Filipina Culture

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Filipina Culture

Postby jadegil6 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:07 pm

This Is The Place To Ask Any Questions You Have About Filipina Culture ,Or To Share Your Stories About Filipina Culture :P
jadegil6
Site Admin

Re: Filipina Culture

Postby cutegen » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:23 pm

:D

A romantic relationship with a Filipina has a better chance of success if you understand her culture. Filipina women live in a culture focused on the community, with the family as the core social unit. Here faithfulness to the family is a tradition.

In the Philippines, it is important to meet a woman’s family because the family is so important to her. If a man wants to be taken seriously by a woman, he has to visit the latter's family and introduce himself formally to the parents of the girl. It is rather inappropriate to court a woman and formalize the relationship without informing the parents of the girl.

As far as courting is concerned, Filipinas are expected to be pakipot (playing hard to get) because it is seen as an appropriate behavior in a courtship dance. It is also one way by which the Filipina will be able to measure the sincerity of her admirer.

Traditionally, in Filipina families the husband is expected to be the main breadwinner, chiefly responsible for the financial sustenance of the family, and the wife is of the home: Filipino ladies equate domestic responsibility with being a good wife. They put their family first and they are more willing to sacrifice their career than their family.

Filipino girls, are not only beautiful women but a delight to be around because of the famous Filipina disposition and personality. Many men who have chosen a Filipina for their wife swear that they are loyal, loving and faithful past death.
cutegen

Postby BBR » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:44 pm

>"As far as courting is concerned, Filipinas are expected to be pakipot (playing hard to get) because it is seen as an appropriate behavior in a courtship dance.<"

This hard to get can carry into marriage (MIND GAMES) and hence put a strain on the marriage. I have seen many mixed marriages break down because of this
mentality of "hard to get."

There are two other points I would like to point out to readers who may be considering marriage to a Fillipina; The Philippine society is MATRIARCHIAL and the eldest sibling can /
will / and does subvertly interfere with the husband's theocratic headship in the marriage.

While I love the Philippines as a preffered holiday destination, I do find the prospect of interferrence of a potential marriage to a nice young lady to be daunting because of the prospect of having to play second fiddle to the eldest sibling or the heated arguments which would ensue.
BBR

Postby Shadith » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:15 am

The Filipino economy hasnt changed very much in the last 30 years, it very much relies on inward investment, but much more importantly and very much mis-understood the "personal investment that comes Eastwards" the Filipino economy thrives on inward bound remittances, these are the lifeblood of all local economies, from provincial, City, Barangay and Purok economies, in any Purok ( smallest unit of population living together) there are always relatives, siblings and Parents, receiving some form of overseas inward bound remittances from an oversees foreign worker, or spouse/fiancee in the family.

Because the inward bound remittances are so important to the local economies, the Philippines would have much trouble trying to be self sufficient without it, this is because the family structure in the Philippines is designed to be inter-dependant, not independant, in other words, you have heard the phrase, "No chicken without the egg - no egg without the chicken" this is exactly how the Filipino family unit works, children grow up, they get married, they have children, they put their children to university and colleges, the kids graduate look for work, or go overaseas, get jobs, send money for the parents, who are now being supported, the parents supported their children when they were growing, the children repay that with their support when the parents are not in the job market, or are no longer able to work, a great system you might think, and it is !!, its a pity they didnt export it here, and there is never any suggestion in a Filipino family, of putting Lola (Grandmother) into a care home and locking her away.
Shadith

Postby maynayz » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:37 pm

I am engaged to marry my Filipina fiancee whom I love dearly. I would say the one thing to remember about Filipinas is that they are "extremely jealous" and I would capitalize 'extremely'. Just because she seems like a small package of woman with hot looks, sexy accent and a winsome smile does not mean she is not jealous. Unlike many American Women who seem to pass off the history of "another/the other woman" from the past, Filipinas are not known to tolerate the memory of another female very well. She will display this rather obvious and it is best to get the hint since she will usually just say "wala" when you ask her what's wrong.

You know something is wrong and so does she. But she won't mention it right away. It is best if you review your actions prior to when you realized her attitude change. Something you said or did, though it may seem trivial to you especially if you are an American man, is totally different for the Filipina. Remember that many pinoys are known for having a mistress or side-love, in addition to his wife. Sometimes more than one. Since there is no divorce in the RP, they usually put up with it, if for no other reason than for the sake of the children. For this reason, the Filipina can be rather nervous about the memory of another woman or even the prospect (in her eyes) that another woman might have caught your eye.

This adds to the natural high sensitivity the Filipina has and her ultra-femininity which causes her emotions to run amuck at times. This isn't to say that the Filipina is a bad female for those traits. Considering the "I don't care" attitude that is prevalent in so many American women, it is a blessing to have this ultra-sensitivity. The key is to learn how to deal with it as her feelings can be as fragile as thin ice. Remember, she brings all that she is and gives it all to you completely. This includes her famous loyalty (not talking about this scammers or American-wanna-bes) and disposition. Be prepared to give the same in return with equal amount. Intensity is something FIlipinas understand and they give what they get. The more intense your love affair is with eachother, the more likely your fiery passions will never die and even less likely if at all, the desire or temptation to play around. Afterall, if you have it very hot and heavy at home and you have all you ever desired or need from her and she from you, why go elsewhere? This is an obvious but sadly overlooked fact in society today.

