church morning, so that is okay. I used to eat cheerios all the time for breakfast, but I have been eating cooked oatmeal for breakfast for probably about 15 years now, with raisins and milk of course! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:48 pm

I got a box of pancake mix and blueberry syrup for Christmas. I was thankful for my presents, but they have some bad ingrediants, like hydrogenated oil and high fructose corn syrup, but the little that we ate of it will not hurt us that badly, and it is gone now, so we can eat more healthy food instead. It tasted very good, and was fun to eat, but I wouldn't want to make a habit of eating those foods! I ate about 4 chicken eggs on the hotcakes, and drank 2 cups of hot chocolate, and was it ever good! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:57 am

I think my mother used to buy the cut and chopped up ends of the bacon. That is what is left over after they slice the bacon nice and thin, and the bacon ends are much cheaper, you get the best meat, and it is just very good bacon. It is not always available as they don't make these little cuts on purpose to sell, but it is like they are selling their waste. Anyway this morning for breakfast we I had 3 pieces of whole grain toast with rubbarb jam, and I ate a lot of it along with these bacon ends. I also drank a cup of hot chocolate along with that. It was a very good breakfast. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:45 am

This morning I had a little bacon, a little sausage, 2 eggs, 2 pieces of whole grain toast with butter and rhubarb jam and a part of a glass of milk. It was a good breakfast, and we have been using paper plates lately because without running water Carol likes to use paper plates to have fewer dishes to wash. After we are finished eating we put the paper plates on the floor and let the dogs lick them clean. They get them so clean that we could almost eat out of them again, but we don't. We joke about putting them back into the cupboard and putting them on the table for our company, but we don't do that either! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby edeline » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:29 pm

Edwin, where is the rice? hehehe just joking. I can't still imagine myself without rice in a day. When me and my guy were together for a month before he used to tease me what will happen to me me there will be no rice in the world and that tickled me so much.

Anyway, I had a bread and hot milo/choco. I don't used to eat rice in the morning but lunch and supper must have rice.
edeline

Postby Edwin » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:46 am

Funny, Edeline! :lol: :lol: Once I got a tractor stuck in the sand, so I unloaded a slip load of hay to get the tractor unstuck; it was very sandy. The owner told me that he would not have unloaded that hay for all the rice in China! I was about 15 years old, and I thought, yes, there must be a lot of rice in China! He want me to get the tractor unstuck in a way that I did not have to unload the hay.

I have been with filipino people on a number of occasions, in the Tri-Cities, Southern Washington State, in Chicago Illinois all with relatives of my nephew and niece, she being a filipina. Anyway especially in Chicago, Illinois I had rice for all 3 meals! I didn't mind at all, as I like rice. Now my wife, Carol, is not fond of rice, but she will eat a little of it from time to time. When I was in the Philippines I ate a lot of rice; rice at home, rice in the restaurant, rice, rice, rice, and more rice. When I was in Amlan by Dugaguete City, I ate rice for every meal except breakfast, and my friend and I ate cooked oatmeal with sliced mangos in it, and milk, and that is what I eat almost every morning, cooked oatmeal with some kind of fruit, usually raisins, but on occasion, peaches, or sliced apples cooked in the oatmeal. So my friend and I ate that on the porch over looking the sea between Negros Oriental and Cebu Island, and it was fun to sit there each morning and watch the sun come up. I still like rice, and all my kids and grandkids love rice, but Carol is not fond of it. :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:09 pm

1. Rice
2. Fried fish
3. Tomato
4. slice carrots with cucumber with vinegar, sugar and salt. Add some tomato and ginger and onion.
5. Milo with milk
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Thu May 03, 2012 9:25 am

That was a great breakfast, Crisi. Yesterday morning we had rice with cinimun on it in milk, also with cranberry raisins, and it was very good! I also had a cup of hot chocolate! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum