How Do You View Life?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

How Do You View Life?

Postby m&m » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:13 am

Hello everyone! Please share your opinion what is life all about or how do you define life or how do you view life? :D
An intimate relationship w/ God must b our highest priority. When U hav right or poor relationship w/Him,out of that relationshp flows everything else in our life. Thus, your relationship to Him determines how you live your life. It all relates to that
m&m

Re: How Do You View Life?

Postby Chas » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:13 am

m&m wrote:Hello everyone! Please share your opinion what is life all about or how do you define life or how do you view life? :D

What is life all about? Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs (just Google Maslow) attempts to set out human needs - perhaps this is this what life is about.

How do you define life? Various attempts have been made to legally define this to cater for circumstances at the beginning and end of life. All this has done is make me believe that it is impossible to define 'life' and that each case must be judged individually. My twins were born by IVF (in vitro fertilisation, also known as 'test tube babies', though in reality a test tube is not used). I was lucky enough to see the twins and siblings under a microscope when they consisted of four cells and before they were inserted in my wife's womb. Four were inserted in the womb of which two survived, the others not inserted were destroyed. Was this life even though they were not viable outside the womb?

Another instance is the brain damaged accident victim with the body kept functioning by modern medicine. Is this person alive even though no brain functionality exists?

How do I view life? With utter amazement that something so wonderful ever came into existence. With horror at the cruelty and injustice that exists. With joy at the kindness and creativity that exists. Finally with great optimism for the future and the belief that most people are fundamentally good.

I have not mentioned religion as it is for each individual to overlay their particular beliefs on 'life' and to get comfort and joy from their beliefs.
Chas

Postby m&m » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:51 pm

Chas wrote:
m&m wrote:Hello everyone! Please share your opinion what is life all about or how do you define life or how do you view life? :D

What is life all about? Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs (just Google Maslow) attempts to set out human needs - perhaps this is this what life is about.

How do you define life? Various attempts have been made to legally define this to cater for circumstances at the beginning and end of life. All this has done is make me believe that it is impossible to define 'life' and that each case must be judged individually. My twins were born by IVF (in vitro fertilisation, also known as 'test tube babies', though in reality a test tube is not used). I was lucky enough to see the twins and siblings under a microscope when they consisted of four cells and before they were inserted in my wife's womb. Four were inserted in the womb of which two survived, the others not inserted were destroyed. Was this life even though they were not viable outside the womb?

Another instance is the brain damaged accident victim with the body kept functioning by modern medicine. Is this person alive even though no brain functionality exists?

Thank you so much for sharinf your life.

How do I view life? With utter amazement that something so wonderful ever came into existence. With horror at the cruelty and injustice that exists. With joy at the kindness and creativity that exists. Finally with great optimism for the future and the belief that most people are fundamentally good.

I have not mentioned religion as it is for each individual to overlay their particular beliefs on 'life' and to get comfort and joy from their beliefs.
An intimate relationship w/ God must b our highest priority. When U hav right or poor relationship w/Him,out of that relationshp flows everything else in our life. Thus, your relationship to Him determines how you live your life. It all relates to that
m&m

Postby red » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:39 pm

......life is a continuing struggle...until you die.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby m&m » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:33 am

red wrote:......life is a continuing struggle...until you die.

Yes love is a struggle. :)
m&m

Postby chaychay644 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:10 am

for me life is a gift from God thus we need to take good care of it..its PRECIOUS :) :)
chaychay644

Postby erwin » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:36 pm

life on earth is a temporary assignment. It is the time of preparation for the life after death, confusing huh!! :?: :?: Well, that is what i believe. It is better to believe and get wrong than not to believe but it is true. :) :)
erwin

Postby red » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:40 am

i wonder whats life after death...i will post it here when i will experience it in the future...hehehehehehehe
red

Postby m&m » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:26 pm

red wrote:i wonder whats life after death...i will post it here when i will experience it in the future...hehehehehehehe

Hehehe, i don't think so if you can post a reply if you will experience life after death. :lol: :lol:
m&m

Postby red » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:55 am

who knows!!!! :lol:
red

Next

Return to General Forum