The price you pay for a relationship with a truthful, honest, loving, loyal and real Filipina is having to spend those same values on her to benefit your understanding of her. She must also give too. It isn't one way and it isn't all about the woman - Filipina or not. And no Filipina will respect a weakling man who does not respect himself. But don't let the sexy brown skin, lovely smile, Latina features that mix with Asian features and all the other things that make that Filipina who she is, fool you. She requires a different set of standards and man than an American woman does and the quicker you understand this, the better, hotter (you get the point here!), loyal and stronger your relationship. :idea: :)

My contribution to the Filipina culture topic from my experience in the past and current. And my first post here! :arrow:
maynayz

neutrogena acne mark fading peel

Postby catebroca » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:48 am

The spam link that was posted here has been removed. I can only hope that Chas' computer was not infected by the virus that was attached to the link. Unfortunately the world has many malecious people who target unsuspecting and friendly people as most members of our Forum are. The member named catebroca has been removed from the Forum. I apologize for the problems that this individual has created.
jadegil6 (aka Michael)
catebroca

WARNING

Postby Chas » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:11 am

Don't click on the link above by Catebroca

It took me to where I have no interest in going.

Will now run a anti-virus check on my PC
Chas

Postby chaychay644 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:41 am

maynayz wrote:I am engaged to marry my Filipina fiancee whom I love dearly. I would say the one thing to remember about Filipinas is that they are "extremely jealous" and I would capitalize 'extremely'. Just because she seems like a small package of woman with hot looks, sexy accent and a winsome smile does not mean she is not jealous. Unlike many American Women who seem to pass off the history of "another/the other woman" from the past, Filipinas are not known to tolerate the memory of another female very well. She will display this rather obvious and it is best to get the hint since she will usually just say "wala" when you ask her what's wrong.

My contribution to the Filipina culture topic from my experience in the past and current. And my first post here! :arrow:

very impressive post :D :D yeah, I will admit that we Filipinas are jealous :roll: :roll: don't know why :D :D were the kind as what you said whom can't tolerate "OTHER WOMAN"..anyway, there is nothing wrong with that as long as it is not ruining your relationship..being jealous is a sign that she loves you and don't wanna lose you..right?
chaychay644

Get your friend run to doing up to 3% every day!

Postby tatprealt » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:52 pm

Hello !.
might , perhaps curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with offices around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a proper companion who uses your funds in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to start . Let`s take this option together to become rich
tatprealt

Postby m&m » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:52 pm

Filipino culture seems to be old fashioned but it is more on conservative type. Based on my observation from my grand grand parents, they were such as protective as my father. If it already dark most likely 6-7pm, we are to stay in the house or else, we cant go inside. When it comes to wearing of clothing, my lola or grandma always wear patadyung or long skirt. When it comes to dating, my grandma is very inquisitive that is why my mother, too. The father is very serious to this. He try to test the sincerity of the man by letting the man serve the woman as he stay in the house of the woman. My father said to my brod-in-law, "what plan do you have to support my daughter?' What do you do to gain his heart? Sometimes, the man should win the heart of the parents of woman. Man should be tested. IT is also a tradition that the man should "harana" or serenade the woman as he plays guitar and sing a love song most likely during night time. The woman accepts the harana of the man as she lets him come in the house. When the time comes that the woman trusted the man, she will give you her faithfulness, loyalty, sincerity and love to the one she love. She is very jealous to you when she knew that the man has someone else or even talk to him. So please guys, dont make the woman get jealous because it takes time for her to talk to you. :D

Most of the time, relationship affects by the advises and comments of the parents of the girl. So man take note you must win the heart the parents of woman. And as what i have observed that holding hand and kiss is not permitted to the gf and bf while they are not yet married. If they intent to living in, it is a very BIG CRIMINAL OFFENSE in the site of the parents and also in the site of the community. It is of low moral or IMMORAL. But those in big cities and hoghy urbanized places are not so. It is not a big deal for them. ANd also it is a tradition already that during marraige, all the expenses will be shouldered by the man. And also it is a tradition also that if the younger brod or sis got married, then the husband of the yourger sis must give "DORI" or sum amount to the elder one. Because, it must be the elders must get married first. Just like my elder sis got married and the other elder sis is still single, my brod in law gave sum amount to the eldest. On the other hand, fathers are so concerned about there daughter, he said to my brod in law " kung dili kana ka suporta sa akong anak ug dili kana ganahan kaniya, ayaw sya pasakiti kay ako siyang giatiman gikan pag-anak kaniya. iuli cya sa maayong kamot diri kanaku kay samtang ako siyang gitugutan nga mahimu nimu nga kapikas naa cya sa maayong disposisyun" That means, "if you cant take care of my daughter and that you dont like her anymore for whatever reason, dont ever hurt my daughter as i take care of her from birth until she became your partner and part of your life. Return her as she is in good disposition and never hurt her". Thats how parents love their daughter. And also most of the time, even the daughter or son got married, the parents stay in them or vice versa. So, as long as you will undrstand the culture of the Filippino you will really appreciate. :D
An intimate relationship w/ God must b our highest priority. When U hav right or poor relationship w/Him,out of that relationshp flows everything else in our life. Thus, your relationship to Him determines how you live your life. It all relates to that
m&m

Next

Return to General Forum