IMAGE OF AN ARTIST

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

IMAGE OF AN ARTIST

Postby sagitarianlady4u » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:18 pm

The ARTIST alone is the free man. In him is a creative power which moves his spirit to seek new horizons. He is driven by an inner force to search for beauty and truth. These to him are the basic elements which give difinition to his life. And so the artist projects his thoughts beyond the confines of his mortal citadel in his desire to fulfill himself. Here he finds freedom. And with it follows artistic achievement. An artist has to be free if he is to create at all. He must stand alone and draw power from his own resources. For in the ultimate analysis, he is really alone.
It is this aloneness in the midst of turmoil which give him strenght. It is this aloneness with self that gives fire to his ego. This aloneness feeds his spirt with the essence of creation. and when he sings, he at once feels the throb of many voices, soft and warm, cold and sharp. And as he rises his voice skyward, he hears many faint echoes shivering with him. Then he feels that he is not altogether alone; there are other voices singing with him in their own aloneness.
This realization gives him a feeling of kinship with his fellow men. He feels strong, mighty and surging with life.
The life of an artist is full of pain. Even as he touches beauty, he suffers the wounds of creation. In this singular attempt to express his identity, he shouts in rebellion against the gigantic forces both within and without, which render him bewildered and confused. And during such moments of crises his only hope lies in his own strength. His real worth is tested by the desperate struggle. Indeed, his is a life of lights and shadows, of meaning acquired from struggle and pain----- great in oneness with beauty and truth.
I know that i am not complete. But who is, anyway? I feel the beauty can come to me only when the mind is ready to receive it and when the spirit is willing to suffer. I feel that i am to fulfill myself, i must seek beauty. I must pursue truth. I must find GOD. And i come to realize that struggles serve to strengthen the fibers of my soul. They bring me nearer to beauty. They bring me closer to GOD.
sagitarianlady4u

Re: IMAGE OF AN ARTIST

Postby Edwin » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:18 pm

God's nature does point us to Himself. He has left a witness of Himself in nature for us to see, and it is a testimony of God and His presense. God created all of this, and He can be seen in His creation. When we create we are doing something like God did when He created everything. That is why it is so exhilerating to be creative. We were created in the likeness and image of God. Being creative is truly an expression of our God-like characteristics. We can feel close to God in His creation.

Psalm 34:6; "This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles. 7; The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear Him, and delivereth them. 8; O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him. 9; O fear the Lord, ye his saints: for there is no wnat to them that fear Him. 10; The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the Lord shall not want any good thing." :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Return to General Forum