Every time I turn on CNN there is a disaster

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Every time I turn on CNN there is a disaster

Postby candrtgmer » Mon May 23, 2011 3:02 pm

It`s weird how many disaters there have been recently Tornados,Tsunami and Earthquakes.What next.

The death roll, 80, is probably going to climb, officials say. Rescuers in Joplin, where whole districts were smashed by Sunday's tornado, try and beat out an approaching storm. But a lack of supplies, closed roads and downed power lines stand in the way.

By midmorning Monday, about 20 hours after the tornado stuck a six mile wound in the heart of the city, residents searched through the rubble in what reminded many of a war sector. Some houses in the middle of the tornado's trail were no longer structures at all just slabs of concrete besieged by tangled mounds of private electronics, tennis shoes, youth photographs and box fans. All of the detritus of private lives were dispersed for the public eye to see.

2,000 buildings suffered damage. its conjectured the damage covered a quarter or more of the city of about Fifty thousand folk some 160 miles south of Kansas City. He said his home was among those demolished.
candrtgmer

Re: Every time I turn on CNN there is a disaster

Postby abufarsi » Mon May 23, 2011 6:41 pm

Ain't it true.

What is even more disheartening is that 1000 times a many personal tragedies are not reported. So much suffering in the world. I find myself asking God, WHY? Why must we suffer so?

Of course those who were killed, whose loved ones were killed, who are now homeless, believed in GOD, trusted God, tried to lead good lives, and yet, their life's work and ambitions are simply blown away.

Perhaps, these harsh lessons that God allows are reasons for all of us to re focus on what is promised in God's plan. How we all are working for a life, an eternity, at the side of Jesus. That the material things gained cannot be taken to our ultimate destination. Use these reports to refresh your work in and on your faith. Know that you are here to practice God's work, who you will surly meet for the first time alone and without possessions, feeling, as I am sure some of those who lost so much in the tornado, feel today.
abufarsi

Return to General Forum