It's all about TIME

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: It's all about TIME

Postby prettysweet » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:37 am

abufarsi wrote:Ah yes.. Filipino time!

We all know what that means... LATE!

Of course the excuse is.. traffic... no buses...overcrowded jeepneys! and lets not forget flat tires.

I learned an important and valuable lesson while there... JUST RELAX! I truly can't remember any serious consequences from waiting for the arrival of others. Of course cell phones made waiting for those who will never show up rare... but if you are happy in your own existence, it is up to you to make your own enjoyment of the time and place you are in.

While waiting for others I have used the time to reflect on the business to be discussed, met many very nice people just standing by, reflected on the total beauty of the place, revisited the eternal question " if intelligence is spread evenly across the globe, why do they do things so differently here?"

This experience has left me working to enjoy my life, not race through it thinking that "he who gets the most done, wins the challenge of life". It has made my life far more pleasant, in general. Perhaps it has made me more pleasant as well.

At least u make most of your time in an advantage way.. :) :) :) :D :D
prettysweet :) :) :)
prettysweet

Postby Edwin » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:49 am

Sometimes we get delayed, and we are not always happy about that, but sometimes it is a blessing in disguise. We might be protected from an accident that we might have had if we were able to go where we want when we want.

Our granddaughter sees the doctor and the dentist a lot. When that happens we have to go pick her up from school take her to either place then wait until she is finished with her appointment. I have used that time to study my nutrition. Now that my classes are finished I am reading a book that my friend Al White gave me. It is "Philippines" lonely planet, by Chris Rowthorn, Greg Bloom, Michael Day, Michael Grosberg, Ryan Van Berkmoes, Dr. Trish Batchelor, and Heneage Mitchell. It is a travel information book on the Philippines that gives details about each of the islands, and divisions of those islands. It is a very informative book. Al gets a new one whenever they come out, so he gave me his outdated copy, although I think the information is still pretty valid. Somethings might be obsolete, but a lot of that information doesn't change that often. Now that I am not studying for my classes I take that book with me, and I read it while she is with the dentist or the doctor, and that makes good use of my time. I enjoy learning about areas in the Philippines, and it is run to read more about the places that I visited last fall as a reminder of the good times that I had with my friends Al and Claire White. My brother-in-law lives there also on Guimaras Island, but I didn't get to see him and his filipina wife as they were installing a solar electric system. They are coming to Kitsap County, not far from Seattle in about a month, and we will all see them then which will be fun. Carol is afraid to fly, otherwise she would have gone with me last fall. But she went in 2006 when I could not go, and she said that she was so afraid of being in that airplane that she swore she would never do that again. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I would love to do it again, but I have some projects that I need to work on first, then when I am able to go to the Philippines again I will enjoy it immensely as I did before.
Edwin

Postby chaychay644 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:46 pm

abufarsi wrote:
" if intelligence is spread evenly across the globe, why do they do things so differently here?"

Yea, we can't deny the fact that there are Filipinos who often got late on their appointments, one of the examples are the persons who kept you waiting while you were here in the Philippines for vacation. But, I guess despite of that experience it's not proper for you to judge the intelligence of all Filipinos. There are lots of Filipinos out there who are very time conscious and do things which the people on your own country does... :) :) :) :) :)
chaychay644

Postby Edwin » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:07 pm

chaychay644 wrote:
abufarsi wrote:
" if intelligence is spread evenly across the globe, why do they do things so differently here?"

Yea, we can't deny the fact that there are Filipinos who often got late on their appointments, one of the examples are the persons who kept you waiting while you were here in the Philippines for vacation. But, I guess despite of that experience it's not proper for you to judge the intelligence of all Filipinos. There are lots of Filipinos out there who are very time conscious and do things which the people on your own country does... :) :) :) :) :)

Why did the monkey throw the clock over the cliff???? Answer: He wanted to see time fly!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Tue May 17, 2011 10:25 pm

some people find their partners so soon some don't. how i wish i can find it so soon and be there for me so soon. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:32 pm

It is interesting that when you are a little kid time goes ever so slowly. Then a life time seem ever so lengthy. At that time I heard that when you get older time will move ever so quickly. That is true. My Dad before he died said that it only seemed like yesterday when he was a kid, and now I am older than my Dad was when it died. They say when you are having fun time flies. Maybe trying to get things accomplished ahead of a deadline makes time seem to pass by rather quickly. Anyway for me just like my Dad it seems only a short time back to when I was a little boy! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Previous

Return to General Forum